Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    VPS with multiple different C Class IPs

    Hi to all,

    I have seen that many VPS hosts offer multiple free IPs with their plans. Is there any host that has each IP on different C Class IP Ranges?

    I want to develop some content websites and dont get penalized from search engines if i link from one site to the other content website. So is it possible to get lets say 5-10 IPs from a VPS Provider but the 5-10 IPs belong to different C Class IP Ranges? If yes... which provider is this? If no is there a solution for this?

    Sincerely

    George

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    683
    I very much doubt anyone would do that.

    WIth a vps the main server needs to be connected to a network, then shared out between the vps's (on the same network) some use 2 and 3 networks but that'll be your lot.

    Unless anyone is using routing for each vps node ?
    UK SSD VPS without compromise - upto 250k IOPS !
    www.clustered.net

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,648
    Quote Originally Posted by gmantakis
    I want to develop some content websites and dont get penalized from search engines if i link from one site to the other content website.
    That's a myth..

    http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/myth-b...-ip-addresses/
    Eric Spaeth
    Enterprise Network Engineer :: Hosting Hobbyist :: Master of Procrastination
    "The really cool thing about facts is they remain true regardless of who states them."

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Labrador, Canada
    Posts
    951
    A VPS I have with VPSLink (http://www.vpslink.com/) has three IPs, each on a separate class C network. They don't advertise that as a feature, so you might want to enquire prior to possibly purchasing.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by spaethco

    Did you even read that link? He was discussing dedicated servers vs virtual servers. Nothing to do with multiple Class C's.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,648
    Quote Originally Posted by GotWebHost
    Did you even read that link? He was discussing dedicated servers vs virtual servers. Nothing to do with multiple Class C's.
    He's discussing dedicated IPs vs shared IPs. (ie, hostnamed-based web servers) The specific statement to pull from that link is:

    Actually, Google handles virtually hosted domains and their links just the same as domains on unique IP addresses.

    Meaning that it doesn't matter if you link to your sites from the same IP, adjacent IPs, or IPs spread across multiple /24s. Basically by offering multiple network attachment for SEO purposes you are sacrificing predictability and stability of your network by deviating from hierarchical network architecture for a solution that, at the end of the day, produces only a perceived benefit.
    Eric Spaeth
    Enterprise Network Engineer :: Hosting Hobbyist :: Master of Procrastination
    "The really cool thing about facts is they remain true regardless of who states them."

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by gmantakis
    Hi to all,

    I have seen that many VPS hosts offer multiple free IPs with their plans. Is there any host that has each IP on different C Class IP Ranges?

    I want to develop some content websites and dont get penalized from search engines if i link from one site to the other content website. So is it possible to get lets say 5-10 IPs from a VPS Provider but the 5-10 IPs belong to different C Class IP Ranges? If yes... which provider is this? If no is there a solution for this?

    Sincerely

    George
    yes there is, but you will have to Google it

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    380
    Quote Originally Posted by gmantakis
    Hi to all,

    I have seen that many VPS hosts offer multiple free IPs with their plans. Is there any host that has each IP on different C Class IP Ranges?

    George
    I had a VPS from WiredTree, 2 IPs for nameservers and assigned to different C class.
    You can call WiredTree to confirm buy more IPs on mutilple C class IP sections.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •