Internet explorer 7 problem

I had to format my main drive tonight, re-install windows xp and service pack 2. After all that I downloaded and installed interner explorer 7, but the tool bar seems to have vanished!!

I have the top portion where the url would be, but the second tool bar where the home button and others should be is missing. Obviously the tabs bar is missing too.

Here`s a screenshot
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l5...g?t=1167276411

I normally use Firefox, but keep Internet Explorer on my desktop for testing web layouts etc.

I`ve checked to see if something is disabled, but can`t figure this one out.

Thanks.

Did you right click on top of the bar and see if you can select Menu Bar?
    Jorge Campos | WBpro
    Web Building Professionals
    www.wbpro.com

Moved to Computers and Peripherals.

My mother-in-law had a similar problem, except she lost the address bar (she didn't even know she'd downloaded IE7 in the first place). I spent 15 minutes looking for the damned thing before downloading Firefox for her. She'll never go back.
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

I tried right clicking but nothing happens. Ok, I got a little further!! By pressing the ALT key, it temporarily brings up the menu bar, which in turn I can then enable from view. That said, most of it is still missing including the home button!!!

IE7 is working, it`s just annoying to use without half the toolbar especially the home button!!

Just to update, it would seem something messed up during the IE7 install. I ran the xmllitesetup.exe file found in the updates folder, the comman bar and tabs have now appeared

I'd still go with firefox.
    IE7 is just not stable
    Caro.Net: Support is everything
    Offering High Quality Dedicated Servers.

IE 7 is stable... lol... I've been using it since beta with no issues... how do you go from a missing tool bar to not being stable. lol....
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

My personal experience with IE 7 has lead to that conclusion. If you're having better luck..that' great
    Caro.Net: Support is everything
    Offering High Quality Dedicated Servers.

Mesobob, FF is great and I actually would recommend haveing IE and FF when one browser goes kaput. You can reinstall IE7 or 6, but first try going into Internet Options through the control panel and restoring defaults in the advance tab and privacy tab first to see if that restores it. The menu bar, as you probably saw, is completely different. Most of the options that were across the top are now under tools on the right hand side of the bar.
    Patrick K. HendersonSales Manager
    LiquidWeb.com
    StormOnDemand.com
    Twitter: LW_Patrick

Hey Patrick,

I managed to resolve the problem. I posted in one of the Microsoft groups and was suggested the install process may have gone wrong somewhere. I had to extract the IE7 installer with winrar and run the xmllitesetup.exe file in the updates folder. IE7 is now working as it should.

Yes, I`ve always had several browsers on my desktop. Purely for testing web layouts, but I primarily use firefox for general browsing.

Mesobob, glad to hear you are back into service.
    Patrick K. HendersonSales Manager
    LiquidWeb.com
    StormOnDemand.com
    Twitter: LW_Patrick