I have a problem and need some help if possible

Hi there all. I have recently decided to start my own hosting, but here is the problem. My website I currently have is hosted with someone else, so I did a FULL backup within cpanel. I downloaded my backup from the server to my computer and deleted the backup on the server once I was done. Now this backup is a tar.gz file and I wanted to delete about 200mb (its a couple of .rar files) within this tar.gz so when I upload it to my new server, it wont have those in it anymore. Is this possible to do? If so then how can I do this so I can still use this backup (minus the .rar files) to upload within my new cpanel? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think with the WinRar program you can view the files without unzipping them and delete single files. Make a backup locally before trying this

Hello Parijs and welcome to WHT!

Winrar as mentioned has this function, however your new hosting provider (if any) should have been able to do a complete copy of your old account to the new server where you will host your site.

Best Regards,

-Shaun-

The easiest option would be to upload the content directly to the new host.
    If you're using a new cpanel provider they can use the 'restorepkg' script to restore the package with very little effort.

If you just want to extract the data try 7zip &/or winRar as previously noted.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by David
    If you're using a new cpanel provider they can use the 'restorepkg' script to restore the package with very little effort.
    Probably the best way aswell. Agree completely with that.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>