Domain Name Help.

Hello, i am fixing to be opening my own public payed hosting here in about a week or two, purchasing a nice dedicated server with plenty of space and band with offshore, i already do some hosting through email already, what i want to do is.

i want to get my whois to show as ns1.mydomainame.com and ns2.mydomainame.com when people look at the whois.

Question is how do i do this? My domain is registered at godaddy.com, and yes this will be my first time running my own public payed hosting buisness.

Pretty much learning, as i am beginning, if anyone can tell me how, this would be appriciated.

off topic: Also i am searching for something that will auto create a users account after they pay for there hosting, i will be using Direct Admin

Thank you

Jeremy
    Last edited by JeremyStCyr; 12-28-2006 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyStCyr
    i want to get my whois to show as ns1.mydomainame.com and ns2.mydomainame.com when people look at the whois.

Question is how do i do this? My domain is registered at godaddy.com, and yes this will be my first time running my own public payed hosting buisness.
    Welcome aboard and good luck with your venture.

For the question I quoted above, you need to register nameservers based on the
    "parent" domain name. Check with Go Daddy how exactly to do that since only the
    sponsoring registrar (GD in this case) can register them at no extra cost.

Hello. As far as I know You have to ask your hoster for this. I'm not sure but I think that nameservers shoulg create your hoster.

You will need to become authoritative for your domain.

Prepare:

You will need to be sure your server and name records are fully prepared to answer on your server.

Then, go to the registrar and choose 'manage host servers' and its at this point you will create ns1 and ns2 with IP address values. (this is different then setting DNS nameservers where the value would be ns1.myhost.com and ns2.myhost.com). You want to find the management area that gives you the opportunity to put an IP address value for NS1 and NS2.

Best of luck.
    Caro.Net: Support is everything
    Offering High Quality Dedicated Servers.

Thanks yall will give it a try, will come back if i still have problems