Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    53

    Exclamation Server City - Horrible Company

    Hello All,

    Let me start by saying that I had 2 colocated servers with servercity.com. The main contact for the company is Adam Taylor.

    First of all, anytime there is a network outage or issue where my server goes offline (about once every month or so) it is IMPOSSIBLE to get in touch with anybody at the company via there "24/7" support methods. And when I do get a responce it's always "Were working on an issue". NEVER do they give a reason why it's down, when it will be back up or anything along thoes lines. They just leave you to sit and wonder why your servers are down.

    I am current on all my bills with them, my next invoice due in two days. As always I get the VERY common demand from Adam, "We need payment in 2 days or we shut all your servers off". Now, I have been in this business for a while and I know that when you approach a customer regarding payment or anything for that matter you remain professional and as nice as possible. If you come off like a jerk you will get a jerk responce. Adam loves to just demand and threten everybody until he is blue in the face.

    So, my responce to Adam was I think he is a horrible business man because he makes threts and demands and has horrible support. He should treat his customers with VALUE. Well, what little customers they have and that makes them all the more valuable.

    After that responce Adam told me "By the way, all your servers belong to me now". How does that work? No he dosnt they are still my servers (idiot). This is his little cry for attention and how to get back at someone calling him out.

    He follows up by shutting down my servers and locking me out of the datacenter so I cant retrieve them. Then he sends me this e-mail:

    Pat,
    By now i am sure you know that we have disconnected your server about 8:30pm tonight after you made it clear that you were not going to not pay us by the 30th as agreed and that you thought we were being threatening and demanding by our holding you to your agreement.
    For these reasons and our many continuous problems with you in the past we have chosen to discontinue doing business with you or any company you work for.
    As you know from past experience we do not allow equipment to be removed from our facility until all invoices are paid in full, and your datacenter access has been removed. Any attempt to gain access to the Internap facility, even as a guest of one of our existing customers, will be considered breaking and entering and Servercity Inc is prepared to press charges if necessary.
    Your two outstanding invoices have been adjusted for the 28 days of service that you received, the new total is $112.91. Once this amount has been made in full we will schedule a convenient time for you to pickup your server.
    We have also shutdown the testing and development VOIP server we had setup as we do no longer wish to develop it into a working product for your company.
    All future communication shall be via email to either [email protected] or to our billing staff at [email protected], any and all calls will no be answered. This will keep things from turning into a screaming match and allows both sides to have record of what has been said.

    Adam Taylor
    Servercity Inc.
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    My first reply:

    I never told you that I wouldn’t pay I told you I would.

    GO **** YOURSELF

    Have a nice day.


    Patrick Tarmey
    Boston Dedicated
    Then once I calmed down:

    Ok, lets define ACTUALLY why Adam shut us off.



    I told you that you were a poor business man because you always demanding things from customers. I am paid up until 2 days from now and you shut me off for no reason other than your mad because your ego was hurt. You knew I was going to either pay in check or sell you customers. You agreed to pay me 1 months hosting for each customer. It would take about 6-7 customers to pay the entire balance you claim I owe. Never once did I say I was not going to pay. If I wasn’t going to pay I would have taken my equipment and told you to screw. Not the other way around because I know you would lock me out.



    Adam, you need to grow up and stop being such a little kid about everything. Too bad I think you’re a bad business man, this just proves it because you lose $1,200 a year for your business.



    Alex, I have no idea why you let this clown run your business up here. Multiple sources have concluded that Adam has poor business skills and is an all around moron.



    So here is what will happen from here. You will tell me what I owe up until THIS point. Make sure you add that ½ months discount for the second server because it’s been off for that amount of time. I’ll pay you what you THINK I owe you, and then I will sue you for what I believe you owe me. In the end it will cost you more money than your making or have ever made off of me. I suggest you get a lawyer and a good one.



    Also keep in mind that you don’t have a contract from me, another bad business decision on Adams part so after this we are completely separated.



    Good luck with your “business”.



    Patrick Tarmey

    Boston Dedicated
    So there is a notice to all that you need to watch out for server city. They have horrible support and horrible business tatics.

    Have a good day!

    Adam - Ill see you in court! Oh it will be fun to drain your pockets. Wait you dont have any money!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    53
    Note to everyone. Although my website is not fully back online all my web customers are. Backup servers are the best!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    5,083
    Ok first of all. You have 2 servers that are being held because you owe $112? No offense but pay the $112 and move on. That is hardly a large sum.

    Second of all both you and servercity seem to have a problem with being professionalism IF what you have said is totally true.

    Your first response is totally immature. For $112 I would just pay it and move on. Big deal.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    877
    I honestly don't get why people with a propensity for foul-mouthed ad hominem attacks, threats, and name calling want some kind of commiseration.

    Honestly you're the one who appears to be handling yourself far less professionally then the person and business you're criticizing.

    Based on the content you've shown so far given the choice I'd do business with Server City long before I'd ever do business with you.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    53
    If only you could see the AIM chat logs. Honestly I dont care what anybody on WHT says. $112 is chump change and I have no problem paying it, I do every single month.

    Its just the point that they shut me off because I dented their ego and questioned the way they demand things from customers.

    and I dont care about the money, get it back or not. You think I would actually go to court over $112? LOL thats equal to less than an hour with a lawyer. Court would simply be used as a pain in the butt to server city just like it was a pain for me to transfer all thoes clients to other servers. But I always look at it this way....what goes around comes around.

    Web hosting & design is simply a hobby. Quick money on the side and something to do with spare time. Call centers is where I am full time
    Last edited by BostonDedicated; 12-29-2006 at 03:11 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,211
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonDedicated
    Honestly I dont care what anybody on WHT says.
    Why even bother making a big thread about the issue then?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    5,512
    He has a mechanics lien against your equipment. The only thing even remotely wrong about this is whether or not you knew or should have known that payment would be due on a certain date.

    I know your side of the story but we need to hear the other to be objective.

    As for not being able to get in touch, it sounds like you generally only contact them at busy times. For small businesses it's often hard to stay in close contact with customers during outages as they were likely focusing more on fixing the outage.

    Way back in the day I had a co-location provider make a good point, "The less we sit here and talk about what the issue may be the more time I have to try to fix it."

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    1,584
    Quote Originally Posted by blackhawkit
    Why even bother making a big thread about the issue then?

    Agreed, Insulting everyone at WHT.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    183
    For anyone finding this thread as a result of searching for "server city" - it refers to servercity.com from Boston, USA and not the London, UK company servercity.co.uk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    WebHostingTalk
    Posts
    8,878
    Quote Originally Posted by serverminds
    I honestly don't get why people with a propensity for foul-mouthed ad hominem attacks, threats, and name calling want some kind of commiseration.

    Honestly you're the one who appears to be handling yourself far less professionally then the person and business you're criticizing.

    Based on the content you've shown so far given the choice I'd do business with Server City long before I'd ever do business with you.
    Whew... took the words right out of my mouth.

    Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

  11. #11

    why post?

    Quote Originally Posted by music
    Agreed, Insulting everyone at WHT.

    WHT threads are opt-in. If you didn't want to read this, you shouldn't have clicked the thread and begun reading.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    5,512
    Quote Originally Posted by abbynormal1
    WHT threads are opt-in. If you didn't want to read this, you shouldn't have clicked the thread and begun reading.
    He wanted to read about the alleged complaint, he did not choose to be insulted

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    603
    Pat,

    Very unprofessional no one here cares seems like your just starting drama within adams company. $112 is a lie becasue your server is worth maybe $400 so now your talking a 400$ hit for not paying a $112 bill. Pay adam and move on with life... I would say more but your dating my cousin so Ill back off!!

    Move on Boss lifes too short and im sure your dads web sites will be fine on anohter host somewhere. Get shared accounts maybe having a server is too much responsibility.

    On both parts very unethical and unprofessional! good day
    Axcelx Technologies - James
    Boston Colocation | Boston VPS
    Massachusetts Server Colocation and Dedicated Servers

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    53
    P.S (Months Later) - We did work everything out with Server City and to this day we still work with them.

    Great Company!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,211
    lol quite the turn around huh?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by garrence View Post
    For anyone finding this thread as a result of searching for "server city" - it refers to servercity.com from Boston, USA and not the London, UK company servercity.co.uk
    Wow - just seen this. Indeed, we are nothing at all to do with the US company of the same name; thanks for confirming this garrence, appreciated.
    Ricky Blaikie - Senior Hosting Consultant - Host Consult Ltd
    http://www.host-consult.net - TEL: +44 (0)20 3002 7992

    FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/HostConsult

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •