We are thrilled to announce the release of CE version 2.8 just before the holiday break. Our team has been working relentlessly to ensure that our customers have something new to play with before the new year.
CE 2.8 comes with a ton of new features and framework improvements making this one of our largest releases to date.
If you have an owned license of CE and your support/upgrade date has passed please contact [email protected] for information concerning renewing your support.
Below I will be attaching the change-log including the request # from our roadmap, feature request application. You can go visit each request at http://www.roadmap.clientexec.com
Again thanks to all the wonderful people out there using our software and ensuring that it becomes the best piece of software for their business and this market.
- MySQL 5 fully supported, even under strict mode.
- Request #727: Automatically test if all UPGRADE SQL and INC files necessary to go from the old to the new version are there.
- Plesk had its external API fixed for version 8.1.0 so it's usable again from ClienteExec.
* Bugs Fixed:
- Last Seen field in the Admin Only section of a user's profile was broken.
- Error after editing a category in the files module.
- PSiGate plugin wasn't returning error codes properly.
- Couldn't send BCC when sending a message to a client.
- In a package configuration screen, the list of aloted servers wasn't been properly sorted.
- Fixed some errors arising when safe_mode is enabled.
- Bug #732: Calendar widget was not working in some places.
- The client DropDown wasn't showing the organizations and clients in the propper order. Now it sorts organizations by A to Z, an after that the clients in A to Z order.
- In the invoices snapshot in home, when an invoice was marked paid, the confirmation popup asking the admin if he would like to send a receipt was missing.
- Bug # 720: Duplicate order ID's were being created at the PSiGate dev enviroment in some cases.
- Wasn't able to modify signup language by passing the lang variable in the URL.
- Language typos and some bad written sentences corrected
- Let admins add changes to english.txt to provide custom English phrases.
- Request #750: Fixed currency symbols in reports.
- Internet Explorer 7 fully supported.
- Request #491: State how many emails were sent.
- Request #373: Do not attach the excerpt to emails sent and make the excerpt non-mandatory.
- Request #337: Allow announcements to be sent based on client status.
- Allow admin to override client opt-out choice to allow the sending of important emails.
- Request #214: Searching by email also searches alternate emails.
- Request #330: Added customer name, invoice amount and due date to the uninvoiced work table.
- Changed all actions perfomed on each individual snapshot to be asynchrounous calls to server
This improves overall performance as only the snapshots will be reloaded after the actions are performed and
for some actions the snapshot will not even need to be reloaded, saving in a lot of unneeded requests to server.
- Added filter to tickets. Allowing quick filtering of tickets by: those assigned to staff, unassigend tickets, and all tickets visable to the user group
- Grouped the two seperate snapshots, unassigned tickets and my tickets for staff members, filters can not be used if staff wants to view seperately.
- Added ability to validate ( passphrase ) credit cards from the home snapshot listing those users with credit cards needing validation
- Request #448: Alphabetize billing type dropdown menu when creating invoice entries.
- Request #691: Package Add-ons in Recurring Overview - Instead of showing Package Add - on, show the name & description of the addon.
- Request #451: Add attach file to email client.
- Request #542: Prevent the user from seeing the package information while it is still pending.
- Request #31: Allow packages to be marked as active, suspended or cancelled with the ability to trigger server plugins.
- Request #447: Only tick the register domain activation box if customer requested a domain registration.
- Request #652: Show the customer's domain name in the Client List & Change the word Package for Domain name on the dropdown option list for Search.
- Request #438: "User Search" now takes you to the corresponding item (user, domain, invoice, or ticket).
- Request #500: Implemented "Delete Credit Card" at client profile.
- Request #694: Added status after id, in the package dropdown for the selected customer.
- Added payment gateway plugin for Chronopay.
- Added payment gateway plugin for Chronopay. Contributed by Sam Pipe.
- Added payment gateway plugin for Quantum Gateway.
- Added support for ISPManager server plugin. Contributed by Igor Chekushkin.
- Request #29: In the package type settings, added bandwidth and disk space settings for CPanel reseller accounts.
- Added upcoming batch invoice notifier service to alert customers whose credit cards are going to be charged.
- Request #225: Improved cpanel error messages and handling.
- Request #344: Expiring credit card notifier service.
- New Report: Income Growth - Displays income trends from previous month and year.
- Request #512: Show pop up confirming the package deletion using the plugin, only if the package has a plugin.
- Request #391: Executing service takes you to different service if not viewing all settings. Now it returns to the service previously executed.
- Added upcoming batch invoice notifier service to alert customers whose credit cards are going to be charged.
- Request #540: Add message to ticket logs stating that a file was attached.
- Request #523: Add Suspend/UnSuspend functions to server plugins.
- Request #620: Implemented package addon plugin variables support for CPanel.
- Request #644: Added new Teamspeak server plugin.
- Request #485: New service "Auto Suspend": Automatically suspends overdue packages.
- Request #617: Updated Directi plugin to API version 3.
- Updated DirectAdmin plugin to check for the new return messages when creating accounts and changing packages.
- Bug #677: Addon "Support Ticket type editor" when adding a duplicate trouble ticket name, mysql was returning an error
- As of this version when a reseller account in CPanel is suspended, all its subaccounts in CPanel will be suspended as well.
- Request #139: Added multilingual support for MaxMind telephone verification based on the customer's preferred language. Note: MaxMind supports English, French, Spanish, German, Japanese.
- Added credit card bin number and email md5 to maxmind integration.
- Added ability to set a minimum MaxMind fraud score before triggering telephone verification.
- Request #499: Added dynamic generation of credit card expiration years so expired credit cards cannot be accepted.
- Request #106: When client selects transfer domain the first charge is the transfer fee and future charges are billed as the domain renewal.
- Request #643: Update MaxMind to version 1.43 adding UsernameMD5 and PasswordMD5 fraud check.
- Request #515: Implemented error detection when searching domain name availability.
- Request #598: Add ability to modify sort order for package add-ons.
- Request #237: Allowed "HTML" in the Terms and Conditions template
- Request #654: Domain value in URL working as expected in signup when specifying package type and domain through the URL in signup.
- Upgraded cwhois to version 1.86: Updated .de .sk .ch .li .lv .at, .de, .eu. Added .mobi .ph .com.ph .net.ph .org.ph and .ngo.ph. Corrected bug when using IDN with .com and .net .
- Request #297: Added "Reply above this line" to support ticket emails to allow for stripping of previous replies.
- Request #163: Prepopulate the admin signature into support ticket replies.
- Request #17: Do not allow tickets to be reopened by customers after x days.
- Request #426: Allow admin to change a ticket's priority.
- Request #277: Allow admin to change a ticket's category.
- Request #216: Allow admin to edit/delete a ticket reply.
- Allow admin to edit a ticket subject.
- Request #383: Create ticket when emails are sent from alternate email addresses.
- Request #200: Automatically reset estimated time when ticket is re-opened.
- The elapsed time of the closed tickets was showing in hours and minutes. Now it shows in weeks, days, hours and minutes.
- Email pipping wasn't bouncing back emails that weren't from users.
- Request #690: Implemented SELECT ALL/NONE for tickets.
- Added new custom field type (Date)
- Request #332: Allow SMTP Port selection.
- Request #397: Announcements table should be sorted by date by default.
- Request #388: Removed initial Welcome Message Setting, and removed the corresponding field in the users table.
- Request #440: Moved 'servers' link back to the admin menu from the plugins screen.
- Drop Down yes/no now use the size field for width on custom fields.
- Request #649: Server list is sorted alphabetically to make it easier to find the correct server.
- Request #640: New "Get New Password Template" on email templates
- Request #153: Fixed packages price sort
- Request #25: When an inactive user pays an overdue invoice a ticket will be opened notifying the admin. If the user is paying using an autopayment plugin a ticket is opened when their profile/credit card is updated so the admin can reprocess the invoice.
- Request #661: Redirect from index.php to install.php when the installation hasn't been done yet.
- Add to the backup the creation scripts of the DB.
- Request #664: Added credit year drop list years upto 2020.
- Added translation capabilities for plugins, servers and settings. Also added many missing translation entries. Updated Spanish translation.
- Added setting to show the script's execution time in the footer.
- Request #666: Show packages dropdown ordered by price.
- Added ability to change the session name in config.php by defining the constant SESSION_NAME. This allows external pages to share the session with CE and see if a user is logged-in. Check the manual under the Client Management section for more information.
* Bugs Fixed:
- Bug #579: Language change to reflect change of domain to package
- Bug #593: Error removing all packages from package types that contained a single quote in the package type name
- Bug #548: Fixed when editing invoice entries, CE asking to pick billing type when one has already been selected
- Bug #486: Fixed rounding problem which at times caused incorrect values being displayed when applying tax
- Bug #415: Fixed incorrect message of transaction failed when entering incorrect passphrase.
- Bug #119: If there are 2 profile fields of the type "address" then plugins are "confused" and may use an empty address field rather than the populated one.
- Bug #484: Server Status Report giving plugin error mail.
- Bug #374: When creating a new package type and importing packages, the "allow in signup" checkboxes setting weren't preserved.
- Bug #460: Server info tab not returning correct charset encoding.
- Bug #399: When a customer updated his profile, the organization checkbox was reset.
- Bluepay wasn't passing customer email address or phone number and needed a debugging statement removed.
- Bug #474: When deleting a selected customer from the client list the client wasn't being deselected.
- Bug #461: Billing staff were unable to see tickets assigned to them.
- Bug #472: Properly activate users from the dashboard so packages are never activated twice and the user is always activated before their packages.
- Bug #627: Wrong IP was being logged when the request came from some NAT routers.
- In signup, when using Paypal Subscriptions, a subscription wasn't being created if using a coupon that would only make the first payment free.
- Bug #558: Use the due date of the package and not uninvoiced work when generating invoices.
- If admin and customer had different languages, PDF invoice was being sent with the admin's language.
- Bug #687: Set charset meta tag in login screen.
- Fixed Import Packages to import servers.
- Bug #692: serverstatus plugin not working when there are multiple servers and at least one not having the stats URL set.
- Bug #678: ticket overview sort not working for the time elapsed column.
- Bug #590: Fixed Upcoming Transactions Report.
- Bug #711: Fixed PHPSysInfo Plugin to show uptime correctly
- When all Billing Types were erased, it was impossible to add a new one.
- Income Growth is now working properly.