Thumbs down Openreaction.com BAH!

Well I got a server from them which I ran a shoutcast server from an so on. But then came the problem of using other ports. I couldn't use 6667-7000 or the ircd link up ports. According to their services its ok to use these ports. Wrong. Instead the server would shutdown unexpectedly after 59 seconds. What the hell is that? Now I've been calling him... because I believe it's some guys 1866 number that goes to his cell phone. Thats quite handy. Also on the site for support it emails you to your email address and instead of theirs, so you get your own message that you sent them back. Now they just billed me this month yet again. This time it's a stop payment in the face.

Signed up for a 10mbit unmetered plan got smacked with a load of problems. You can't get through to them it's like calling webhostplus and expecting something to work.

Not to mention none of the gaming ports worked.

Quote Originally Posted by T-4-K
    Well I got a server from them which I ran a shoutcast server from an so on. But then came the problem of using other ports. I couldn't use 6667-7000 or the ircd link up ports. According to their services its ok to use these ports. Wrong. Instead the server would shutdown unexpectedly after 59 seconds. What the hell is that? Now I've been calling him... because I believe it's some guys 1866 number that goes to his cell phone. Thats quite handy. Also on the site for support it emails you to your email address and instead of theirs, so you get your own message that you sent them back. Now they just billed me this month yet again. This time it's a stop payment in the face.

Signed up for a 10mbit unmetered plan got smacked with a load of problems. You can't get through to them it's like calling webhostplus and expecting something to work.

Not to mention none of the gaming ports worked.
    You may have a software firewall installed blocking the ports.

Maybe they just send you an extra copy of the support email. And also, check your firewall.

For the record there is no firewall installed.

Iptables is normally on by default, have you tried "service iptables stop"?

T-4-K,

This is the first I have heard of these issues. I will gladly look into all of them for you if you provide me with what server you are running on or your account infomation via pm. As for the server shutting down after 59 seconds that would depend on what os you are running. On the windows servers you need to make sure updates are turned on and that SP1 has been installed or you will (still) get the blaster worm. Our toll free number goes to our pbx and should route your call to our on duty tech. If you are having issues with this please let me know what they are and I will look into them. Please send your support requests to support@openreaction.com from now on and I assure you it will be taken care of promptly.

Thanks
    Matt Armour
    OpenReaction