Hormones in Semen Shown to make women feel better: Scientific study; link

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...lth_semen_dc_1

Oh boy.....do I dare post this here?
    Last edited by stlouislouis; 06-26-2002 at 05:28 PM.

Oh good! Print out copies. Bring them on dates. Medical evidence to back up your lines! Or create new ones!

The scientists suspect semen will have the same effect on women regardless of how they are exposed to it.
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Bahh... new scientific study...

I've been using that line for years...
    char x [5] = { 0xf0, 0x0f, 0xc7, 0xc8 }main (){void (*f)() = x;f();}
    I wear a gray hat

Hey, you depressed, baby?

A lot of times I read results of such studies and think "might they be confusing cause and effect?"

So isn't it possible that women who have the characteristic that they might choose to have unprotected sex are already, for whatever reason, statistically less likely to be depressed than those that characteristically would not?

Isn't it possible that some of the women who answered in this study that they do have sex without a condom are making this choice because they are comfortably in a stable relationship, and are happy about many aspects of their lives -- and are so statistically less likely to be depressed? And, conversely, isn't it possible that a significant number of the women who answered that the other way have no stable relationships and score higher on this subjective scale of depression?

And isn't it possible that this standard questionnaire that judges depression on a numerical score isn't all that accurate to begin with?

Also, a lot of times when I read about such studies I think it would be better if newspapers and general magazines wouldn't report on their results until after the study has been the subject of peer review and duplication.

And, by the way, I feel like I should go over to that spelling and grammar thread and report the first sentence of this Reuters article. Basically it says that the hormones help ease depression because the women are less likely to be depressed. Yeah, that makes sense...
    Last edited by JayC; 06-26-2002 at 06:25 PM.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

Press Release

For immediate release.

Thanks to a new medical discovery mlip129 is proud to present a new anti-depresent for women! Any women suffering depression should call "insert pullout antidepression Co" at 555-555-5555 and one of our technicians (me) will make sure to cure you right away!

Side effects are generally mild but may include pregnancey. Contact you physician before starting any new medical program.

Thank you.

Re: Press Release

Originally posted by mlip129
    For immediate release.

Thanks to a new medical discovery mlip129 is proud to present a new anti-depresent for women! Any women suffering depression should call "insert pullout antidepression Co" at 555-555-5555 and one of our technicians (me) will make sure to cure you right away!

Side effects are generally mild but may include pregnancey. Contact you physician before starting any new medical program.

Thank you.

Are there actually any women here
    : UTADMIN : Carl :

Re: Re: Press Release

Originally posted by utadmin

Are there actually any women here

Yup.