Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @ GlobalWebDan.

I see you've changed the site design. Still too crowded in my opinion.
      0 Not allowed!

For the love of God, what does "too crowded" mean? You're not providing examples, and this is only serving to discredit what you're saying. Please explain what you mean.
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress • Joomla • OpenCart • Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com
      0 Not allowed!

Some suggestions, redo your website that menu isn't visible enough and those $30+ plans are ok but you also need to add cheaper plans that could help you get entry level resellers since that's the core of your business.

Check out WHT for good (unique) templates and start from there.
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed hosting solutions / AS63447
    Web Hosting, VPS Hosting, Dedicated Servers
      0 Not allowed!

Ok..

Your plans, they need to go.. Not everybody needs 25gb storage with the budget of $30. You need to be able to target the little guys too. Your plans don't capture enough of the hosting audience. This is in my opinion your main downfall...

Offer some lower spec plans, with lower prices.. e.g. $6pm. They will soon add up...

Also, saying you offer "99999" of X, is not a good idea. It may appear you are desperate to sell, and or are over selling. I know a lot of hosts do, but the way you are displaying information gives the impression that you are over-doing it (whether that is the case or not, is another discussion)...

Secondly, your site design. Basically, it is ugly.. but doesn't explain why you've "hit a wall" in sales. Redesign it.. Make things are more clearer and offer more information. When someone is going to buy something, the one thing they do is research and enjoy reading about what they are going to buy, before buying it. So give your potential customers more information.

Ensure your website is optimized for search engines. Google does bring in a good amount of sales. The most basic SEO will suffice for a few sign ups per month at least.

Thirdly, cut down on marketing. I have found that after having a good site design, provide sufficient information, listen to feedback and act upon it, is also a great way to have your sales work for itself.

People keep mentioning the site - yes it is ugly, but it is not the only deciding factor. Building a trust and engaging with a potential customer is a great selling point. Obviously, I'm not going to divulge into business secrets and tell you how to do it, but you must find your own unique way. I've found that even with an ugly site, you can sell pretty easily.

Ensure you have given your customers a reason to recommend you. Affiliate programs are well, but also think about a way of satisfying customers so much, that they want to recommend you without anything in return. Again, this is for you to find out and conduct.

Fourthly, give a reason for your customers to sign up. I see nothing to distinguish you from other companies. This is something I realised a while ago. By having something, no other company can offer you can significantly boost your sales. We have reached the stage where customers are literally begging us to take them on (we turn away risky orders)...

Lastly, a business plan does not need to be comprehensive. You need to understand what your goals & objectives are, and thoroughly research whether or not those goals & objectives are actually viable. If they are, pursue them and stick to them! Take into considerations your budgets and plan well ahead in the future..

Good luck!!!!
    Last edited by rv_irl; 12-28-2006 at 02:51 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Dan you should make a custom site and do not use the turnkey stores. I have visited like 5 times your site and I have seen 3 different turnkey designs.

I think everyone knows that you use the turnkey program. Also, your plans do not seem realistic - you cannot offer 25gig for 30$, while they can get it from the same source for much much less (or much less from a big guy with more specs).

I would pay 30$ for your plan if you could offer addon value like free seo, domains, additional backups, consultation, print design etc.

Are you targetting the high end client base? Then the price is fine, but with a little research they will find you are offering budget hosting.

I also do use turnkey reseller stores for some brands I own - not bad thing but you should aim to a target that knows nothing about hosting, they will just see your site and signup!

Good luck!
      0 Not allowed!

Honestly, I appreciate all the help, but you guys are way off-target. I changed the plan prices and configurations last night to go after different clients with this brand. My free/budget hosting brand exists for everyone else. Again, thanks for the help, but this thread is getting nowhere.
      0 Not allowed!

There have been many, many helpful posts in this thread. Unfortunately the whole way through you have chosen not to listen.

I will use the "crowded website" as an example. You were told the website was too crowded, and you slammed the poster saying that this tells you nothing and that you need details. If this were true and you had no clue what the poster was saying, I suggest getting out of the business and go to mickey ds. Honestly I do not believe that to be the case and that you do understand what was said, you just choose to go on the defensive instead of following the great advice given.
    Technical Advisor for new A&E Series The Killing Season
    There are no random acts of violence
    Starts November 5th!
      0 Not allowed!

I was looking for advice from experienced, successful Web hosting managers. I didn't really get any, so I have requested that the thread be closed I am sorry if this offends you, but that's just the way it is.
      0 Not allowed!

"getting nowhere" yeah! what do those guys know, anyway?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by GlobalWebDan
    I was looking for advice from experienced, successful Web hosting managers. I didn't really get any, so I have requested that the thread be closed I am sorry if this offends you, but that's just the way it is.
    I think you're forgetting who started this thread...
      0 Not allowed!

You just choose not to listen. You should be writing this all down. You have to remember, we are customers as well. These forums are so great because people will be the customers for you, and give you their thoughts and experiences..
      0 Not allowed!

successful is relative

Poll: how many here are maxing credit cards to stay afloat. I consider those that are not maxed relatively successful as compared to 1 that we know is.
    Starts November 5th!
      0 Not allowed!

I'm not maxed, or even close to being maxed out. I set aside a certain amount of money from the start. I have not even used all of that, and I'm starting to pay myself back.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PE-Steve
    I think you're forgetting who started this thread...
    Dumbbell, I started the thread. And therefore, I am requesting it be closed. (It works that way, creepy isn't it?)
      0 Not allowed!

Dumbbell, I started the thread. And therefore, I am requesting it be closed. (It works that way, creepy isn't it?)
    Yes, it was actually a metaphor.

You're stating that the hosts/people giving you answers in this thread aren't the "successful" ones, yet you're the one that created the thread about your company failing and having your credit cards maxed out, etc.
      0 Not allowed!

....and your point is??? I am not too successful at the current moment, I can see that. Hence, the reason why I wanted successful hosts to reply. In my mind anyway, that makes perfect sense.

I am finding this thread is a big waste of my time, too, so this is the last post I am making in it.
      0 Not allowed!

I think if you're failing you should take any advice you can get....
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by michaely
    I think if you're failing you should take any advice you can get....
    I agree, it's also a sign of Dan's bad character. There have been many replies from successful people/companies in the hosting industry, he has chosen not to listen. His business deserves to fail.
      0 Not allowed!

I think folks are spinning your wheels with this guy. Potential helpers should walk away atleast knowing the potential clients have been warned by him personally that he is ready to close shop so it would be advised to keep looking.

I can't think of a better warning then the owners own words.
    Starts November 5th!
      0 Not allowed!

I don't think anyone should buy hosting from him if this is the attitude he's going to give. I would love to see some support tickets with a new client, does he get upset and just say he's not posting anymore, and that he's closing the ticket?

Anyways, this is enough for me. It just shows some people's level of maturity. I'm not posting anymore.

*note* - site design is terrible, and it's not even funny how much you are overselling.
      0 Not allowed!

As others have mentioned, you seek for advice but you have refused ALL replies, opinions and advices - you have chosen not to listen.
      0 Not allowed!

One suggestion Dan is that when I go to your order page it does not use SSL. You are asking for personal information and you ask for some preliminary Visa info. Most people who are capable Internet shoppers would not fill that form out with the security lock in their browser.

There is a market for high end hosting, but you need to find the customers and learn how to sell to them. There is no sense in advertising to budget conscious visitors when you are a high end host.

You also need to service like a high end host if you plan on being one. Phone support, quick responses, etc....all go hand in hand with high end services.
    Mike Johnson - thehostinglist.com
    Reviews of the world's top web hosting providers
    Check our reviews at thehostinglist.com before you buy your web hosting package!
      0 Not allowed!

Well, that's pretty insulting to call everyone that has replied to this post as unsuccessful. Last time I checked, my company was and is pretty successful..
    You're expecting some kind of magic to come along and say one thing that will change everything. No company is going to come here and give away business secrets to you, and I doubt any company is going to come here and help out a competitor.

So here is some advice: Close up and exit the industry.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PE-Steve
    Don't pay for marketing, let your customers do that for you. Give your customers a reason to recommend their friends, even if it means offering them free storage, free months on their services, etc. Help them so they can return the favor.

I agree 100% here. We have yet to spend a single cent on marketing unless you consider the service we provide our clients our marketing. We rely soley on word of mouth and to date it's worked fantastic.
      0 Not allowed!

Closed by OP request.
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design
      0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12