Night of living hell

I have heard the stories of people putting stuff in peoples drinks. Never thought it would happen to me, but last night it did. I put my drink down at the bar to go to the bathroom. Come back and drink. Some one put something in my drink and it put me in the ER. I have to say it was living hell =-(.
    I am back....

Holy crap! That's nuts. Was the hospital able to tell you what was in the drink? Did you take a sip and then wake up in ER or do you remember more?

I've honestly never heard of this happening to anyone I know. Nuts.

Never leave your drink un-attended.. glad to hear that you're alright though...

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik
    Never leave your drink un-attended.. glad to hear that you're alright though...
    Word...

Could have been the midnight rape or worse.

Everyone thinks it wont happen to them.

Whenever you leave a drink unattended, order a new one upon your return. You cant trust anyone, so you have to look out for yourself.

Isn't Torith a guy? I thought that was only supposed to happen to women, creepy =)

Sorry it happened... at least a good lesson learned never to leave your drink unattended. Lots of sickos out there.

Torith,

Sorry to hear about your bad night. It's great that it's all under control now
    Caro.Net: Support is everything
    Offering High Quality Dedicated Servers.

I hear about these things happening too often, and I live in "peaceful Sweden" :/

Wow... that is the same thing that happened to this girl up my way... my partner and I were talking some business after eating and saw this girl trying to get in her truck. We watched her for about 30 minutes... It was really funny.... but then we looked around and the homeless guys and college guys were watching as well... not so funny (not saying they would have done something to harm her.. but).

Anyway, to make a long story short, she was able to talk and walk... we put her in the car and took her home... she was a college student and simply gorgeous (looked like a model)... but no smell of alcohol.... She did not understand what happened. Considering she got in the car with two grown men she did know says a lot....

A little risky on our part as well (maybe even dumb considering...).

I know a lot of guys don't think about this happening to them... but it happens... many of us men think this only happen to women... scary people out here.....
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

The common date rape drugs (Rohypnol, GHB etc) are often used to mug people.

Always order new drinks upon your return!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph_M
    The common date rape drugs (Rohypnol, GHB etc) are often used to mug people.

Always order new drinks upon your return!!!
    Well this is intersting...

Rohypnol is NOT legal in the U.S. It is legal in Europe and Mexico and prescribed for sleep problems and as an anesthetic (medicine given during surgery so you don't feel pain). It is brought into the U.S. illegally.

Ketamine is legal in the U.S. for use as an anesthetic for humans and animals. It is mostly used on animals. Veterinary clinics are robbed for their Ketamine supply.

GHB was recently made legal in the U.S to treat problems from narcolepsy (a sleep problem).

GHB is used in cleaning products... healthy!!!

That's pretty nuts. What did they put in your drink? Did it have you feeling sick, or just very dizzy?

Quote Originally Posted by ub3r
    That's pretty nuts. What did they put in your drink? Did it have you feeling sick, or just very dizzy?

I was feeling fine at first but I was feeling very dizzy. Then I hit the ground and started to freak out because I could not see anything really but I could hear voices. Then from what people was saying I was screaming and trying to push people away as they was holding me down. I really do not remember much at all.

That is the LAST time I am ever going to leave my drink on the table by it self.
    I am back....

Man that sucks. I hope you're feeling better now and back to normal.

Worrying really what the worlds come to - can't even go out and have a drink without problems ensuing
    Alasdair
    Long time ex-host, ex-billing software owner/developer/support staff. Recent lurker.

Sounds like some psychotropic drug was put in your drink. I would file a lawsuit.

http://www.thesource.gov.au/drinkspi...hould_know.htm has a few snippets of information about prevention and what to do if you suspect you are a victim (if you are capable that is )