i need to find a reliable host

ive been searching and lurking around forums for 2 months now.... and i STILL havent found a host!

im looking for a place to upload LARGE videos, mp3s, TONSSS of high-quality photos, and about 200 .zip files. i have no idea how many gigabytes it will add up to. oh, and most pages on my website will be .php

ive seen some TGTBT hosting plans.... like the 97 dollar off thing for dreamhost and the 13 months free plan on ******.... and ive looked for awards and such but i always come across a forum that say its a scam...

ive talked to 2 people on ****** through the live chat AND on the phone and it was easy to reach them, unlike what people on the forums say! maybe its because i live not too far from the headquarters...

so can anybody tell me how many gigabytes ill need? and what hosts offer it?

im planning to make my website either on new year's day or on my birthday (february 1st), which gives me enough time to search for a host

im leaning toward bluehost, blurstorm, enom, godaddy, or maybe even networksolution

Based on my research its best that you would get a Dedicated Web Host. I dont know exactly which good hosts provide these. From what I've learned, what you pay for is the quality you receive back in return.

Quote Originally Posted by akasixcon
    Based on my research its best that you would get a Dedicated Web Host. I dont know exactly which good hosts provide these. From what I've learned, what you pay for is the quality you receive back in return.
    It depends on the amount of traffic to your sites. If your traffic to your site will be low, you should be fine with a shared host.

You would need to look for a VPS or Dedicated Server if you were expecting large volume to your sites as many pictures or videos on php driven pages is server intensive.
    Host In Us Web Hosting Services | www.hostinus.com
    Premium Enterprise Shared Web Hosting
    Less than 80 Customers per server!
    Try us out! We want to earn your business.

You pay also want to take a look down below at the "Web Hosting Offers" forum - sometimes people post very nice (and large) specials there that might interest you.
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

hmm well im predicting that there will be around 1000-3000 visitors daily within a year

ill check out the vps and dedicated servers an the web hosting offers forum

thanks

wait...

what would you consider low traffic?

With "1000-3000 visitors daily" you would need at least a VPS.
    Host In Us Web Hosting Services | www.hostinus.com
    Premium Enterprise Shared Web Hosting
    Less than 80 Customers per server!
    Try us out! We want to earn your business.

ok thanks for your help

If want to have an estimate of the space you will need, simply see the total size of the data you are going to be uploading. You will need to add some space for email and logs
    Datums Internet Solutions, LLC
    Systems Engineering & Managed Hosting Services
    Complex Hosting Consultants

maybe its because i live not too far from the headquarters...
    Maybe you can pay them a visit and see what they're all about..

Living close to the host might have it advantages. It's easy for a host not to respond to a ticket, it's not so easy not to respond to the customer standing in the lobby, and not going anywhere.

What's your budget?

Hi,

With those amount of visits, i would also recommend a VPS, if your budget allows it. I would say not to go with one of the bigger hosts.. just because they are popular doesn't mean that they offer what they give