need suggestions from IT security guys

Hello All,

Its been a while since I posted here. I have a question for some of you IT guys who are into IT Secruity and thought this would be a good place to get some suggestions. I am looking have been getting my feet wet with some basic network security and am looking in to surfing the web more anonomously. I have started to use "TOR" however I was wondering if anyone knows another possibly better webserver proxy type system that allows more anonomous web surfing??

I am open to hearing about paid and open source web proxy services that are reliable/professionally setup and secure. Any suggestions?

Note: I now it is impossible to be 100% anonomous when surfing the internet but I am just looking to further my knowledge of services out their and keep raise my level of privacy at the same time as I further my education into the world of IT Secruity

Thanks All

PS Happy Holidays

Just to point out something about nomenclature: systems like tor do not improve security (if anything, they reduce it), they improve privacy--security and privacy are different things.

I guess I am looking for more anonomous web surfing in terms of masking my true destination and starting location which is what I like about TOR. How ever like stated in my first pose I am wonder what else is out their that is decent. I know I could do a google search but thought I would ask others here who may have similar programs they use for a similar purpose.

Try "CGIProxy" , its an opensource application and comparitively easy to configure. www.jmarshall.com/tools/cgiproxy/

What don't you like about tor?

It's easy to use: it uses SOCKS, which makes it easy to use with existing network applications with minimal modification. It's completely open-source: you can be reasonably sure that there are no backdoors, and security faults are fixed quickly. It also has financial support from the EFF and the US Navy: it's not going away anytime soon. Don't think any alternative you find will have all these things going for it.

Well I do like Tor, I am just looking to expand my knowledge on any other possible similar programs out their that may be better. I am just looking to further my knowledge of whats out their.