my cell phone fell in the toilet!

and of course it no longer works! I'll take it apart and let it dry out. I wonder what sprint will say when i tell them? lol I didn't have the insurance on it...................i hate the phone anyway its a p.o.s.

I don't know about sprint. But tmobile makes you pay full price ($100-$200) for a new phone or extend your contract and get a huge discount like new customers.

Quote Originally Posted by mohamoud
    I don't know about sprint. But tmobile makes you pay full price ($100-$200) for a new phone or extend your contract and get a huge discount like new customers.
    I'll buy one online before i buy from them.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUNut
    and of course it no longer works! I'll take it apart and let it dry out. I wonder what sprint will say when i tell them? lol I didn't have the insurance on it...................i hate the phone anyway its a p.o.s.

Most companies will say its your fault so please give us somemore $$$ before we replace your phone. From experience of a few people, using the hair dryer has helped revive the phone.
    Roi

Get Cingular and pay the $5/month for insurance. Then, it's only a $50 deductible.
    Nick Hudson - Prevail Host LLC - http://www.prevail.host/
    Premium Quality cPanel Hosting Services - CloudLinux, LiteSpeed & SSD
    WHMControl - Secure Your Server Logins & Automate Password Changes

my friend was drunk one night and decided to see if her phone could float so she put it in her friends pint.. obviously it dont work anymore.. she had to pay full price for a new one haha why she told em the truth i dont know lol

Just had a phone replaced for a $50 deduct using vz insurance after it fell into a large glass of apple cider. It did actually work after being sponged off with a wet paper towel to get the stick off it and drying overnight with battery out. Do NOT turn it on wet... pull the battery immed. and dry it. Have friends whose phones have worked fine after going through the wash. Mine started to degrade after a few days, buttons made sticking noises and some didn't work well.

Most new phones have red dots visible inside the case and on the battery after being exposed to moisture which voids the warranty unless you have insurance.

You can always activate an older phone or possibly add an additional line to get another free phone with a new contract and then swap the numbers after it's activated and not use the old one, just need to do the math and see what works.

Good luck

swany

Or....stop taking your phone to the toilet. How did you drop it? Fell out of your pocket? Were you talking on the phone while ... ermm ... busy? I think it would be cheaper for you to get a new plan with a new phone than to have to replace that one.
    In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.
    If you feel like it, you can read my blog
    Signal > Noise

i think it feel in the right place where it should be ....................

HAHAHAH just joking friend, you cannot do nothing about the cell phone. just throw it away.

See, this is why some of us have the insurance. I've killed 2 phones this year... the $5/month insurance has paid for itself many times over, just this year alone. Cripes it's replaced $600 in phones and I paid ... (*does mental math*) ... $150 out-of-pocket, including the monthly premium & deductibles.

And I wasn't even trying to kill my phones!! Bah. Thank God I had the insurance though... UGH!!! I recommend it for anyone who is just naturally as lucky as me. LOL

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

I don't think Telus offers insurance on our phones....but it certainly would be worth it as our phones are ~$600 each....will have to look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by fyrestrtr
    Or....stop taking your phone to the toilet. How did you drop it? Fell out of your pocket? Were you talking on the phone while ... ermm ... busy? I think it would be cheaper for you to get a new plan with a new phone than to have to replace that one.
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide
    SEO Services & eMarketing consultancy
    I'll be glad to hear from you

My sexy sexy Nokia 7380 survived perfectly when I dropped it in the toilet.
    Scroll wheel was iffy for a day or two while it was drying, but it's been awesome since!
    --

What kind of phone is it? There are many things you can do, putting it in an oven usually works.

Quote Originally Posted by MStar
    My sexy sexy Nokia 7380 survived perfectly when I dropped it in the toilet.
    Scroll wheel was iffy for a day or two while it was drying, but it's been awesome since!
    It fell in the toilet and you still used it? EWWWW!
    Sarcasm, the 6th Ponyman of the Apocalypse.
    Please do not inquire about Tim, the 5th Ponyman.

Ouch, that's a bad experience!

Luckily i only replace my phones when i need new features and not one of them has broken. I guess i am over-protective?

First my friend was stupid and didn't get the warranty. So my friend bought a "to go" prepaid tmobile phone and get a Razer for less than a $100. Just switched the sim card. The same phone costs more than $200 tmobile. You gotta love the sim card. Almost forgot, tmobile does give you a new phone for free if you didn't cause the damage. So if you let it dry. I bet the person at tmobile stores won't know. Just say it won't turn on. Last time my phone was just pressing buttons on it's own and they gave me a new phone because it wasn't my fault.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyTigger
    It fell in the toilet and you still used it? EWWWW!
    My phone was $600. It's not like i was going to throw it away.
    --

my cell phone fell in the toilet!

The irony? THE IRONY!

Ouch though, I always look back to make sure nothing fell in, heh.
    Personal Blog: Here | Currently Hosted By: GoDaddy | Twitter: @Quartz87

I had that insurance and they gave me a hard time when I tried to use it to replace a phone that got washed. They refused, so I ended up cancelling the insurance thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick H
    Get Cingular and pay the $5/month for insurance. Then, it's only a $50 deductible.
    73's, Kim
    Everything happens for a reason I make up.

Well the phone works now i took it all apart and cleaned it even took the PCB board out!

I think the insurance is a waste of money if you have a cheap phone like me but if you sepnd 800 on a phone i guess its worth it. The phone i have can be bought on ebay for like 50 bucks.

if you have a smartphone it is most definitely worth it. I have had 4 phones replaced this year through sprint. Falling out of my pocket/holster twice and then the other 2 times it stopped charging the battery and finally it just randomly rebooted.

If you go by a sprint store you do not have to pay a deductible if they are unable to repair the phone right then. So wait 30 mins, they give up and give you a new one. Also this does not count towards your 2/year replacement max

Side note it is easy for it to hit the toilet, just put it in a top shirt pocket and when you lean over.....*sploosh

Quote Originally Posted by mohamoud
    First my friend was stupid and didn't get the warranty. So my friend bought a "to go" prepaid tmobile phone and get a Razer for less than a $100. Just switched the sim card. The same phone costs more than $200 tmobile. You gotta love the sim card. Almost forgot, tmobile does give you a new phone for free if you didn't cause the damage. So if you let it dry. I bet the person at tmobile stores won't know. Just say it won't turn on. Last time my phone was just pressing buttons on it's own and they gave me a new phone because it wasn't my fault.
    All motorolas have a white sticker where the sim card goes, it turns red if the phone is water exposed. There is also a sticker inside, that does the same thing. Usually the main board gets rusted, so they would know with that.

I know the feeling, did the same thing a couple of years ago when I was on call (always phone with me ). It fell out while I was opening the medicine locker. I don't think anyone called while the phone number was "absent"
    -Mr Bister

If your phone fell into the toilet, pool etc, take out the battery, rinse it as quickly as possible with distilled water, and let it dry.

You should buy a water resistant case for you future cell phone.

Quote Originally Posted by AvailNetworks

Side note it is easy for it to hit the toilet, just put it in a top shirt pocket and when you lean over.....*sploosh
    lol thats how it happen.

from letstalk.com i think its a $40/year insurance thing, at least with my phone samsumg sgh d807 (which is da best btw) it was

| | | |**The Top Web Hosts**

Cheap Hosts Quality Hosts Coupons Save $$$