Thread: Layout messing

* Layout messing

Hey I'm running the site called www.vincent-valentine.com using internet explorer
    Everything looks great
    Yet "some" other pcs reported to me that my layout is messing (espiceally in the right side) and espiceally in firefox browsers. So what can I do?
    and how can I fix something I cant see?

I have just had a look in Firefox on my PC and there is definitely an overflow issue on the survey bit.
    As for how to fix it I can't say off hand. But I would start off by going through and cleaning up the code that dreamweaver has created when you have been making your site, doing so might fix some of the browser issues.

"how can I fix something I cant see?" Download and install Firefox. It is free.
    Sizzling Web Design - Creator of EasyEstimates: Let your customers create complex estimates and orders on your web site.
    Video Gallery Pro - Show your videos like a pro

Quote Originally Posted by night_shade
    Hey I'm running the site called www.vincent-valentine.com using internet explorer
    Everything looks great
    Yet "some" other pcs reported to me that my layout is messing (espiceally in the right side) and espiceally in firefox browsers. So what can I do?
    and how can I fix something I cant see?
    i think the main problem is the messy code. i would advise learn xhtml and css to build a site instead of using the dreamweaver interface.

it would only take a day or so to learn the basics.

Grab a color wheel... red and grey does not go together. Not a snub... only trying to help...

Looks good in IE 7 and Opera... FF seems to take the content of the left box too high.

Looking at the code, I'm not sure what your style sheet does... that could be the issue... if it is hard to understand, then browsers may have a hard time as well. It is not far off the marker, though... couple of little changes should put that box where you want it to go in FF....

I would take the suggestion of learning css... although, I think it will take longer than a day... but well worth the time. Well, it is taking me longer, but some are faster learners than others or started with more experience. :-)

Also, downloading and testing with all browsers is a must... even if just FF and IE... I also test in opera....
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

Several problems. First, your doctype is incorrect, putting IE into quirks mode. See my link below. Use html4.01 strict.

Second, You are using Xhtml end tags on some elements but declaring Html. Remove the ending slashes where it is />.

Third, Validate your html and css and correct the 50+ errors, some caused by the items mentioned above, then see where we stand.
    IE7 is nine years behind the standards or wrong.
    But it works in IE!
    "IE is a cancer on the web" -- Paul Thurott
    "Avoid hacker-bait apps like Internet Explorer" -- Kevin Mitnick

I see the page fine in firefox or everything appears to be fine