Arrow Advise Starting Webhosting - needed

Hi, i'm planning on settin up in the webhosting business, I just wanted some advise on where to hire the servers, and any tips/ideas that could help me.

Scott.

Find a niche market. Learn how to best serve the said market and work from there. If you don't have a niche, expect to close within 3-4 months or less.

Quote Originally Posted by layer0
    Find a niche market. Learn how to best serve the said market and work from there. If you don't have a niche, expect to close within 3-4 months or less.
    Thanks, I have lots of unique ideas that i'm putting into action.. Its not something I thought of yesturday it's been the plan for a while it's just that now I have enough capital to start up and keep me ahead for a few months. Thanks again!

I think this thread should be moved to the "Running a Web Hosting Business" forum. Check the tutorials in that section, you will find an answer to your questions there.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeWalczak
    I think this thread should be moved to the "Running a Web Hosting Business" forum. Check the tutorials in that section, you will find an answer to your questions there.
    Thanks, yeah sorry I just signed up to this forum should have checked.

My best tip would be to define your target market and exactly how you plan to reach them --- before starting up. I, and many others, have made the mistake of not doing this, and it comes back and bites you! I was able to overcome it with my company, but some folks are not so lucky. So definitely do your research, and know what you're going to do before diving in. Good luck! Some say the hosting market is oversaturated, but it is still a land of opportunity for those with a bit of intelligence and a niche focus.
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress Joomla OpenCart Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

I gotta agree. Read, study, learn and then do it all again before you start. You can never be too prepared!

I d say , find your ninch , shared or reseller, then check your bank account to make sure your able to spends thousands a month on ads and banners across the web to get some cash flow to dump back into the business

Quote Originally Posted by webuyhosts
    check your bank account to make sure your able to spends thousands a month on ads and banners across the web to get some cash flow to dump back into the business
    If you're running a smart business, you don't need thousands of dollars a month for marketing.
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress Joomla OpenCart Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

Forget advertising and marketing. Find out what other hosts aren't providing - usually good support for developers - and then work on growing loyalty and word of mouth. Sponsor developer forums and specialize in a particular area. Also make sure you choose a good control panel if you are doing shared hosting.

I completely agree with Ultima. Dedicate yourself to special niches and needs, and you won't need to spend much money on advertisements.
    Around two decades of web marketing experience & millions of visitors.
    NunoAlex.com explains my expertise & how I can help you.
    Contact me!

Hi, thanks for all the help and support, my "idea" that other web hosting companies do not offer is to have online programs i.e. web building (dreamweaver) banner building etc that users can try out for free for a limited time then they need to sign up for the web hosting which will be cheaper than lots of other companies... Also i'm purchasing 100 sites next week and aiming to build up 1 by 1 to help people make their sites i.e. give advise on how to use php, sql etc they will all be linked together through a master site which will show all my work through a slideshow. Anyone have any other thoughts or ideas on the matter?