Post Looking for a PHP5/MySQL5 host.

We have a small (2000-3000 users currently) website we've written for a community of users to send messages to eachother, save eachother to buddy lists, and keep notes about eachother.

We have just finished a major update to the site with many new features and taken advantage of PHP5 and MySQL5 to do so, but our current host only supports PHP4 and MySQL4.

We are willing to spend up to $75 a month on hosting. We're looking for shared hosting, not dedicated.

Other than PHP5/MySQL5 the only other requirement is that we can use cron to schedule tasks.

Does anyone have any reccomendations for a reliable, helpful service that meets our requirements?

Thanks very much in advance.

-MMLLC

Do you have any space/bandwidth requirements and how many users are normally online in a 15 minute interval?

Quote Originally Posted by Orien Wu
    Do you have any space/bandwidth requirements and how many users are normally online in a 15 minute interval?
    There are no strict space requirements. It will take a while for our database to grow to a substantial size, so if we had 10-20GB+ we would be fine for a while.

Currently at our peak of peaks we can see around 75 people online at once, but like I mentioned, this is peak, and doesn't happen often.

I am unable to send you a private message (it says I do not have access). Would you mind either sending me a private message with your reccomendations or posting them here?

Thanks in advance.

They can't because you need to write at least 5 message in order of send or receive PMs.

About your site, 75 users at the same time, is average? or peak?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito
    About your site, 75 users at the same time, is average? or peak?
    Currently at our peak of peaks we can see around 75 people online at once, but like I mentioned, this is peak, and doesn't happen often.
    Should answer your question.
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Yep, stupid me
    Thanks for pointing me that.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Yes, like layer0 indicated, 75 is our current peak

Any suggestions for a good host?