Seattle, WA

Touchsupport or Acunett?

I have done a lot of research and I narrowed it down to touchsupport and acunett.

I am looking for an affordable solution to server administration and/or ticket support for my clients. Both of which offer all this.

Touchsupport seems to offer the very best in server administration which is what entices me to go with them however with Acunett, they will offer me server administration and support for my clients at all one low price. I am however concerned that the techs addressing problems with my server will respond in a slower fashion and will not be as knowledgeable as techs from touchsupport.

So preferably I would like to go with acunett because they would offer support to my clients however I would like a competant team of techs for my server. I spoke with a touchsupport sales rep on Christmas and they appear promising for server administration however they are a bit steap on prices for end user support.

Tell me what you guys think.

I would go with acunett for start off because of a low price and support your clients. acunett and touchsupport have good reviews here.

Well, you do get what you pay for and Touch are renowned for offering high quality outsourced support.
    Caro.Net: Support is everything
    Offering High Quality Dedicated Servers.

Tampa Florida
    I have had good experiences with touchsupport. They offer excellent end user support, as well as server administration.
    Rock solid hosting and dedicated servers since 1998!
    StabilityHosting Where stability and uptime are king!

we used touchsupport when we launched our linux server, we used them while our own staff were training for linux support, they are fantastic!

Highly recommend them!
    Cyber Host Pro Ltd - over 10 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers
    ★ WhiteLabel OnAPP Cloud VPS Reseller Program, Failover, 10Gbit SFP+ Dual SAN storage with Cpanel, Plesk & Windows server. - UK Call Centre + 24x7 Online Chat

I myself also researched and compared Touch Support and Acunett for quite some time. See the following thread:

I finally went with Touch Support. I now have server admin work as well as client support with them.

They may be more expensive but in my opinion it's worth it.

The quality of their responses to both you and your clients is second to none.

Hope that helps.
    SmileServe | Simple Solutions Which Make You Smile
    LiteSpeed - R1Soft - FFMPEG - RVSkin - RVSiteBuilder Pro - Softaculous - CloudFare
    24/7 Support - 30 Day Money Back Guarantee - 99.99% Uptime Guarantee

I've used touchsupport before. I would recommend them (Haven't used them in the past 6 months though).

Alberta, Canada
    I tried Acunett but had no response to my ticket in 9 hours.

Went to Rack911 and had a response in under two minutes, with the work being done the following hour. I highly recommend them.

Touchsupport has been giving me a very good service consistently in past 12 months.

Atlanta, GA
    Yeah, the TouchSupport guys are great. Really nice group of people they've got working there. Hell, I've got like half of them on my Facebook profile, even
    Former owner of A Small Orange
    New owner of <COMING SOON>

I need to put in a good word for Acunett here. These guys are absolutely great and I would HIGHLY recommend them. They have always been on top of everything we've ever needed and quick at it too.

I know I don't have a lot of posts here, but that's mainly because I'm not all that much of a conversationalist, but I've been doing hosting for pretty good while.

Though I have no experience with TouchSupport, I have plenty of experience with Acunett and I just can't say enough good things about them. Especially Ronny. He'll go ALL OUT for you if you need something. I'd give them a shot :-)

What about the response time of TouchSupport? I've heard they do not meet very well their specified response times.
    Optimidia - Affordable and reliable web hosting.

I've been comparing these two companies, as well.

For people who've tried both, which are better at proper setup and security, as well as pro-active updates?

I was with PSM for awhile, but they're not pro-active. They were great for the price, but I feel that the detail work is where they really lacked. It seemed that only 1 of the techs really knew the nuts and bolts of proper server admin. I'd like to go someplace with more a few more linux "gurus". A place that stays on top of current issues and modern server setup.