Dediwebhost Down?

3 servers I have there lost connection ... and it seems their site is down too

it was up for 1 min while i am making this topic, guess they are working on it ..

anyone?

I am having the same issue on 2 of my servers. Been five minutes already for me.

Only one server but same problem.

Yep--they are definitely down.

Patrick, I know you're going to read this, so I'll say this publicly:
    This horrible network setup that you have going is getting on my nerves. It is ******** that every few days there is some sort of a network issue. If you don't fix it, I'll take myself and my 10 servers to another company.

13:34:32 EST was the first outage that PSM picked up in case anyone wants to know for when they contact them for SLA credits.

14:09:53 EST Server resumed proper functionality

back up for me now.

All,

We apologize for this outage as there was a massive DDoS of several Gbps attacking our network.

What we are trying to do is to try to mitigate the attack as much as possible.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick H
    Yep--they are definitely down.

Patrick, I know you're going to read this, so I'll say this publicly:
    This horrible network setup that you have going is getting on my nerves. It is ******** that every few days there is some sort of a network issue. If you don't fix it, I'll take myself and my 10 servers to another company.

Nick,

There is nothing wrong with our network setup. Any provider, if received a large enough DDoS attack will definitely experience latency because it floods the entire network with useless packets.

All we can do is to react as fast as possible and mitigate the issue.

Again, we apologize for this attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Dediwebhost.com
    Nick,

There is nothing wrong with our network setup. Any provider, if received a large enough DDoS attack will definitely experience latency because it floods the entire network with useless packets.

All we can do is to react as fast as possible and mitigate the issue.

Again, we apologize for this attack.
    Apologize all you want Patrick...it's not going to change the fact that you guys are constantly having issues either with someone DDoS'ing you or with the network in general. It gets irritating having to drop whatever I'm doing because I can't get to my server...or answer calls from customers wanting to know why it's down.

Apologize all you want Patrick...it's not going to change the fact that you guys are constantly having issues either with someone DDoS'ing you or with the network in general. It gets irritating having to drop whatever I'm doing because I can't get to my server...or answer calls from customers wanting to know why it's down.
    Nick,

DDoS attacks isn't something anyone provider wants and you too must understand our pain when an attack happens. We too get irate emails from customers just like you wanting an explanation and why it has happened. Some just want to vent their anger at us and we accept it as best as we can.

We are not shying away from the fact that there was a DoS attack and that we were down for a significant amount of time. At the very least, we are here explaining to the customers what is going on and that we are mitigating the situation, even on Christmas Eve and I know you too have better things to do than to entertain your disgruntled customers during this festive season.

Happy Holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by Dediwebhost.com
    Nick,

DDoS attacks isn't something anyone provider wants and you too must understand our pain when an attack happens. We too get irate emails from customers just like you wanting an explanation and why it has happened. Some just want to vent their anger at us and we accept it as best as we can.

We are not shying away from the fact that there was a DoS attack and that we were down for a significant amount of time. At the very least, we are here explaining to the customers what is going on and that we are mitigating the situation, even on Christmas Eve and I know you too have better things to do than to entertain your disgruntled customers during this festive season.

Happy Holidays.
    When I was with LayeredTech, I never had these kinds of issues. Why am I having them with you?

Nick,

If you were happy with LT then why did you move?

(This is just for my own interest, not trying to flame you, as you may think)

Mini

When I was with LayeredTech, I never had these kinds of issues. Why am I having them with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Mini
    Nick,

If you were happy with LT then why did you move?

(This is just for my own interest, not trying to flame you, as you may think)

Mini
    I was happy with LT's solid network, NOT their declining level of service.

Nick,

Unfortunately we have no answer as to why we got hit with the DDoS attacks but I am pretty sure that a number of providers have gotten hit over the years they have been in business. It could be our type of customers, it could be our recent few good reviews on WHT or it could even be a random hit and run.

What we are certain is that we have unplugged the customer in question pending an investigation into why that server was hit with such as large attack.

Thank you and Happy Holidays.

LayeredTech have had DDoS attacks launched towards them in the past, but it didn't affect their whole datacenter, it only affected the hosts on the same pipe or CSR.

So my guess is that DWH has just got one CSR to serve all their hosts, whereas LT have 6 or so in their Savvis facility.

Mini