emergency emails getting in quicker

I have great monitoring program for downtime. Unfortunately me included I check my e-mails every half an hour or an hour, and quiet honestly when server goes down, or even when it is overloading, I went it to be in my face. Whether it is a bot that leaves me a message on my msn messenger or a big message appears on my screen when I receive an e-mail to my emergency account. Whatever they case is, does anyone has any suggestions how can I get messages from my emergency account to reach me immediately?

Take a look at www.pingdom.com. They had a new years offer a couple days ago (may have ended) and it sends you an email should there be downtime. It even sends notifications via sms to your cellphone. This is what I'm using right now and it's absolutely the best!
    ServerTag Technologies - Everything you need for hosting activity
    A Canadian company providing top notch site hosting, servers and colocation services

I'm actually not looking for a new monitoring company. I'm just looking for to take my emrgency email account and make sure that it apears on my screen the moment I get a new email there. not to be confused I really do apprecaite the suggestion.

I think that ePrompter would be your best bet. Its my secret for responding to e-mail's so quickly . A little message pops-up in the bottom, right hand corner of your screen and lets you know which e-mail address it was sent too, and displays the subject line as well (depending on how you set it up of course ).

Or..login into MSN messenger and get Alertra alerts or something and you get alerted but ^ is your best bet( trophimus)

www.wattproxy.info

Quote Originally Posted by repoman
    but ^ is your best bet( trophimus)
    Yes... I am the best bet .

That would have been a waste of life if I came all of the way back here to post that. Anyways, take a look at the GMail Notifyer as well. If I'm not mistaken, it works with all other e-mail accounts as well. However, I may be wrong.

Heh, ePrompter doesn't support IMAP.

Just use thunderbird and set up your email accounts to check every 2 minutes or so. You can get an extension to minimize thunderbird to the tray to make sure it doesn't take up too much space. It also support imap!
    The most effective way to host your site

We have been using HyperSpin for a couple of years. Most cell phone services have an email address to send a short message to - and that is what we use to be notified.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Bryant
    We have been using HyperSpin for a couple of years. Most cell phone services have an email address to send a short message to - and that is what we use to be notified.
    HyperSpin. You had an extra [/url] tag in there and a missing bracket.

I just use Google Talk which notifies me of new emails through my Google Apps account.

Thanks - was out shovelling snow and the fingers had yet to warm up

thanks guys eprompt is great, I recommend that for every operation