Thread: FedEx Question?

FedEx Question?

I ordered a camera, and it's shipping with FedEx. I chose 2Day Shipping, but is it possible for it to get here earlier?
    I mean, it's a 4 hour drive here from Here, to New Jersey (Where it's coming from).
    I don't see why it would take any longer! If I can go to their store AND BACK TO NY in 7 hours, I don't see any reason for the 2day

Is it possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Roflcopterrr
    I ordered a camera, and it's shipping with FedEx. I chose 2Day Shipping, but is it possible for it to get here earlier?
    I mean, it's a 4 hour drive here from Here, to New Jersey (Where it's coming from).
    I don't see why it would take any longer! If I can go to their store AND BACK TO NY in 7 hours, I don't see any reason for the 2day

Is it possible?
    Yup - it's possible, but have seen more and more where the carriers stick to what you paid for. Used to have a shop just outside of Orlando (about 2 hours from me) that I would order hardware from. I always paid for ground shipping, as it would be here next day. No more, if I pay for ground, I usually get it 2-3 days later.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

By the way, it shipped out yesterday morning.

Not me. I usually buy things from buy.com and i always choose free (most of the time it is free) ground shipping (5-7 days) and i usually get my item in two days. It is only a 7 hour drive from Chicago (warehouse) to Minneapolis. But the way companies get you is that. They ship your item a few days after a couple of days after you order. When you add the days up it comes close to 5 days. Amazon does to me all the time. I buy from them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by mohamoud
    Amazon does to me all the time. I buy from them anymore.
    Is that with actual Amazon items or people selling through Amazon?
    Caro.Net: Support is everything
    Offering High Quality Dedicated Servers.

Shipping is done by zones usually.

FedEx could possibly deliver early but they usually don't unless you already have something else coming. Then they'll bring them both.

usually if something is shipped 2 day the item will sit in either a sorting warehouse or at the local facility.

if you know the exact facility that delivers to your address you could possibly pick it up early.
    Show your reciprocal links on your website. eReferrer

Last week I shipped a package out via UPS - paid for the 3-4 day delivery and it arrived in two days. I was surprised since it was Christmas.

Chances are though that once you have ordered it it cannot be changed. Sometimes calling Fed-Ex will provide some more answers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CaroNet-Hesham
    Is that with actual Amazon items or people selling through Amazon?
    I am sure they were amazon items. But i found that items that come from people that sell through amazon come faster.