RegisterFly fails to renew. What now?

I've been browsing through the forums and see that i'm not the only one with this problem. Now I cant even renew the domains that's already registered with RF and not enom or any of the other previous registrars. When I renew I get an error message that the domain can't renew since its already in the RF account.

While I'm typing this I'm trying to get in touch with RF via the magnificent live chat (which finally has opened again if I may add). I've been waiting for half an hour and still no response, but didn't honesly expect one.

I've lost about 13 domains now on registerfly since they could not renew and I don't know what to do. The good thing is that the old domains wasn't of any value of mine, just some I had just in case. But still, it's not how it's supposed to be. It's funny that ICANN or whoever is in charge doesn't do anything about it.

So I guess thats it for RF. I don't have that many domains now, about 30-35, and I need to find a new home for them. I have 9 domains that's very important to me, and not sure where to transfer them to. I've looked at godaddy, but after reading up their TOS i'm not so sure that I want to trust anything to them. Register.com is too expensive for me since I'm not making any money on the site. I've also looked at eNom, but don't have the $1500 to open up an account.

Which reminds me... I've seen some threads where people give away eNom accounts. Does this mean that I'm just a reseller of them and they have access to my account? So its a potential risk that the one I get the account from can take my domains? Or if something goes wrong with that guy and he gets suspended for some reason, wouldn't this happen to me too? If yes, that's also out of the question...

I really don't need any extra features or services a lot of the registrar has. I only need to set the domains to my nameservers and the possibility to renew without having to pray to god that it will renew. Whois records privacy is not a must, but could be of good use.

Any other suggestions? I remember years ago a registrar called Joker.com was big in the game. I see they are still up and running. Anyone have any experience with them?

Fabulous (Wholesale) would suite you well at $6.75.
    Signature Under Construction.

As you probably already noticed - I'm having the same problem. I have called Registerfly about 30 times. I keep them on the phone for anything up to 2 hours. They get really frustrated and keep telling me that our domain will be renewed in 24 hours - it never does get renewed.

The people who are on the help desk at RF are all parrots, they keep saying the same phrase over and over again. I generally wait for anything up to an hour before I can speak to someone - thank god for VOIP

But what else can I do? I need my domain. I have to do something so I just keep calling. Once they put the phone down on me I just call again - 8 hours a day I work on getting our domain up and running again. In the mean time I send them emails.

I will go home now but tomorrow I will start all over again. On my way home i will visit the gym and pound away at a punching bag to get my head in shape for another day on the phone again with RF and eNom again tomorrow.

Kerry Whitfield
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Bolarius
    So I guess thats it for RF. I don't have that many domains now, about 30-35, and I need to find a new home for them. I have 9 domains that's very important to me, and not sure where to transfer them to. I've looked at godaddy, but after reading up their TOS i'm not so sure that I want to trust anything to them. Register.com is too expensive for me since I'm not making any money on the site. I've also looked at eNom, but don't have the $1500 to open up an account.

the old registerfly registrar was enom, so those domains are probably under enom.

you can create a retail enom account here:

http://www.namepros.com/enomsignup.php

then transfer the names.

Thank you for all your replies. =)

@CD Burnt
    Thanks for the link. Was just wondering about two things:

1) Why does the reseller option have more expensive domains when you have to deposit $100 first? It's not a big difference, but would be most likely that it was the other way around.

2) Is this namepro a part of eNom? Just don't want to be so far down in the "pyramid" and rely on so many parts. I.eg if namepro is just a reseller of enom and for some reason get suspended, we would probably loose all our domains as well... Or if they get bought up or some other shady thing happens, as i understand it, they have full access to our account, just as we would if we created a reseller account and created subaccounts.

It used to be that enom would pick up the pieces once a domain went into expiry with registerfly.... but now registerfly is the actual registrar of some of my domains and they dont seem able/willing/keen to renew them (like u guys... the domain is there in the system but renewal fails everytime, and support just waste time and promise you all sorts of stuff that never eventuates).
    5 days till it goes into extended redemption, and enom cant save me this time.
    So what now?

can you unlock it initiate a transfer to another registrar?

can you unlock it initiate a transfer to another registrar?
    no -
    u must begin a transfer before 7-10 days of the expiry date.

If I had known that regfly would F&*ck me around like this (I should have from past experience) I would have transfered domain instead of renewing it as I had the time to do so... but they have dragged me into the 'no option' period now. ie: they have me by my balls.

PLEASE NOTE EVERONE...
    ITS OFTEN CHEAPER TO TRANSFER YOUR DOMAIN TO ANOTHER REGISTRAR (with bonus free year added on) THAN IT IS TO RENEW IT WITH REGISTERFLY !!!!!!
    - that is unless you use the regfly special discounts... but I am finding these specials to be a joke as I rarely ever manage to get ANYTHING done when they have a special on.... their renewal/purchase systems always buggering up or the website timing out.

Just a thought... does anybody have media contacts in New Jersey ?

I wonder what would happen if a current affairs / investigative reporter actually fronted up at their offices with a camera crew and demanded to see the CEO about their shonky business practices.

I have contacts in my country... I will find out if anyone knows someone over there.

Quote Originally Posted by crdr
    no -
    u must begin a transfer before 7-10 days of the expiry date.

1) where did you read that?

2) so you haven't tried?

an enom-to-enom transfer might be smoothest

1) where did you read that?
    2) so you haven't tried?
    an enom-to-enom transfer might be smoothest
    1) TOC /TOS for most regitrars is that you cannot transfer because the transfer once intiated takes a minimum of 5 days.... and by the time the original registrar gets the request from the new registrar, the domain has expired.

2) havnt tried (not this close out from expiry) because I know what will happen... the transfer will fail and Ill be out of pocket or having to deal with refund screw around.

No this domain hasnt got enom as the registrar... its RF unfortunately.
    Ive been saved by enom in the past by transfering within the expired grace period, but cant use that safety net this time around.

I suggest anyone who has problems with registerfly contact their states attorney general. If enough complaints get filed and enough big wigs take notice something will be done.