Linux Server Help

I have an account that I want to stop resolving to the server. I know I can go to the root WHM and remove DNS entry on the domain and it will stop resolving to the server. But the problem with doing it this way, is it also removes it from list accounts, and I do not know how to get it back. If this is the best way, can someone explain on how to get the domain back into list accounts and DNS added back to the account.

Is there another way of doing this, using ssh or ???

Thanks.
    Merry Christmas.
    Pam

* Moved to Technical and Security Issues....

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

Just want to ask why you want to do that? Any special purpose or reasons?
    tanfwc
    Singapore Managed Colocation
    Singapore BGP Announcement

I believe that I have an account that is causing problems with the server and I really do not want to go into the problems, but I want to remove the DNS temporarily to see if this resolves the issues that I am having with the server.

Thanks,
    Pam

Smile

I am not cpanel or whm expert as I have never touched them. You can login to sshd and simply make named not to load the dns zone for the domain that you do not want to resolve ~

Not sure how cpanel setup dns, you may probably want to look at /etc/named.conf

If you have an account causing issue, why not just suspend it immidately?
    Changing DNS does not take effect immidately because people may still have the DNS cached and able to access the web site

The site is suspended, but it looks like it is still causing problems. I would like to attempt this, to see if stops the problems that I am seeing. And if it doesnt stop the problems, I need to know how to readd the DNS to this domain and to keep it in list accounts in my WHM.

Thanks,
    Pam

Rather than removing the dns entry, you could simply point the A record for the www. and @ to 127.0.0.1

Might be a good workaround there.

Thank you for your advice. I tried this, and it appears to be working.

Merry Christmas!

Pam