Guaranteed Data Backup Services?

Hi Everyone,

Im looking for a company who can offer us a Guranteed offsite backup service with 100% reliability for our data as its extreamly important.

I am aware that its our own Responsability to ensure we have backups and we do keep local ones but i need a company who we can rely on to backup our data monthly which gurantee the data to be safe, secure and recoverable IF the worst should happen.

Thanks in advanced,

JakReloaded

How much data is there to back up? databases ? You probably looking for a completely managed solution with reporting.
    Datums Internet Solutions, LLC
    Systems Engineering & Managed Hosting Services
    Complex Hosting Consultants

Hi Datums,

Thanks for the (very quick) reply! Although i think you should be busy opening christmas presents .

We will be looking to backup a small 10/20Gb to start with and this shall increase to about 180+Gb over time. (Oh and yes databases will be there including emails tooo!)

Thanks,

JakReloaded

Good that you know you will be growing over 180GB over time, this will allow you to plan properly. As far as the guarantee, this would be something you can simply compare or get reports on. You probably want to make sure the data is in a diff datacenter / state maybe even coast.
    Datums Internet Solutions, LLC
    Systems Engineering & Managed Hosting Services
    Complex Hosting Consultants

I have not come across any backup solutions which could offer 100% reliability as things can fail and maybe because the solutions I have been looking at are low cost solutions.

Perhaps, one solution might be to use 2 backup solutions from different service providers from different states or countries. The likelihood of both failing at the same time would inevitably be slim. You may want to also consider a local backup solution as an additional backup together with the remote ones, ie a secondary harddisk or NAS.
    http://www.batchimage.com - Offering Batch Image Processing and TIFF/PDF Software Solutions

I've never heard of any backup company offering 100% anything.

But these guys have a great backend (according to their employees I spoke with) and they do work great for me.

http://bqbackup.com/
    Show your reciprocal links on your website. eReferrer

FYI if you want to see more about how they operate here's another thread here:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=571535
    Show your reciprocal links on your website. eReferrer

Well, here's the thing. Let's say you find a gauranteed online backup provider and something happens and you can't restore. What good will that gaurantee do? Get you your monthly fees back at most. My point being it's a false sense of security. Find someone that's reliable and stable and if you're paying extra for that gaurantee find out what it exactly covers and to what extent.