Thread: Please help

* Please help

This is becoming really really really frustrating to me
    I've bought a host in the last ten days. it seems through those ten days my site used to open an hour and close another giving me that message :
    Requested URL:http://www.vincent-valentine.com/ Error message: Unable to determine IP address from host name for www.vincent-valentine.com The dnsserver returned: Server Failure: The name server was unable to process this query.
    I thought its something releated to my ISP but then again alot people from other countries told me they are facing alot of times the same problem with my website.
    could it be unreliable host www.galaxy-webhosting.co.uk? or what should I do

Checkout: http://dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport...-valentine.com

It appears your DNS zone is set to use the nameservers ns1.dynadot.com and ns2.dynadot.com which may be causing some trouble, I would ask your host to edit your DNS zones to use their own IP addresses. On WHM servers, there is an option which points to the current NS when a domain is added (which appears to be the case here) instead of their own NS. I have seen this issue cause similar problems in the past with intermitancies... simply ask them if they can change it for you.

Hopefully this helps

It seems like your host has set your DNS incorrectly, ask them to correct the NS entries for your domain, to remove

ns1.dynadot.com.
    ns2.dynadot.com.

And put

ns1.galaxy-webhosting.co.uk.
    ns2.galaxy-webhosting.co.uk.

instead
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

my site is insiting that everything is working alright at their side . now I'm getting the current error :
    Gateway Timeout

The following error occurred: [code=DNS_TIMEOUT] A DNS lookup error occurred because the request timed out during the lookup.

That is most certainly a DNS issue. Get your host to check the nameservers on the domain. It looks like they are not pointing to your new host.

Best of luck!
    “In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity”
    ― Sun-Tzu, A Arte da Guerra

Again, there is an issue in their DNS zone settings whether they know it or not. Give them the instructions to fix it even (since they are using WHM...), here they are:

1. Login to WHM
    2. Click Edit DNS Zone
    3. Select vincent-valentine.com and click Edit
    4. Where the record type says "NS" change the records from ns1.dynadot.com. and ns2.dynadot.com. to ns1.galaxy-webhosting.co.uk. ns2.galaxy-webhosting.co.uk. respectively. Also at the top in the SOA information change the SOA record from ns1.dynadot.com. to ns1.galaxy-webhosting.co.uk.
    5. Click Save

Have them follow those steps and I'm certain the problems will be resolved. There was a change in WHM no that long ago that made it so the NS entries at the time of the account creation would be copied from the domain name, and it looks like this is exactly what happened.

Hope this helps, Merry Christmas.

Dave
    Last edited by BPrintz; 12-25-2006 at 08:52 AM.

If your host insist that everything is OK, I suggest you to move from there.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by BPrintz
    Again, there is an issue in their DNS zone settings whether they know it or not. Give them the instructions to fix it even (since they are using WHM...), here they are:

1. Login to WHM
    2. Click Edit DNS Zone
    3. Select vincent-valentine.com and click Edit
    4. Where the record type says "NS" change the records from ns1.dynadot.com. and ns2.dynadot.com. to ns1.galaxy-webhosting.co.uk. ns2.galaxy-webhosting.co.uk. respectively. Also at the top in the SOA information change the SOA record from ns1.dynadot.com. to ns1.galaxy-webhosting.co.uk.
    5. Click Save

Have them follow those steps and I'm certain the problems will be resolved. There was a change in WHM no that long ago that made it so the NS entries at the time of the account creation would be copied from the domain name, and it looks like this is exactly what happened.

Hope this helps, Merry Christmas.

Dave
    thank you billions you are awsome ^____________^ I've told them that and they fixed it

Gah, thats annoying they must have fixed everything so the DNS report is fixed but still after a while I got the same error
    Gateway Timeout

The following error occurred: [code=DNS_TIMEOUT] A DNS lookup error occurred because the request timed out during the lookup.

night shade, it could take it a while for the DNS to propagate if they just made the change.... give it a day or two, if it still is happening then there's a problem deeper than that

What are you using that shows this specific error?