Thumbs down Xaphost - Shameful ripping

Take a look at xaphost.com, then head on over to copyscape and take a look at the results. Almost every word on the home page of the site was lifted from somewhere else, one paragraph at a time.

Not good, Nitin. Not good at all.
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

Copy/Paste is a good thing as long as you don't violate copyright laws. Not sure product descriptions, etc falls under that kind of laws.
    -Mr Bister

Quote Originally Posted by mrbister
    Copy/Paste is a good thing as long as you don't violate copyright laws. Not sure product descriptions, etc falls under that kind of laws.
    Copyrights are automatically implied upon the creation and publication of a work, product descriptions included. Unless those works were created more than 70 years ago and copyrights not renewed, they are not available within public domain and remain the property of their creators.
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

So, I'm not allowed to write this if someone else have done it already:

Small package
    100MB Storage
    50GB Traffic
    1000 E-mail accounts
    1 MySQL database

Medium package
    500MB Storage
    100GB Traffic
    2000 E-mail accounts
    5 MySQL databases

Large package
    1000MB Storage
    200GB Traffic
    3000 E-mail accounts
    10 MySQL databases
    -Mr Bister

Max searches has been used.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbister
    So, I'm not allowed to write this if someone else have done it already:

Small package
    100MB Storage
    50GB Traffic
    1000 E-mail accounts
    1 MySQL database

Medium package
    500MB Storage
    100GB Traffic
    2000 E-mail accounts
    5 MySQL databases

Large package
    1000MB Storage
    200GB Traffic
    3000 E-mail accounts
    10 MySQL databases
    The law is 50% letter of the law and 50% intent. Given this ridiculous example, I would say the case for copyright infringement falls flat on the intent portion. However, the paragraphs of product information on Xaphost's home page would satisfy both parts and would be a grand violations of various company rights.

Quote Originally Posted by the_pm
    Take a look at xaphost.com, then head on over to copyscape and take a look at the results. Almost every word on the home page of the site was lifted from somewhere else, one paragraph at a time.

Hello,

Regarding the content of Xaphost, can you please tell me what part of it has been copied from other sites?
    I didn't worked on the content of the site, i talked to the content writer and He accepts the fact, that he took inspiration on content from some sites, but haven't copied anything from anywhere.
    Can you please point out some of the copied content? If it really is copied from somewhere, i will definitely get it sorted out asap.

Thanks for mentioning.

Regards As Ever,
    Nitin Gupta
    Xaphost - We Host the World For You
    Blog | Shared | Unlimited | Reseller | Dedicated Hosting
    24x7 Support, Daily Backups, 30 Days Money Back Guarantee, Latest CPanel

Goto copyscape.com and search for your site. The copied content is highlighted in the results.

Quote Originally Posted by the_pm

Wow this is a really interesting site. I just found someone that copied our company site. =)
    Alex Maleki -/- 1.866.596.8401
    iTeraWeb Solutions -\- Quality cPanel, Unlimited Reseller, and A-Z VoIP Termination.
    http://www.iteraweb.com | 24x7x365 Phone/Chat Support

Quote Originally Posted by Nitin Gupta
    Hello,

Regarding the content of Xaphost, can you please tell me what part of it has been copied from other sites?
    I didn't worked on the content of the site, i talked to the content writer and He accepts the fact, that he took inspiration on content from some sites, but haven't copied anything from anywhere.
    Can you please point out some of the copied content? If it really is copied from somewhere, i will definitely get it sorted out asap.

Thanks for mentioning.

Regards As Ever,
    Nitin Gupta
    Every paragraph on your home page comes from a different site, ~six sites total, nearly word-for-word. That's not inspiration. That's stealing.

Give www.copyscape.com a look, and then fire your content writer and check your site from top to bottom to make sure it's your own work!

Thanks for pointing it out, I will fire that ******* and will hire a better content writer.. If everything goes fine, we will get the new content within next 4-5 days.

Thanks Guys :-)

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused coz of it.

Regards,
    Nitin
    Xaphost - We Host the World For You
    Blog | Shared | Unlimited | Reseller | Dedicated Hosting
    24x7 Support, Daily Backups, 30 Days Money Back Guarantee, Latest CPanel

Where are the thinkers, the creative, the individuals? It is a shame to think that in this industry - as competitive as it is - you would use exactly the same text as another provider. Especially when this industry is about being unique and offering something different. Be yourself people.

What is shameful is this person didn't even flip and rip it. They just ripped it.

I hope Nitin that you are able to fix this issue and don't blame the content writer. Unfortunately it is your company and image and thus you should ensure all is legit.

Has the other company caught wind of this yet?