is Joomla SEO friendly?

is Joomla SEO friendly? a client of mine wants to install it and was wondering.... the new version 1.5 beta is out.
    GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features. Replicate data across between servers in the same network, WAS, or even across the internet

Joomla can be very search engine friendly. We have been using it for years and have top placement in google for most of the search terms we have targetted. Its results can equal static sites if done properly.

You do need to do some things to increase its effectiveness - use the commercial 3rd party module called SEF advanced - which handles all of the url rewrites and also changes around the order of how things are displayed in the various meta tags.

I would stay away from the beta - the current stable release is v1.0.12

thank you.... what do you recommed as a third party?
    GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features. Replicate data across between servers in the same network, WAS, or even across the internet

Hello,

SEF Advanced is the best of them available

use the commercial 3rd party module called SEF advanced
    there are also some free componants for Joomla to rewrite url's - but, they do not do as complete a job as SEF advanced.

hope this helps..

Quote Originally Posted by CartikaHosting
    Hello,

SEF Advanced is the best of them available

there are also some free componants for Joomla to rewrite url's - but, they do not do as complete a job as SEF advanced.

hope this helps..
    You are always helpful Thank you.

I was wondering the same thing about JOOMLA...

I have a site with joomla with built in basic SEO url. There are some paid and free SEO mod's available. Recently found another CMS - http://modxcms.com, i have not used that, but seems to have better SEO friendly url.

the power joomla currently has ... and the amount of deveoplment which is going on it ... isnt matchable ... atleast not by modxcms

Quote Originally Posted by hitmeback
    the power joomla currently has ... and the amount of deveoplment which is going on it ... isnt matchable ... atleast not by modxcms
    Agreed - Joomla is awesome - we have several CMS solutions - both open source and commercial - and honestly - Joomla keeps coming out ahead - we have built our website with it and hundreds of customer intranet and extranet sites using it.

I simply cannot believe how lucky we all are to have something like this freely available..

I develop Joomla sites on full time basis. Use OpenSEF, its FREE. Advanced SEF is commercial and works the same.
    jh! design
    URL: www.jh-design.com
    EMAIL: info AT jh-design.com

Note that SEF Advance is only supported on LAMP environments (Apache, PHP, and MySQL required). You also need to be able to do mod_rewrite and support IonCube. I think OpenSEF works on Microsoft servers (not sure). We're a Linux shop so it hasn't been an issue for us (we started out just doing our own mod_rewrite before moving to SEF Advance...that got unwieldy pretty fast though).

Also, your client should be careful if using commercial templates. The quality of the markup generated varies greatly. Look for templates that optimize content position and, if practical, are tableless (one of my favorite commercial joomla templates renders in tables...one of these days I'm going to take out my code-machete and whack it into divs.)

Just to add some me-toos: (1) Joomla is very nice. (2)Don't deploy the 1.5 beta.
    Forayweb - Online Solutions for Your Business
    Expert Hosting and Pay-As-You-Go Web Services

OpenSEF's been doing a good job for me.

Thread moved to Web Design and Content.

What about Drupal?
    It's got a URL rewrite system right out of the box