Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I think you are the one misunderstanding what I'm trying to say.
    It doesn't matter if you have a brand new car that is working perfectly, unless have the key to start the engine. Hotwire'ing will just give you more problems than solutions.
    When WHMreseller isn't working as it should, especially the "blank" page and the IP problem, then litterly the "seller" has downtime, since all new signups for reseller accounts will be put on hold.

Don't get me wrong here, I totally love the concept of WHMreseller. It gives people like me, who has little knowledge of running a dedicated or VPS box the ability to widen our horizon. =)

Its just that me, as a client of a WHMreseller host, gets a little frustrated when its has 1 week of continuous blank pages when trying to access the control panel, then when I can access the control panel, I cannot create any accounts cause there is no IP's to choose from, then another week goes by with the blank page reappearing.
    I'm sorry bjdea1, I'm just a frustrated end of the line customer who just wants it all to work.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by bjdea1
    I would just like to say we strongly recommend against people installing version 1.3. It is much better for new clients to install the latest release. The bug that I am fixing now is not serious and WHMreseller will still function fully for 98% of your clients. As soon as this bug is fixed in the next few hours ALL V2 installations will be auto-updated and that will be the end of the bug once and for all. So we recommend users to install V2 (latest current release) ONLY, V1.3 will NOT upgrade to V2.
    This is good news. Crossing my fingers what all the problems will go away this time
      0 Not allowed!

Response

Ok the IP issue and the blank screen issue are solved now from our side. These bugs have been removed.

HOWEVER - the addon modules feature in cpanel itself seems it may have a bug in it - related to memory. We will consult cpanel.net about this. We have noticed that sometimes (rarely) a blank screen may still be returned on some more highly loaded servers. We've seen this ourselves on one of our own servers during a high load burst and a reboot solved the issue. We'll discuss this with cpanel.net.

Current Clients can do the following to patch their WHMreseller installations:

Login to server ssh as root user then run following commands:

cd /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/whmreseller/
    wget http://deasoft.com/whmr/update/subreseller-2.4.tar
    mv subreseller-2.4.tar subreseller.cgi
    chown root:root subreseller.cgi
    chmod 700 subreseller.cgi

That should do it

FOR NEW CLIENTS:
    Please download current release only: http://deasoft.com/WHMreseller-current.tar.gz
    Last edited by bjdea1; 01-07-2007 at 12:35 AM.
    Deasoft.com Aussie & USA VPS, Reseller & Shared Hosting + WHMreseller & DAreseller
    AutoBillMe.com - The Non-PHP Automated Billing Solution for Web Hosts
    WHMreseller - The first Alpha/Master Reseller Plugin for cPanel
    DAreseller - The first Alpha/Master Reseller Plugin for DirectAdmin
      0 Not allowed!

Follow Up

Danserv and RAH104 I have already updated your installations and you don't need to do anything.

Anyone who is unsure of doing the manual upgrade themselves then simply submit a support ticket to us and we'll do it for you.
    Deasoft.com Aussie & USA VPS, Reseller & Shared Hosting + WHMreseller & DAreseller
      0 Not allowed!

Oh! what a suprise! The software has completely gone t*ts up again!

Cost me another 5 valuable customers, this is beginning to worry me about is my business going to see March this year!

I'm reinstalling my software in an attempt that it will work. The one man support guy is failing to reply to tickets, yet again.

AVOID DEASOFT AT ALL COSTS! if you value your business!

Think i'm going to look into developing my own one, maybe one that works and is reliable, and maybe one that doesn't delete resellers every 5 seconds would be great! Anyone interested in helping contact me!

I also wonder if its worth filing a lawsuit against Deasoft?
      0 Not allowed!

danserv - I can feel your frustration.

bjdea1 - I sent you a PM this morning. Seems that changes to the limits are not being saved.
      0 Not allowed!

Response

This is getting very frustrating for us also. We are doing our best to solve the issues you're having, it does us no good seeing posts in these forums like the ones previously. I am unable to fix your installation right at this minute ( I can fix it in 2 hours time) but you can try doing this to solve the problem yourself:

Ssh into your server as root user

cd /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/whmreseller/
    wget http://deasoft.com/whmr/update/subreseller-2.4.tar
    mv subreseller-2.4.tar subreseller.cgi
    chown root:root subreseller.cgi
    chmod 700 subreseller.cgi

As it happens we have updated the software again since I updated your installations the other day. So hopefully the latest version solves your issue.
      0 Not allowed!

I don't like having to make these posts, but it's the only way to get it fixed! The fact that my business is on the verge of liquidation is driving me, and my customers insane!

I have done a full reinstall of WHMreseller, and it appears to be working at this moment in time
      0 Not allowed!

The new version only re-adds a previous problem.

The saving issue can be fixed by removing the master reseller rights then re-adding them.

bjdea1 - PM Sent.
      0 Not allowed!

Response

Quote Originally Posted by RAH104
    The new version only re-adds a previous problem.

The saving issue can be fixed by removing the master reseller rights then re-adding them.

bjdea1 - PM Sent.
    No the old problem has not returned. Your server has just out grown one of WHMresellers datastructures. You have a LOT of accounts on your server and your /etc/passwd file - which WHMreseller reads - was over 150Kb in size. WHMreseller has a 150KB limit for the passwd array and that's why this - your most recently added user - was not appearing in your drop down list - he/she wasn't in the passwd array cause it ran out of space. I have increased its size to 200Kb. Its my personal opinion that you should not add any new clients to your server.

Anyway I have updated your installation, this was not a bug, WHMreseller was just never designed to accomodate that many users on a server.
      0 Not allowed!

Follow Up

Any chance of some positive feedback at some point if indeed issues are solved?
      0 Not allowed!

Hi,

The new user issue seems to be corrected now.

Thanks for your help.
      0 Not allowed!

Once again it's that time of day I feel like posting how USELESS AND BUSINESS COSTING WHMreseller is!

80% of my master resllers have had their permissions removed????? I'm on the latest version, and it's causing more problems than ever!
      0 Not allowed!

Response

Quote Originally Posted by danserv
    Once again it's that time of day I feel like posting how USELESS AND BUSINESS COSTING WHMreseller is!

80% of my master resllers have had their permissions removed????? I'm on the latest version, and it's causing more problems than ever!
    I don't mean to be rude - but what the heck are you doing on your server? It seems to always be your server that's having problems. I won't continue to discuss this forever in these forums. Please submit a support ticket to us and we'll deal with this on our own website. Please include server login info, thanks.

Link to our support: https://deasoft.com/support/
    Last edited by bjdea1; 01-11-2007 at 07:51 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

I'v a bug in WHmreseller v2.4
    This has been in the past versions as well 2.2 and 2.3

Insert/Move Resellers.
    Some of my accounts have also been removed so i have to renable them.
    But doing this they loose there accounts they have made so this needs to be fixed so i can give them there WHM accounts.

Also can you make it so we can choose how big the file is for the usernames and settings?
    I mean most of us would have enough space to have a 300-400KB Size File.

Thanks.
      0 Not allowed!

Response

Ok.... please direct this to: https://deasoft.com/support/

This thread seems to be becoming a "bash WHMreseller" thread.
    Last edited by bjdea1; 01-11-2007 at 08:55 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

No,
    You guys take AGES to respond!

Please just fix it and post a new version.

Thanks.
      0 Not allowed!

Response

We will be posting bug fix info in our own forums from now on. We will not be doing support any longer on WHT. So please see our forums for updates, thanks.
      0 Not allowed!

Well cant you just fix this stuff?
    I dont want to go and sign up again at another forum and then have to sign up at you help desk.
      0 Not allowed!

Response

Its actually NOT A BUG

After looking into this it seems you guys are not setting up your standard reseller accounts fully - instead you are HALF setting them up, so when WHMreseller does its database update every hour it doesn't recognise them as resellers anymore - hence they dissappear from WHMreseller control panel.

After creating a new standard reseller you then have to assign him/her priviledges and check a box to determine if the reseller will be limited by resource or number. If you limit the reseller by resource then you have to give disk and bandwidth allocations - danserv you had many reseller account without any of these setup for your resellers - just left blank. That's why they were dissappearing later on when the cron ran to update the database, WHMreseller no longer recognised them as resellers cause they had no values setup .

But don't worry I have now added into the code a safety guard to look out for this and automatically set any of these "HALF setup resellers" to resource accounts with 100MB disk and 1000GB Band by default - just to stop them dissappearing. Obviously if you set them up properply in the first place this wouldn't be a problem.

So WHMreseller is running well and is stable. This also explains why its only happening on a few peoples server - so far I only know of it happening with you 2.
    Last edited by bjdea1; 01-12-2007 at 01:31 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Update

Run the same commands I posted previously (previous page) to fix your instalation.
      0 Not allowed!

Hello,

I would just like to thank you for your help in resolving these various issues.

I also feel that as a result of this thread your support has actually improved a great deal.

I can safely recommend this product again.

Your help was very much appreciated - thank you.
      0 Not allowed!

YAY.
    Insert/Move resellers is now working.
    And all my account are back to normal.

I will also recommend this product out to others.
    Thank You so much
      0 Not allowed!

Hello,
    Found another BUG!

Some Master Reseller accounts started to get limits set to them automaticly
    100MB Space and 1000MB Bandwidth.

this never used to happen.

ALso is it possible to make it so that we can set unlimited space/bandwidth.

Thanks.
      0 Not allowed!

read back 6 posts and you'll see why :p
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules
      0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast