Exclamation Cannot Connect to MySQL server

I'm sure this is a simple fix... but for the life of me I can't figure it out.

I have a website on one server, and a vbulletin mysql DB on another server. Have allowed the website server's IP address in Access Hosts.

However, I am getting this error on the website:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to MySQL server on '' (4) in /home/fifa2002/

Does anyone have any ideas what is causing this?

If someone is available to take a look send me a PM. Thanks!

I suppose you get this message most probably due to a firewall. Try whether you can connect with telnet to the particular MySQL port. If this fails as well you have a network issue - again probably a firewall. Otherwise check your PHP configuration, maybe you havent specified the right port. - Is your site up?
    Multi-Location Service Availability Check ● the only with support for HTTPS & IDN

Also check on the /etc/my.cnf file and verify that there is not a line that says

If you see skip-networking on that file, you will need to remove it, and save the file. Then restart the MySQL service.

Top Secret
    Check to make sure that the server you're trying to access [B]from[B] is allowed to connect to the remote server. Since you're not trying to connect to localhost (as evidenced in the error message), you're most likely having connection issues between a and b

-- make sure that the server you're trying to access from is allowed
    -- make sure the remote server is accepting connections
    -- make sure the remote server hasn't blocked out the incoming server
    -- make sure the USER you're trying to connect as has not maxed out connections
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Linux Problems? WHMCS Issues? +1-866-546-8914 (linux-14) or @whmcsguru on twitter!

Thanks to everyone for your help. took a look david510 and fixed the issue. The permissions were not granted correctly for that server.