View Poll Results: When should I launch the website/forum?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • When its "usable" , members can see it evolving and improving

3 30.00%
  • When it is "fully" completed, members like those many extra features

7 70.00%

Launching a website or forum

I'm planning to add alot of hacks to my forum/website. And the customization itself would take probably months (weeks at best) to fullfill. I was wondering if I should launch my forum/website to the public and start advertising already to get members? Or should I perfect it and get some friends to sign in and post and kind of make the forum look active.

In other words would people want to join an "empty" forum/website so they can think they are "pioneers" and they can see it improving or is it better for someone to join a growing community with already other members?

Let me know your opinions on this one

Thanks.

If you currently do not have any members i would recommend finishing the site and main features you wish to add (obviously non crucial features can be added once the site has been launched).

"In other words would people want to join an "empty" forum/website so they can think they are "pioneers" and they can see it improving or is it better for someone to join a growing community with already other members?"

This is doubtful, unless your forum fills a niche or you have alot of friends () initially you will most likely struggle for members.
    System Administrator

I already have all the main features done. All I need to do is add flashy features such as "member of the month" "best article" type of stuff.

Moved to Web Design and Content.

I would suggest getting members first and make improvements as you grow
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.

I wouldnt put too much time into perfecting the website unless you are sure you have a plan for success. It would be an awful shame to spend months on making an awesome website only to see it fail in the long run.

Yeah exactly. Thats why I"m in a dilemma of spending time one website or spending time advertising.

If you have a few friends to chat about things and make the forum active and intereseting, you have a good chance to get this forum off the ground. Building a forum takes a lot of time and patience. I have been learning that myself. You also need to have ways to get the words out so that people can find your forum. Not an easy undertaking. Best of luck!
    Kick Ass SEO - Minnesota Search Engine Optimization Service

Your poll was sort of misleading. I voted based on not having the site up yet. I would always have a completed project before launching. Now on the touch ups - I would launch and begin working on those as you need them.

Get some splatter going on the board.

I would recomend finish the most important features youd like to add and then launch it. You can add minor features later and get it launched as early as possible. So its a win win situation. As far as the forum being empty you should probably at least make it look active. Personally I don't like joing new forums because there arn't alot of people to talk to etc. Just my 2 cents

Goodluck!

no first make ur site fully navigable and make ur visitors feel like coming again to your site so its better to first finish ur site and then make members
    http://Smilemaker.uk.to
    (More than 800 readymade scripts)
    http://Bestforum.uk.to/uk/forum