* Hosting Provider Metrics - Interesting Stats

DomainTools is proud to present real time web hosting metrics on top web hosting companies. All stats are unbiased and can not be altered by sponsorship or bribes. The reports are generated by automated processes and measure many things. Uptime measuring is performed every 30 seconds by monitoring stations around the Internet. The Web Speed Index test represents how fast one of our monitoring stations can download a complete page with many images. Our final test is sending a tier one support question to the providers ticketing system and recording how fast they can respond with an appropriate real human answer, auto replies are not counted.

Past 30 days

Shared Hosting - http://web-hosting.domaintools.com/a/shared-hosting

#1 is aplus
    Last: godaddy

VPS Hosting - http://web-hosting.domaintools.com/a/vps-hosting

#1 RoseHosting
    Last: Rackforce

Dedicated Servers - http://web-hosting.domaintools.com/a/dedicated-hosting

#1 The Planet
    Last: Serverpronto
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

"Our final test is sending a tier one support question to the providers ticketing system and recording how fast they can respond with an appropriate real human answer"

I presume this is processed manually then? If so good luck!
    System Administrator

Oddly, this same hosts are those offering affiliate program through CJ.. I tend to think that the whole list is BS.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Yea, after a second look all the links to the providers sites go via an affiliate link.
    System Administrator

Makes sense. We don't have an affiliate program, so alas, no listing for us.

Another biased list that claims to be unbiased? I'm absolutely shocked! Really!

Quote Originally Posted by thetimehascome
    Another biased list that claims to be unbiased? I'm absolutely shocked! Really!
    Yeh, I'm shocked too! HA
    Jim - 2Macs H-Sphere Web Hosting
    Since 2001 - H-Sphere Clustered Shared Linux & Windows Hosting
    Fully Managed Services| Custom Web Designs
    Unconditional, 30 Day Money back Guarantee!

Quote Originally Posted by voxio
    Yea, after a second look all the links to the providers sites go via an affiliate link.
    Maybe I missed something that time. But when I hovered my cursor over each and
    every one of those links, they all seem to go straight to their respective providers.

Unless the link that temporarily shows after clicking is the affilliate one that you're
    thinking of.

It does send you to a redirector, as example, Aplus will send you after to

hxxp://affil.aplus.net/Affiliates/click.jsp?bid=XXXX&aid=xxxx (xxx because I don't want to give free traffic )
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

The data is from realmetrics.com . Are these sites co-owned? Or does RealMetrics sell their data.

i cant believe i missed the affiliate link thing!

i saw they were on redirects, but i thought that was for tracking purposes only!

ack!

Oh, no, we are not going to forgive you for that terrible mistake

More traffic for the big guys. Neat idea if it really was unbiased information though.
    Salvador Paniagua | CEO/Founder of AllureHost.com
    cPanel Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Hosting - Custom Hosting
    cPanel 11 | ASSP Spam Filter | WHMCS | RVSkin | RVSiteBuilder | Fantastico | PHP & MySQL 5 | Site Transfer

lol wow they're just trying to make Money off of sign ups..

i wouldnt say they are trying to make money of the sign ups.

the data really isnt that great.

Realmetrics contacted my company two months ago to be in this. they want a free VPS + prepayment for clicks, its a CPC program, they collect data for a week or two and then it ranks it on their site and then its pay per click.
    Yellow Fiber Networks
    http://www.yellowfiber.net : Managed Solutions - Colocation - Network Services IPv4/IPv6
    Ashburn/Denver/NYC/Dallas/Chicago Markets Served zak@yellowfiber.net

realmetrics.com

Do service providers pay you for their ranking position?
    No. Payments from service providers are tied to standard affiliate programs, referral programs or our internal cost per click program. Our business model is based on creating value for both the consumer and the service provider. The model includes compensation from service providers, but this compensation is not tied in anyway to the rankings or the metrics on our site.

//but how is it unbiased if they will ONLY list those who will compensate them?//

RealMetrics, LLC
    13304 Crestwood
    Wichita, KS 67230
    Phone: 316-733-0412

all i know about whois.sc is someone named jay westerdal, but i dont know if he is still there. i dont think they are same ownership.
    Last edited by Project X; 12-28-2006 at 05:36 PM.

email rick sent me from realmetrics. before i knew this was a pay per advertising thing i thought this guy would of been a legit review site :-/

Hi Zak,

Glad you're interested!

Yes, either a donation or a reimbursement is part of our standard arrangement. Also, we set up providers on a cost per click model, but the cost per click does not have any relationship to our rankings or graphs. We have set a nominal fee of $1.50 for VPS Hosting.
    Our click validation technology eliminates clicks from bots, eliminates clicks from IP's with excessive clicks in a short amount of time, eliminates multiple clicks to the same provider from the same IP per day, and eliminates clicks from countries highly unlikely to convert. We are so confident in our click validation technology that we provide detailed reports showing every individual click both billable and non-billable clicks (unlike Google and Overture that only show aggregate totals).
    Here is a our standard arrangement;
    1) we set up a standard VPS hosting account. (some providers reimburse us, some set us up with free accounts, either way is fine)
    2) you make a pre-payment deposit to go against the future valid click-thrus that come to your site from our visitors (for a VPS account, $250 is the typical pre-payment deposit, but we're flexible)
    3) we load our standard testing website and tools and begin the monitoring process from 6 different sites across the U.S. and Canada.
    4) after we gather about a weeks worth of data, we add your data to our rankings and graphs and send qualified visitors to the URL of your choice.
    As a next step I can walk you through our Provider Control Panel where you can see all the clicks, both valid and invalid. Would that be helpful?
    Rick

Yellow Fiber Networks
    http://www.yellowfiber.net : Managed Solutions - Colocation - Network Services IPv4/IPv6
    Ashburn/Denver/NYC/Dallas/Chicago Markets Served zak@yellowfiber.net

what do i have to do? start my own!!