Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 44
  1. #1

    Thumbs down Do not use WebSecureStores.com , here's why

    All,
    We wanted to write and warn everyone about a company named WebSecureStores.com.

    We signed up about 6 months ago for the asp hosting. This was supposed to be asp code and a sql 2000 database.

    A week ago, with no notice at all, everyone of our sites was shut down. They did not even bother to send an email.

    We contacted them through the email support and a few hours l ater we were told that ASP is no longer secure and that all sites controlled by websecurestores.com was turned off and we could move if we did not like it.

    1. We asked for the name of thier owner and they refused to tell us.
    2. We tried to call and no one EVER answered the telephone.
    3. None of our message were never returned
    4. No refund has been offered or given to us

    We finally figured out that Jeffrey Houck owned the company and tried to contact him, leaving several messages. He refuses to return any of our calls.

    We ended up reporting WSS Concepts Inc. and WebsecureStores.com to the Washington State attorney generals office. When his attorney found out, he contacted us and threatened us with extensive legal action if we did not stop.

    They also immediatly shut off our email accounts also. Also without notice, also without a refund of any kind.

    WebSecureStores.com is owned by a company names WSS Concepts inc, located in Washington state. The funny thing is, all of the phone numbers relating to them are disconnected or unpublished.

    Who has ever heard of a legitimate company not publishing thier phone number?

    All we want to do is warn everyone possible about this company. On one of the sites we have posted warnings on, Jeffrey Houck even had his lawyer post a reply!! How funny! They must be hiding something if Jeffrey Houck can't even respond to a customer complaint himself.


    So ask it stands now, we have no sites, no email and no refund. All of this when we have a legal contract with them that states they have to provide us service.

    Just be very very careful if you deal with this company.
      0 Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    432
    Where is the site with the lawyer's reply? Sounds like a good read...
      0 Not allowed!

  3. #3
    is it ok to post links? I know some forums don't like that. If it is ok, then I will post the link. It is a hoot!
      0 Not allowed!

  4. #4
    You need more posts to post a link....why don't you just tell us the domain you had hosted with the company and paste the email?
      0 Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Post what email?
      0 Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Newport Beach, CA
    Posts
    2,920
    Well to verify your claims there has to be a domain that can be tracked back to being hosted with that provider.

    Without it there is no way to say you're not just pissed for other reasons and not even a real customer. it's not personal, just standard procedure.
    Show your reciprocal links on your website. eReferrer
      0 Not allowed!

  7. #7
    Ok, now I get it! Sorry, I have never posted to sites before. The domains they hosted for us were purefudge.com and joeroast.com
      0 Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Newport Beach, CA
    Posts
    2,920
    thast definitely checks out. If you don't want to show it publicly you can submit that info to a moderator too.
    Show your reciprocal links on your website. eReferrer
      0 Not allowed!

  9. #9
    We don't care if they know it is us. People need to be warned about them. All they had to do was give us a weeks notice, refund our money and it would have been settled.

    They have apparently decided they deserve to keep our money and not provide any service.
      0 Not allowed!

  10. #10
    A quick google found the link http://www.xomreviews.com/websecurestores.com
    We do the best we can.
    I am the legal counsel for Web Secure Stores. We have very, very few complaints with our service. Unfortunately, you can't please all the people all the time.

    With respect to Dean's complaint, his posting is not entirely accurate. Yes we did disable his site, but only after giving him notice. Without going into the particulars, WSS was not willing to continue to provide him service, at the risk of exposing the rest of our customers to hackers.

    He says we did not offer him a refund. That is not true. We gave him back his money for any service he had pre-paid for, but had not used yet. He wasn’t happy with that. He wanted all of his money back for as long as he had been with us…even for the time before we had to let him go. He threatened to sue us if we didn’t give him a refund from the first day he was with us. Sorry, but we just don’t do that. We did give him back his money for future service not yet used...seemed fair to us.

    As far as his accretion that we did not honor the contract, we believe we did. Our terms of use are extremely clear and all customers must agree to them before they can sign up for our service.

    The bottom line here is that WSS was not willing to expose ALL of its customers to security issues, and down time, because Dean (or any body else) did not want to upgrade to a more secure situation; we had to let them go. He is the only customer that we had that complained about the situation. ALL other customers either upgraded, or took their business somewhere else…no big deal.

    We viewed the entire situation as our customers having the choice to either upgrade, or simply look for another host. Dean thought it would be fair if we gave him back all of his money since he had been with us, even before we informed him of his need to upgrade, and then he threatened us with a law suit if we didn't meet his demands.

    We do our best at WSS to give the best possible SECURE service, for least cost to our customers. We apologize to any of our customers that are inconvenienced by our need to continuously strengthen our security. We believe a secure host is part of what everybody wants with our service, and WSS will not jeopardize all of our customers for the sake of one…we believe everyone understands, and likely agrees with that.

    Like I said, you can’t please all of the people all of the time.

    Richard P. Patrick, Gig Harbor, Washington

    Posted By: Richard P. Patrick, on Wednesday, December 27, 2006
    Technical Advisor for new A&E Series The Killing Season
    There are no random acts of violence
    Starts November 5th!
      0 Not allowed!

  11. #11
    Thanks for posting that. I love the part that states "we feel that we did" when it comes to keeping thier end of the contract.

    We paid them for one year of service,
    They cancelled it without notice of any kind.
    They refuse to refund our money.
    They refuse to give us our emails.
    They NEVER answer the phone.
    The owner refuses to step in and help
    They have thier lawyers threaten people if they complain.

    Is this the kind of hosting company you want?

    Well hopefully, this post and all the others we will be doing over the next few months will help warn people about them.
      0 Not allowed!

  12. #12
    I just had to add a comment about the supposed insecure nature of asp. You can argue for days about that if you want, the simple FACT is that asp is used in actually millions, maybe even tens of millions of websites all over the planet.

    The thousands of other hosting companies don't seem to have the same issue with "SECURE service" that websecurestores has.

    And the issue is not if they wanted us to move because they lack the credentials to really support asp servers, the issue is they did it with NO notice and then when we complained, they shut off our email also.

    It is unprofessional. plain and simple.
      0 Not allowed!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Newport Beach, CA
    Posts
    2,920
    ASP is the only certified language. But, that doesn't mean that all asp sites are secure. bad programming isn't restricted to any language.
    Show your reciprocal links on your website. eReferrer
      0 Not allowed!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    432
    I would never use them just for the fact they have their "legal council" posting on message boards for them. He is trying to sound like a lawyer, but I don't think he is a lawyer.
    Last edited by Festus2005; 12-28-2006 at 07:42 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

  15. #15
    interesting thread. maybe he is owner/legal counsel, like those fish who puff up to scare off would be opponents.

    i better watch it though, i might get some PM's from mr dick p patrick.
      0 Not allowed!

  16. #16
    You might be interested in knowing that we have called "Dick" and he refuses to take our calls or return them.
      0 Not allowed!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Chattanooga
    Posts
    8,985
    Quote Originally Posted by bodhisattva
    interesting thread. maybe he is owner/legal counsel, like those fish who puff up to scare off would be opponents.
    I think you've hit the nail on the head.
    Dave B's previously quoted message just about confirms it as well.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused — For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.
      0 Not allowed!

  18. #18
    You said they didn't reply and refund. Their post said they did, partial for the latter.

    The host believes it's fair (and you'd be surprised to find that others here do, too)
    they give you a partial refund for services not used for the future. You believe it's
    fair they refund all your money, and don't care about the costs they incurred doing
    business.

    Unfortunately without further details from the host (which they don't have to give
    at all), then people here really have no way of knowing what exactly happened.

    And there's nothing wrong with an attorney answering an online post. S/he has a
    choice to do so or not, depending on their judgment.

    Took me a while to find this based on limited data:

    http://pro.wsba.org/PublicView-Membe...&Usr_ID=790371

    Disputes happen daily. That's what Courts and mediation panels are for.
    Last edited by Dave_Z; 12-29-2006 at 12:08 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    432
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zan
    Disputes happen daily. That's what Courts and mediation panels are for.
    That is why a company and a lawyer looks lame for the lawyer replying to message boards. They should stick to the courts and mediation panels.
      0 Not allowed!

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zan
    You said they didn't reply and refund. Their post said they did, partial for the latter.

    The host believes it's fair (and you'd be surprised to find that others here do, too)
    they give you a partial refund for services not used for the future. You believe it's
    fair they refund all your money, and don't care about the costs they incurred doing
    business.

    Unfortunately without further details from the host (which they don't have to give
    at all), then people here really have no way of knowing what exactly happened.

    And there's nothing wrong with an attorney answering an online post. S/he has a
    choice to do so or not, depending on their judgment.

    Took me a while to find this based on limited data:

    http://pro.wsba.org/PublicView-Membe...&Usr_ID=790371

    Disputes happen daily. That's what Courts and mediation panels are for.
    Well dave, they may SAY they gave a refund, but they did not, plain and simple. As for others agreeing with thier actions, all I know is you are the only person who seems to agree with breaking a contract, far less breaking one without notice.

    I suppose it is your right to defend them, everyone has an opinion. I myself have never, ever seen an attorney answer a post for a company, maybe you could point out another one?

    We feel that the public at large needs to be warned about what we feel is a very shady company. That is what we have done.
      0 Not allowed!

  21. #21
    WebSecureStores asked xomreviews to remove the page about them, and they did. So much for the integrity of thier review process.
      0 Not allowed!

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    San Jose, CA.
    Posts
    1,622
    Dave wasn't agreeing with their actions or defending them.

    He simply pointed out that you made your side of the case, and they stated theirs. With no way for any of us to know the facts (as the accounts differ greatly...) most people probably don't really care.

    The bulk of the dispute as you say is that they didn't give you notice while they clearly say they did. You say they didn't give you a refund which they say they did.

    In the issue regarding a refund, I think you'll find that almost everyone here would agree that you would in no way be entitled to a full refund of every payment made to them (if what the host's purported lawyer is saying is true)... solely a refund for any pre-paid services not utilized at the time of their cancellation.

    So, Did you ask for a simple refund of the pre-paid services not rendered at the time of cancellation, or were you actually asking for a refund of all payments ever made?

    It reads to me from their reply that they asked you to perform certain upgrade steps (that others did and had no problems with). You either didn't receive the notification, failed to act on it, or refused to act on it. The latter two of which, I think they properly dealt with the situation.

    I think the biggest reason this came up with, is simply you're saying you didn't receive notifications they say they sent, and no offense, but they come off as the more believable side in this story.

    Lots of us here deal with many many clients who are too lazy, dumb, or accidentally don't keep their contact information up to date.

    Heck... dozens of domains expire daily because people don't keep their contact information up to date... then hosting companies get to hear customers bitch and whine and make posts about how they provided a horrible service because they didn't receive notification of a pending issue.
      0 Not allowed!

  23. #23
    As I said before, they simply are not being truthful. I think you can look at the fact that they never answer the phone, the parent company has an unpublished number and thier lawyer answers the posts for them says a lot.

    Look at the fact that they have shut down the email also, even though they have been paid in full for that service. They are dishonest. It is that simple.

    I don't need to defend thier false allegations, but I will.

    1. They NEVER notified us that we needed to "upgrade"
    2. We NEVER asked for a full refund.

    You seem to be forgetting one basic principle here, we had a contract. That contract was written by them. We paid them for one full year of specific, advertised services. They accepted payment for the term of one year, for specific services.

    At that point they had no choice but to provide those services for the length of time contracted for.
      0 Not allowed!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    San Jose, CA.
    Posts
    1,622
    It's not a "fact" to any of us. Just you simply stating your version of what you say happened. The key point being that we have no way of verifying anything you're saying. What you say, It could be entirely true.

    I'm not sure if them not answering their phone is important. I don't see anything on their website indicating they offer phone support with their packages, simply a "24/7 Online Support Desk".

    Whether their parent company has an unpublished phone number is irrelevant... you don't have services with their parent company. You have services with them.

    However you feel about their "lawyer" posting a reply on a forum is irrelevant... It just sounds as if they were trying to protect their online reputation... Normally, I'd consider that a good thing. Whether everything they said in that post is false isn't something we can verify.

    I wasn't aware that email services were provided under a completely separate contract then your ASP hosting.

    I understand your allegations as stated thusfar.
    I understand their allegations as stated thusfar.

    But, because you seem to point to irrelevant reasons citing them as being a dishonest host... It makes your overall claims less believable.

    I can fully understand and expect someone to be frustrated if they paid for a service and that service was terminated unexpectedly for no valid reason.

    But, I personally also tend to choose to believe the host slightly more then a pissed off ex-customer.

    You would have simply done better in your intentions of warning people away from this host: stating the domains you had hosted there, saying that you paid them for services and they cancelled your service without notice, and you haven't been able to contact them.

    I do hope that any refund due is paid promptly...
    I do feel bad that you feel you've been wronged by this company...

    In the long run... if they continue to treat other customers the way your stating... the situation will sort itself out, with them likely going out of business.

    I think the community does appreciate your sentiment of, "We feel that the public at large needs to be warned about what we feel is a very shady company. That is what we have done." You just have to realize that in a "he said, she said" argument... people might not care or believe you without any reason to.
      0 Not allowed!

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    432
    I tend not to believe anything a lawyer says after the experience I have had with them. People have lawyers speak for them so they are not held accountable for lies. I have dealt with lawyers and they just state the lies their clients pass on to them. Although I could care less about all of the drama in this thread, I certainly do not believe anything a lawyer says over an anonymous poster with no evidence.

    It is a draw in my opinion.
      0 Not allowed!

  26. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwave
    It's not a "fact" to any of us.
    Who is "us"? You are the one makeing the statements.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwave
    Just you simply stating your version of what you say happened. The key point being that we have no way of verifying anything you're saying.
    Once again, who is we? Clearly others find it very believable.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwave
    I'm not sure if them not answering their phone is important. I don't see anything on their website indicating they offer phone support with their packages, simply a "24/7 Online Support Desk".
    I would have to say, you must not have much experience with professional companies. I have never had any other company except WebSecureStores never answer the phone they list as a contact number. The key word would be CONTACT.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwave
    Whether their parent company has an unpublished phone number is irrelevant... you don't have services with their parent company. You have services with them.
    Once again, I think that has to do with your experience with professional companies. I have never heard of any other company having an unpublished number. ever. If you have, please inform.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwave
    However you feel about their "lawyer" posting a reply on a forum is irrelevant... It just sounds as if they were trying to protect their online reputation... Normally, I'd consider that a good thing. Whether everything they said in that post is false isn't something we can verify.
    Well it seems, everything that we think points to a greater whole, is irrelevant to you. hmmm. To be honest it makes me wonder what your agenda is. Clearly you have one.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwave
    But, because you seem to point to irrelevant reasons citing them as being a dishonest host... It makes your overall claims less believable.
    Once again, you are the only person claiming that everything is irrelevant, making your assertions less believable


    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwave
    But, I personally also tend to choose to believe the host slightly more then a pissed off ex-customer.
    Well at least you are admitting you have an agenda and a bias and that you side with hosts, honest or not. Also, I would have to say, you have no idea if we are "pissed off" or not. We are not. We honestly feel the public needs to be warned about them.

    I am not certain what your true agenda is, or if you like some in this world, just like to be troublemakers. I do hope this does not ditract from the very important message, which is WebSecureStores.com, is dishonest and can't be trusted to live up to a contract.
      0 Not allowed!

  27. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Festus2005
    I tend not to believe anything a lawyer says after the experience I have had with them. People have lawyers speak for them so they are not held accountable for lies. I have dealt with lawyers and they just state the lies their clients pass on to them. Although I could care less about all of the drama in this thread, I certainly do not believe anything a lawyer says over an anonymous poster with no evidence.

    It is a draw in my opinion.
    I agree about the drama, I am not quite sure why some need to do it, but I won't be commenting again on the baseless comments of others. Only if someone asks to have something factual clarified.
      0 Not allowed!

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    432
    Actually, I would have to admit that just the fact a lawyer says anything in a matter like this and makes it a point to say they are "legal council" makes me think something on their side of the argument is not all that it appears to be without even hearing what the other side says.
      0 Not allowed!

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    San Jose, CA.
    Posts
    1,622
    Ok...

    Dave said, "Unfortunately without further details from the host (which they don't have to give at all), then people here really have no way of knowing what exactly happened."

    And you felt he was defending them.

    I tried to point out the same thing: What you have is a, "he said, she said" argument. I tried to point out that you keep referencing your supporting statements as "facts" when there's no ability for us to verify them.

    My later intended point was that you included a bunch of things in your initial posts that really doesn't seem to help your warning.

    Is it true that their service package and contractual obligations don't require them to provide phone support?

    From what I gathered.. they don't provide phone support. Thus, your expectation of them to answer your phone calls seemed a useless point to try to prove your case.

    Can you explain why it would matter that their parent company doesn't have a listed phone number?

    In my eyes, they aren't necessarily the company you do business with. You do business with WebSecureStores.Com. It would be like me trying to go to the Gap and return stuff I bought at Old Navy. Their parent company (if not the same) would have no reason to deal with you. As well, WebSecureStores.Com would not necessarily have any reason to disclose who their owners are.

    My point was that if you're going to list things that are trying to support your claims... that they should matter to your issue. On their own they might be bad.
    You could have given proof that the owner beats his wife and sodomizes your dog regularly... but, I'd equally point out that such statements don't support your claims that they are a dishonest webhost.

    I've never said I don't believe you or that I think this host is in any way reputable. I have no relationship with either of you.

    I've only really tried to help you realize that by including things that might not seem relevant to other people, it makes what your saying overall less believable. I obviously didn't come across in my intentions well.

    I would have expanded on your points #3, and #4... but left out the rest.

    There's a lot you say that points to them probably having given very poor support, bogus answers, and generally utilizing poor business practices...
      0 Not allowed!

  30. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwave
    Is it true that their service package and contractual obligations don't require them to provide phone support?
    Since this is the only point that is something I can clarify, this is the only point I will address;

    1. They advertise in several places, including the microsoft directory, that they have 24/7 phone support. They may in fact, no longer state in thier own site, but I did not sign up yesterday, I signed up with them close to 6 months ago and at that time, they did list phone support as one of thier inducments.

    2. I think it is very reasonable to assume that if a company that purports to be professional, lists on thier website a contact phone number, that at some point, you would be able to actually contact them using it. It is no different than if I have a contact address and if you send me a letter, the letter comes back to you as undeliverable.

    3. We were offering this information in addition to the direct harm they did to us. We did not want anyone to be fooled by the suggested profesional attitude they claim to have on thier website.
      0 Not allowed!

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    3,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Festus2005
    I would never use them just for the fact they have their "legal council" posting on message boards for them. He is trying to sound like a lawyer, but I don't think he is a lawyer.
    I couldn't agree more. I know for a fact this guy isn't an attorney, he misspelled "lawsuit" as "law suit"... case closed.
      0 Not allowed!

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    AU
    Posts
    690
    The guy who stated he is a legal counsel, he wrote normal and isn't a true lawyer (who knows!?). I think he knows the internet, a friend of WSS owner or hired to protect the WSS services to avoid the OP's legal action against them.

    To hire a lawyer, write the letter or email can be low cost like $xxx rather than "hire" is expensive ($xxxx-$xx,xxx) for seek legal action and go to the court.

    If he is pretend to be a lawyer or legal counsel, he could be fine pay or goes to jail. Ask your Washington office to confirm the WSS's legal counsel name "Richard P. Patrick, Gig Harbor, Washington". Also see Richard in person to confirm his post in xomreviews (print out), since you are in Washington...

    http://www.lawyers.com/Washington/Gi...ea-of-law.html

    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by TRIBOLIS; 01-03-2007 at 06:32 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

  33. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIBOLIS
    If he is pretend to be a lawyer or legal counsel, he could be fine pay or goes to jail. Ask your Washington office to confirm the WSS's legal counsel name "Richard P. Patrick, Gig Harbor, Washington". Also see Richard in person to confirm his post in xomreviews (print out), since you are in Washington...

    http://www.lawyers.com/Washington/Gi...ea-of-law.html

    Hope this helps.
    Doesn't seem to be a "Richard Patrick" listed in Martindale-Hubbell in Washington state: link.

    Hate to get involved knowing nothing but what's been stated here, but it sounds like the company in question has something to hide -- what does it take for most of us to start the clock with a lawyer when we have client issues? I don't know what the OP was paying for hosting, but I'd guess fixing the situation by refunding all money paid for the year (not that I think that's a reasonable response) would be cheaper than hiring an attorney to review the case and make some random posts on the Internet.
      0 Not allowed!

  34. #34
    He is a real dick... I mean lawyer. We have left several messages and he refuses to take our calls or return them.

    Just more unprofessional actions on the part of this company. Stay far away from them.
      0 Not allowed!

  35. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Huh... where am I again?
    Posts
    974
    Unforgiven, I would like additional clarifications as something is cloudy in my mind about this.
    1. You stated they haven't given a refund, they stated they have given a partial, none used, refund.
      Did you get any money at all back from them? $1, $0.01?
      I ask to clarify what's going on for any that care.
    2. You stated they didn't give notice of account terminations, however, according to their TOS they don't have to:

      http://websecurestores.com/AboutUs/L...s/Default.aspx
      TERMINATION/ACCESS RESTRICTION

      WebSecureStores reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to the WebSecureStores Web Site and the related services or any portion thereof at any time, without notice.[...]
    3. Does their TOS state they'll provide phone support? (I didn't see it listed) Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't a provider reserve the right to discontinue a feature of their service unless otherwise bound by a contract? If that's not the case, then a lot of us and a lot other service industries are in big trouble for getting rid of features as they see fit -- like old EOL ones for example.

    About this lawyer, it's been pointed out that there is a lawyer by that name. Maybe he doesn't know who to spell or type, perhaps he leaves that to his aide. But as it stands, there is a person by that name in that area so unless proven otherwise that's the person. Is it correct for him to do so? Who knows. Who cares. As he seems to have been admitted to the bar in 2005, perhaps he doesn't know any better a newbie at law, if you will.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

    I'm not taking sides here, but rather just pointing out what I was thinking when reading this thread and what I didn't see covered. I have NO relationship to either party.
    -Steven | u2-web, LLC - Clustered Shared Hosting
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" -Aristotle
      0 Not allowed!

  36. #36
    Wow, you went and read the current TOS just to prove I am wrong? Who do you work for!

    Seriously though, and I answered this before but I will address it again;

    1. They have not returned ANY money to us. NONE

    2. We already addressed the phone issue.

    3. We already addressed the TOS issue.

    It really is up to each person reading this to decide if they want to do business with a company that never answers the contact phone, or will drop users, business users, in a heartbeat with no notice.
      0 Not allowed!

  37. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    San Jose, CA.
    Posts
    1,622
    I'll say this one last time...
    Nobody's trying to "prove you wrong" or that say you're simply making up lies. That's a problem with your replies. You can't seem to accept anyone who simply wants more information and isn't taking your side of the events as the truth. The agenda isn't to discredit you or support the host... but to find out more information you can provide which supports your statements.

    People are simply trying to better understand both sides of the story.

    There's still a difference of opinion as to what happened. You think you've addressed the phone issue and issues regarding the ToS... but your "addressing it" seems to be limited to making a statement like, "they lie, I tell the truth!".

    That could very well be true. But, there's still no feasable way for anyone to verify either side's claims.
      0 Not allowed!

  38. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwave
    People are simply trying to better understand both sides of the story.
    I might believe that if every statement or question was not geared toward WSS and allowing them to damage people without notice and in violation of the contract WE signed with them, not a TOS, not anything else.

    There is nothing to "understand". If you want to do business with them, go for it. We wish you better fortune than we faced.

    We warned you, you can listen or not listen, that is your choice. If WSS had another side of the story they would have posted it here, as other hosting companies have done, in other posts.

    The only post they made, they had removed. But I am betting that tells you nothing either.
      0 Not allowed!

  39. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Huh... where am I again?
    Posts
    974
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgiven
    2. We already addressed the phone issue.
    I'm sorry sir/ma'am but my question wasn't answered. Phone support isn't in their TOS and they can retract a feature at any time, just like my cell phone provider can start charging me $50/a minute overages at any time or drop text messages completely at any time.
    So, do you have a separate contract with them other then their TOS? If so, great that clears it up, however, I don't remember reading that and if you stated that it was a separate contract from their TOS, please show me.

    I bring up the phone support issue because for few posts that was your major issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgiven
    3. We already addressed the TOS issue.
    Again, my question wasn't answered. Their TOS states they can term you at any time without notice. I bring this up as again that was a major point in several of your posts. As it's covered in their TOS, they can term you and be within their right.
    So, do you have a separate contract with them other then their TOS? If so, great that clears it up, however, I don't remember reading that and if you stated that it was a separate contract from their TOS, please show me.

    If you do have a separate contract, can we read it?

    My questions aren't to prove anything but to clear it up for anyone that might care. I care as every thread like this puts a bad light on the industry, and I want to make sure that bad light is truly worth it. As others have said, hosts deal with a lot of customers that blow things out of proportion and ruin their reps, dealt with one early today and that's probably why I posted. As a host and as a good customer to hosts I try to get all the information about a host before making a judgement about them. I can not make a judgement without all of the true information and I can't do that without your help -- I left my mind reader in the space craft.

    Your thread is warning people of this company, great, lovely, good for you, but you warning needs hard proof and not just saying this and that -- heck from the start if you had pointed out that post from that lawyer your credibility with me at least would be way up, it would show you're not hiding anything. Also, I'm not an expert, but if what you say is false then they are in a position for a libel suit against you, are they not? Posting such false things does hurt host reputations as we all depend on our online presence and reputations to make that sell.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgiven
    Wow, you went and read the current TOS just to prove I am wrong? Who do you work for!
    I work for my self and another host. Again, I have no relations to this company or you. I read the TOS to see if it covered terminations and refunds, not to prove you wrong but to see if they are indeed what you say. If you'll look at my post history you'll see I've posted in other such threads.

    When ever I see a thread like this, I like to watch and sometimes post as I've done here to find out more information so I can make a clear judgement on the host. I probably shouldn't as I usually get flamed because I didn't take the correct side at the first post.

    Anyhow, if you want to stop talking about this, please do so and we can all move on.
    -Steven | u2-web, LLC - Clustered Shared Hosting
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" -Aristotle
      0 Not allowed!

  40. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by steven99
    My questions aren't to prove anything but to clear it up for anyone that might care.
    That's my point, no one does care, not as much as you seem to! I really have to wonder what your motivation is behind all your.

    As I said before, I am not going to keep going. If you want the WSS side, ask them, see if they post.
    Like I said, go sign up with them and lose your money, your emails, your site, and your data.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •