Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LiveHost/thecrazedking: Crazed is right

After switching to a new web host (LiquidWeb) from my old one (LiveHost), I canceled the PayPal subscription to LiveHost today. About an hour later, I received this amusing email:
    So, I did a quick Google search on him and found that he had previously bought out several webhosts, and had run a fake bank (see here). A quick whois on livehost.net (the old host's site) revealed that he was the administrative contact for the old host.

How amusing.

We had suspected that the host had changed ownership after downtime became more and more frequent, but I didn't realize that the site was taken over by a moron of this magnitude.

So, a word of warning to future and present LiveHost customers: avoid them like the plague. This is not a good sign.

How professional.

What is LiveHost's URL?

Oh nevermind I see it's http://www.livehost.net

They got a BBB reliability seal, but according to this, they are not a BBB member: http://www.thelocalbbb.com/commonrep...483&language=1

Have you seen all the recent bad reviews on the website they are touting as being #1? http://www.hostsearch.com/review/livehostnet_review.asp
    Last edited by Festus2005; 12-27-2006 at 05:48 PM.

He's a member here so I'm sure we'll get both sides. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/member.php?userid=43222
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

I daresay this might become interesting.

I really don't think there's any excuse for this, because the email address is easy enough to Google for (leading you to find his name, which is linked to the domain of the host) and it was obviously linked to the cancellation of the PayPal subscription. Judging by the support offered by LiveHost after it was apparently bought out (that is, none - emails were not answered in weeks), I'd say this guy is just buying hosts and ruining them.

Quote Originally Posted by Festus2005
    They got a BBB reliability seal, but according to this, they are not a BBB member: http://www.thelocalbbb.com/commonrep...483&language=1

Odd but the link on their site to the BBB shows they are a member.
    http://www.bbbonline.org/cks.asp?id=1060210152331

Quote Originally Posted by jmweb
    That is the thing, you click the report and it goes to a website that says it does not cover the area they are in and then it refers to another BBB site that says they are not a member. It looks like something got messed up and he has a seal without a membership report... which would make the seal worthless.

How professional indeed. Sorry, but any host that has to go under an alias and try to convince their former clients that their new host is not good is quite pathetic. Good for you for making the change and anyone who checks their HostSearch reviews over the last few months can see why he made a post about this. Quite interesting...
    SwiftModders - Professional Web Design Services & WHMCS Themes
    Web Designs catered to web hosting and software providers!
    Check out the top-rated WHMCS Admin Panel Theme by SwiftModders

Ok enough with this , I haven't been on in 2 days , No one sent you this email, I have all my servers at liquidweb by the way except the ones from the livehost buyout, would this make sense to say such things? I buy and spend hundereds of thousands of dollars per year on buyouts, is there angry clients from a buyout sure, would i email them with such garbage? id say not, Do i have time to find out where a customer went no, I didnt have any contact with him, . Ive never ran a fake bank site , it was a bad mistake , i registered a domian for a customer and didnt click change info to his at enom, so when it went bad i had to shut it down and of course i had my contact info on it by mistake, lesson learned, id say that iam the most famous trashed out guy around wht these days , if there was a star magazine of the hosting industry id have my face on the front cover weekly. But when you buy thousands of clients a year i guess you will always find a few bad seeds or people that dont find you as neat as the old owner. Buying hosting companies and cleaning them up or merging them is a task. its easy from the outside to say " how heck hes ruining everything , But if you havent done it, please do not speak. Id like the mods to take the fake bank link away as thats horrible to post , never have i been involved with anything like that.

Also to the person posting this, can i have your email addrese and domains? id like to investigate this and post any tickets you've opened up on our support board, no one goes unanswered, please reply or this thread shall show the truth.

I haven't been on in 2 days
    This is a lie that I just do not get. What purpose does it serve to tell this lie. When the link to your profile was posted I looked at your last visit there, it was 7 hours before the profile link was posted, 4 hours before the thread started and less than 24 hours before your reply

Now knowing that you lied about this for absolutely 0 gain, why would you not lie if it was to save face.

Id like the mods to take the fake bank link away as thats horrible to post , never have i been involved with anything like that
    i registered a domian for a customer and didnt click change info to his at enom, so when it went bad i had to shut it down and of course i had my contact info on it by mistake, lesson learned
    Yes you were involved as you yourself already pointed out your story of your involvement

id say that iam the most famous trashed out guy around wht these days
    I am sure you would say that, you obviously think much higher of yourself than most others.

please reply or this thread shall show the truth.
    Being that you lied about the silliest of things for no gain, I am certain the truth has been shown.
    Technical Advisor for new A&E Series The Killing Season
    There are no random acts of violence
    Starts November 5th!

Wow, I now checked your post history and it shows posts only 5 hours before you said you had not been here for 2 days.

Maybe I am just stupid, but for the life of me I cannot understand how you think it would help to lie about something so unimportant.
    Starts November 5th!

Dave B - Veni Vidi Vici.

webuyhosts - explain.
    Recommended: Stablehost, Hivelocity, Fused

Actually after looking at it again I will apologize, it was almost 30 hours between the last posts and the posts in this thread.
    Starts November 5th!

Edit: Nevermind. Misread Dave B's last post...

Also to the original poster, please post the email headers of the message. It will answer a lot of questions.
    Last edited by Mike V; 12-28-2006 at 01:21 PM.
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by webuyhosts
    Ok enough with this , I haven't been on in 2 days , No one sent you this email, I have all my servers at liquidweb by the way except the ones from the livehost buyout, would this make sense to say such things?
    Then where did the email come from? It's your address.
    I buy and spend hundereds of thousands of dollars per year on buyouts, is there angry clients from a buyout sure, would i email them with such garbage? id say not,
    Your actions show otherwise.
    Do i have time to find out where a customer went no, I didnt have any contact with him,
    It's a quick whois check. Not that difficult.
    Ive never ran a fake bank site , it was a bad mistake , i registered a domian for a customer and didnt click change info to his at enom, so when it went bad i had to shut it down and of course i had my contact info on it by mistake, lesson learned,
    Okay, sure. You might want to tell that to aa419.
    id say that iam the most famous trashed out guy around wht these days , if there was a star magazine of the hosting industry id have my face on the front cover weekly. But when you buy thousands of clients a year i guess you will always find a few bad seeds or people that dont find you as neat as the old owner. Buying hosting companies and cleaning them up or merging them is a task. its easy from the outside to say " how heck hes ruining everything , But if you havent done it, please do not speak.
    It's obviously quite a task, judging by how many customers of LiveHost have posted negative reviews on HostSearch. Must be too much for you to handle.

Id like the mods to take the fake bank link away as thats horrible to post , never have i been involved with anything like that.
    It's not "horrible," it's something turned up in a Google search for your email address. It's quite plausible.

I'd also like to point out that I would not use a webhost with the spelling and grammar skills you have exhibited. It is hardly professional. The true reply to the email sent to me would go something like, "Judging by your grammar, I don't really think I need you to visit my website."

Also to the person posting this, can i have your email addrese and domains? id like to investigate this and post any tickets you've opened up on our support board, no one goes unanswered, please reply or this thread shall show the truth.
    I opened two support tickets in your system and was actually unable to access them afterward (the system would not let me in) and added another through the contact form available on LiveHost.net. I have not received a response since (that was a month or two ago). All of those would have been filed with the email address associated with my profile here (I will respond to your email and we can deal with anything there; I never like giving out my email address in public when necessary). I can give you the domain name if you email me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike V
    Also to the original poster, please post the email headers of the message. It will answer a lot of questions.
    Here they are, in all their glory:
    Subject: never will use your site agian
    Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 14:54:36 EST
    To: [removed]
    X-Account-Key: account4
    Return-path: <[email protected]>
    Envelope-to: [removed]
    Delivery-date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 14:54:51 -0500
    Received: from [64.12.137.9] (port=58475 helo=imo-m28.mx.aol.com) by calculon.liquidweb.com with esmtp (Exim 4.52) id 1GzerT-0004A5-M2 for [removed]; Wed, 27 Dec 2006 14:54:51 -0500
    Received: from [email protected] by imo-m28.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v38_r7.6.) id a.57a.2cd42ef8 (32914) for <[removed]>; Wed, 27 Dec 2006 14:54:38 -0500 (EST)
    Message-ID: <[email protected]>
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="-----------------------------1167249276"
    X-Mailer: 9.0 Security Edition for Windows sub 5354
    X-Spam-Flag: NO
    X-ClamAntiVirus-Scanner: This mail is clean
    X-Antivirus: avast! (VPS 0663-0, 12/27/2006), Inbound message
    X-Antivirus-Status: Clean

Probkems with the crazed king too

I was going through livehost.net for hosting and gotonames.com for domain registration. Here of late, service has been lacking. If you whois the domain from that bank fraud you will also find a new entry for such, I have notified the AA419 of this.

My domain was set to autorenew, it did not thus expired. When I contacted them through the ticket service I was given the option to send him money to his paypal, for three dollars more than my actual renewal fee. I also was told it was not their fault it didn't auto renew (when i questioned if I could just autorenew it myself without going through his paypal) and got questioned about the validity of the credit card.

----- Original Message -----
    To: [removed]
    Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 7:18 PM
    Subject: [SPQ-72485]: Re: [removed].com will auto-renew in 5 days

Re: [removed].com will auto-renew in 5 days

please paypal 12.95 to [email protected] i will renew right away

<B>From: [removed].
    To: Nate
    Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 7:30 PM
    Subject: Re: [SPQ-72485]: Re: [removed]..com will auto-renew in 5 days

Yes the card is good and was good at the date of supposed autorenewal.
    To: [removed].
    Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 7:25 PM
    Subject: [SPQ-72485]: Re: [removed]..com will auto-renew in 5 days
    Re: [removed].com will auto-renew in 5 days

yes login into gotonames.com you cna renew it from there, its not our fault it didnt renew is the card good on file?

</B>

wow

Your card is not good. ive tried all day to help you renew your domain, all you are doing is insulting me and not wanting to get your site back up. Your words were i will not continue with you because ive seen 1 bad post about you. Well that is what your basing your entire 2 years with? Ive been trying since 8 am this morning to get your site up but you wont talk about that all your talking about is how bad we are for your expired card not renewing your domain.

No, it isn't just one bad rating post. Try googling your email every now and then. You claim BBB Online relaiblity, the BBB has no record of such.

Your card is not good.
    Funny, it has worked quite well every where else, including service with a new host.

Well that is what your basing your entire 2 years with?
    My two years of good service came when Thomas was running Livehost.

Ive been trying since 8 am this morning to get your site up but you wont talk about that all your talking about is how bad we are for your expired card not renewing your domain.
    I didn't talk to you until 7:00 pm and the card is not expired nor was it expired. Again it was just used to make an online purchase so you are blowing smoke.

To: Nate
    Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 7:08 PM
    Subject: Re: [SPQ-72485]: Re: designofimagination.com will auto-renew in 5 days

It did not auto renew so now my domain is expired.
    Last edited by MystedVeil; 02-07-2007 at 02:41 AM.

this is your post on our support board you kept sending this to me today , did you read it? Please read this and see if it makes sense
    Posted on 07 Jan 2007 05:08 PM
    I have received multiple emails, the one below stating the domain will auto-renew then more stating it will expire. Is this just customary notification or is there something wrong.

To: << name removed >>
    Sent: Monday, January 01, 2007 7:18 AM
    Subject: designofimagination.com will auto-renew in 5 days

Date: 2007-01-01 Hello << name removed >>, The following domains are due to expire in 35 days: designofimagination.com The auto-renew setting for this domain is currently active. If you have either: a) sufficient credits in your account or b) a valid credit card on file, ..then this domain will be automatically renewed for you in 5 days. If you wish to manually renew this domain, find this domain in your manage domains list and click on the Renew link. If you have any questions, please let us know! Please contact support if any errors are listed above, or you have any questions about this order. Thank you for your business! Regards, Administrator GotoNames.com - Accounts Department
    Last edited by writespeak; 02-09-2007 at 01:31 AM.

Isn't that like sueable for fraud? I mean, I doubt you'll sue for $8.95 but thats horrible.

Webhostguy, I'm sure an $8.95 charge will hardly max out his credit card. And why does he have to renew his domain by sending paypal to you for $3 more than the actual fee, he can renew the domain anywhere he wants. Thats sounds scammy to me.

Yes, that email below is customary notification. I own 8 or 9 domains. When one is about to expire, the registar usually gives you several warnings.
    Last edited by Archbob; 02-07-2007 at 02:46 AM.

whats fraud? no funds for the rebill? I mad every attempt to renew this domain. I think this is smoke as vivian gives up a domain name after 2 years of use for it not autrebilling? makes no sense why this is even a stink ive tried helping, but no go so far.

Re: designofimagination.com will auto-renew in 5 days

yes it will autorenew, we just send reminders out, thank you if you see that it doesnt renew let me know right away

i notified you the moment I found out it did not autorenew. I got asked to paypal your [email protected] $12.95 to autorenew something that should have autorenewed for $9.95. That was my first clue to do a bit more digging before I had myself into a deeper situation in which more client base could be lost. I find it funny that is telling me the card isn't any good when a full income tax was just placed on the card so there are more than enough funds available.
    Last edited by MystedVeil; 02-07-2007 at 02:50 AM.

i mean it was expired 24 hours or less and ive have been trying to get them to renew it since this morning. You think if it had any value they would have and had it back up since then, this has been very insulting to our team.
    Domain name: designofimagination.com

<< whois personal details removed >>

Name Servers:
    dns1.name-services.com
    dns2.name-services.com
    dns3.name-services.com
    dns4.name-services.com
    dns5.name-services.com

Creation date: 05 Feb 2004 14:57:08
    Expiration date: 05 Feb 2007 14:57:08
    Last edited by writespeak; 02-09-2007 at 01:30 AM.

Agreed i take responsiblilty , i didnt mean 12.95 i meant 9.95 i can see how that looks , you should have said something in the numerous tickets, i dont want to overcharge you. aLso you say since we took over from thomas things went down hill, you havent said anything till today. And we have been the new owners for 4.5 months , you havent noticed any real difference id say as i see no tickets or concerns.

I have voiced many complaints via the ticket system to have them not returned or lost. The last time I contacted was over the autorenewal notices and about the javascript injection into our sites.

The first ticket key : c77242c2.
    the second: b73a0ab9

I included these in case you would like to check on it. I am not attempting to defame or slander you, what I copied and pasted was the conversations between us from 7pm this evening until now.

ok

I want to work this out, i really didnt mean for us to argue or fight. I just wanted to get your domian name fixed. Also thomas sold his company becasue all his servers were compromised. This is why we took over we, had to totally reset up and start over after we took over. i wish you the best of luck. I want o work this out but ivee youve moved on i wish you the best. nathan

Was it really necessary to post my information up here? I know anyone can whois a domain but seriously, you just put my address and phone number on a public message board?

That professionalism right there is why I am not going to fix things with your hosting business.

So much for your privacy policy: https://www.livehost.net/privacy.html
    Last edited by MystedVeil; 02-07-2007 at 03:11 AM.

I have made a copy of your post giving away all of my personal information as well as a copy of LiveHost.net's privacy policy as I do believe that was an utter and complete breach of giving away personal information.

Well i didnt give any thing personal away, that is public information anyone can get it. If you are going to post things about us, everyone knows who we are here in this forum, why should you sit and post behind a screen name ? i think its only fair that if your posting people should know who you are as well. public info, public info

Really, so you are in the habit of just showing anyone and everyone your customers (past, present and future) personal information when you state on your privacy policy "Our clients privacy is assured. Personal information will never be shared with another party, without prior written permission, or unless required by law."

I think you just shared my personal information without permission, as I said anyone can whois. Anyone can also view a public message board and harass the heck out of someone via that personal information you posted.

No not at all you called me out on this forum . I am showing everyone that your domian was due for renewal 24 hours or less ago, i pulled the whois info and posted it. If you were so concerned about anything you should have not posted, if someone calls me out i will defend myself. is this thread going to keep going? or are we done? I didnt post anything anyone couldnt have gotten. Honestly this could have been handled alot better then this, emailing me back and working thru this, instead you find a negative post and open it up with info agianst us and dont say who you are . i think if your ready to acuse a reputable host you should also be willing to see them defend themselves too. Like i said youve made your choice and dont want our help, i wish you luck in the future,

Actually, you wont hear another word from me, my attorney on the other hand just might.

May as well just delete the privacy policy.

I also notice how you kept calling the op out wanting email headers. Funny how you have not responded as they have been posted since December.
    Starts November 5th!

What I find amusing is he thinks he called me out when all he really did was show that he is willing to violate the privacy policy. Yes that information can be accessed by anyone who does a whois search, the privacy policy excludes him from giving away my personal information without my written permission or the law. I did not give permission for my full name, phone number or address to just be tossed about for Identity Theft or worse nor do I see the law here asking for it. Had just my domain name and perhaps my first name been given I would not care, this was just a spiteful action in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by MystedVeil
    Actually, you wont hear another word from me, my attorney on the other hand just might.
    If you have spoken to your attorney and they have suggested you have a case for suing them then I suggest you get a new attorney that knows what they are talking about.

You really are wasting your time chasing this one.

Most privacy policies, including theres, cover only private data collected by them on you such as your credit card and bank information, it is not however inclusive, and never has been, of any data that is publicly accessible and in the public domain such as whois information.

If you want to chase this guy down then get yourself an attorney, that knows what they are doing and talking about, and do it with something you stand a chance of wining with
    Host to avoid at all costs - Real Web Host

Mouse potato - The online generations version of a couch potato

I did not say I was suing but I certainly was going to consult with an attorney to find out my legal discourse. Either way it doesn't matter. Done is done.

Quote Originally Posted by jmweb
    Looks their like membership has lapsed though.
    SHAW NETWORKS Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans 24/7/365 Live Technical Support
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

yes it has and we are resubmitting to get it renewed. This bbb was from the old owner. dave b the headers werent responded to becasue they arent real headers, it has no info, i can take an email from any aol customer and add a aol email address in it, he didnt post his info etc, who is he ? i think your chasing a dead topic my friend

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast