Hosting requests

Is it possible to still make hosting requests anywhere, I think I remember there used to be a forum for it huh?

Nope that was removed a long time ago..
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

Pillhead,

There is the 'find a host' menu in the upper right however there are no hosting requests allowed on WHT.

You can ask for recommendations here but be sure to post as many details as possible about what you're looking for otherwise about 60 odd hosts will respond offering no assistance whatsoever

Best of luck with the hunt!
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Well if you find a host on this board you like, then just shoot them a PM with your questions. Or even e-mail sales on their site!

Quote Originally Posted by MrRadic
    Well if you find a host on this board you like, then just shoot them a PM with your questions. Or even e-mail sales on their site!
    Yah, I been doing that but seems nobody can quite beat the server I already have with Leaseweb, neither can Leaseweb lol!

Thinking it might be just easy to put a server in my own colo, though I dont like to mix up my business with pleasure if you know what I mean.

Have a look in the hosting offers and contact those hosts that you find interesting. The best you can do, so you can also check response time

Quote Originally Posted by nikg
    Have a look in the hosting offers and contact those hosts that you find interesting. The best you can do, so you can also check response time

Like said, thats what ive been doing for over a month now, who would have thought that a year down the line it wouldnt be simple to get an upgrade from current spec to a dual core CPU at the same price/plan

Quote Originally Posted by Pillhead
    Like said, thats what ive been doing for over a month now, who would have thought that a year down the line it wouldnt be simple to get an upgrade from current spec to a dual core CPU at the same price/plan
    Why would the pricing structure suddenly change to such a degree?
    If the hardware is more expensive you can't expect the prices to be the same all around.

For the prices you're after you might want to check layeredtech, just note that they're an unmanaged provider.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Have you tried host quote of WHT?
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/request.php

Quote Originally Posted by David
    Why would the pricing structure suddenly change to such a degree?
    If the hardware is more expensive you can't expect the prices to be the same all around.

For the prices you're after you might want to check layeredtech, just note that they're an unmanaged provider.

lol, well see in the UK if you stay with the same mobile phone provider for over 12 months you get rewarded with lower rental and a free mobile phone, I just figured the same principle applied

Nah, but seriously, I got a Dell PE750 with a P4 2.8/DRAC and want a similar machine but with some kind of dual core CPU, now I know that just over a year ago a P4 2.8 CPU would cost more than a lower end dual core CPU nowadays so technically the price should remain constant as thats all I want to change but it seems not, I'm sure the new dell series are cheaper now than they were then too but alas I'm not getting very far.

I'll give layertech a try (are they european though? must be european), I could care less for being managed providing I have console access, i.e. DRAC/ILO

Pillhead,

Oops! I'm afraid they're not European (I didn't even realize leaseweb was to be honest!) so that recommendation is null and void.

I know of several providers in the US who would be willing to upgrade most clients for free but there's a premium being paid for a reason.

With leastweb's pricing structure that probably isn't something they can offer.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by David
    Pillhead,

Oops! I'm afraid they're not European (I didn't even realize leaseweb was to be honest!) so that recommendation is null and void.

I know of several providers in the US who would be willing to upgrade most clients for free but there's a premium being paid for a reason.

With leastweb's pricing structure that probably isn't something they can offer.
    No idea why they cant, not worth me trying to second guess I just have to stay put until I get a better offer somewhere else.

Dont get me wrong though, not trying to put down leaseweb in any form, there an awesome provider and I will be sad to leave as service has been excellent thats why I have been there for over a year, just seems I've out grown the server specs and with better cheaper models on the market dont see why I should ahve to pay anymore money

You could check the Offers section here at WHT to see ads that different Web hosting providers have posted. Otherwise, to post a request, you'd have to either use HostQuote or go to another forum altogether.
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress Joomla OpenCart Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com