WHM is not actually configuring apache?

I'm over here trying to rebuild php with GD in WHM, I go through the entire motion of Apache Update (with GD selected as a PHP Module) and ummmm... after it's done, I check my phpinfo() and there is no GD section, let alone has the build date been changed.

???

try the cpanel forums ....you can use /scripts/easyapache to recompile the php with gd in cpanel

Quote Originally Posted by activelobby4u
    try the cpanel forums ....you can use /scripts/easyapache to recompile the php with gd in cpanel
    I already tried easyapache with option 5.

if one part of the easy apache is failing youwill have issues. make sure you watch for errors.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

I've been trying to.. i seen no errors when I done it via ssh nor when I ran it in WHM..

Make sure you deselect "Skip build if apache up to date".
    BeeServe
    * Rock solid shared & reseller UK webhosting. No downtime™ *
    Now offering fully managed VPS servers

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff - Exceed
    Make sure you deselect "Skip build if apache up to date".
    ooooooooooooooh.

I remember seeing that but I never unchecked it. I will try again...
    Thank you!

still no go... it rebuilt apache and php too... just as I was about to search the screen for any error messages I hit the wrong key combonation and explorer left the page

where would the log file be? and i had 'report any errors to cpanel' checked.

you wont get a log file, cpanel will get it.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

When debugging issues, you need to have the option for verbose compiles enabled. To get there (from the shell):

Code:
    /scripts/easyapache
    6(advanced for experts only)
    the last option
    Keep in mind (of course) that you don't need to rebuild apache to rebuild php. Of course you can rebuild php in and of itself.

As well, it's entirely possible you have conflicts with php. This would be caused, say, if you have a redhat server with a php rpm and a cpanel server with php compiled. Remove the rpm, it's not necessary, or recommended.
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details