bad experience with Webxites

Hi,

I was contacted by a search engine telemarketer WebXites. They offered me a 14 day risk free trial. I decided I didnt like the services they offered, and tried to cancel. I misunderstood a couple things and they were more than happy to keep me in the dark. To make a long story short, I found myself outside the 14 day trial, and a 2k charge on my card. When I tried to reason with them, I was faced with their 'aggressive client service' and a bad service agreement (in my opinion).

I did some research online and I found their BBB report stating 201 complaints in the last 36 months, as well as a lawsuit by the Missouri Attorney General against WebXites.

So, I'm curious if anyone else out there has had dealings or misdealings with them. There was another post on this board about webxites (a while ago), but I'm wondering, since then has anyone else dealt with them.

Thanks,
    James

Well I think uts great you've aired it out, at least no one will have no more bad experiences when they read this.

What do they do as a site?

Well, WebXites does web design and search engine marketing. The mock-up they provided looked nice. Still cookie-cutter, but looked professional. They were a bit shady on details on the search engine marketing aspect. Most semi-tech literate people would probably do the overture/adwords themselves. But still, their services seem in the realm of reasonability.

The key thing to be aware of is that their 14-day contract is a sink hole. The only thing they give you in 14 days is a proposal and a mock-up website. They are very agressive and want to continually keep trying ideas to get your business. However, they separate billing from production. The contract is time senstive and billing is automatic. Production of course, is more lax, and requires customer approval. You have to be 100% aware of the calendar.

For me they didn't deliver in time. When I tried to cancel, they said my 14-day trial was extended. It made sense at the time, but in retrospect, I realize: What was I trying? Then when I finally got back to them, I was outside the trial (adjusted day 15). I talked to my rep for over an hour, and he kept trying to keep me. He tried to go over my head and talk to my boss (and also have his boss talk to my boss...). The whole time we were talking about the product and production--- he swept the entire billing issue under the rug. I didn't realize I was billed until I saw the charge on my credit card.

I have a consumer mentality. Its always money in exchange for services. Approving a deal means the whole deal - payment for services.

In short, you don't get to try anything in the 14-day trial period. You are just waiting for them to send you a mock up. But, to get there, you have to authorize them to automatically bill you at some later time. And that is dangerous.

James