Server4Sale's (P4 ~ $89 /m) Vs. AHosting.Biz's (Dual Core 2.8 ~ $109 /m) ???

Hello,

I currently shopping for dedicated servers and looking for the following 2 servers:

@ [Server4Sale]

Intel P4 2.8 Ghz (512 L2 cache)
    1 GB RAM
    80 GB Drive
    2000 GB BW
    100Mbit/s port
    Datacenter: Charlotte
    Free Setup + Free cPanel/WHM/Fantastico + Server $89 /mo + Management 24.95/mo + Free 25 GB backup = $113.95

@ [AHosting.Biz]

Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.8 (2X2MB L2 cache)
    1 GB RAM
    160GB SATA
    1000GB Premium Bandwidth
    100Mbps Port
    Datacenter: Charlotte
    Free Setup + Server $109 /mo + Free Management + No Backups + Free cPanel/WHM/Fantastico $30/mo = $139.95

I search the forum for the last 2 days and I see some good reviews as well as some very bad review for Server4Sale, but S4S look very popular at WHT. On the other hand for AHosting.Biz I didn't find any bad reviews and they looks good.

The main reason for considering Dual Core is its 2MB L2 cache but is it really make any deference ?, other than the 512 L2 cache the P4 @ Server4Sale looks promising specially considering the fact that they offer free 25GB off site backups.

Any ideas/recommendations? all are welcome

Smile

Besides the cache, there is a big difference, one is single core and one is dual core, so yes, it makes a great difference.

If you need the bandwidth go with S4S, that's twice as much right there. 2 Cores on the other hand, will make a big difference.

It's totally up to you in this situation - both servers look fine, but it depends on what your going to use it for.
    » VPSFuze.com - Performance should be noticeable - VPS Hosting at its best.
    » HostingFuze.com - Affordable & Reliable Shared & Master Reseller hosting services

VPSbyte & Yupapa,

Thanks for the tips I actually didn't realize the CPU advantage. The server is for 4 sites which have outgrown hosting on a shared server, Dual Xeon 3GHz with 2BG RAM. 2 sites use around 30GB per each and the other use around 60 and the last one is around 120GB so all together my b/w usage is around 250GB and total storage is less than 5 GB.

The first 3 sites (Per each) daily MeM & CPU usage on a Dual Xeon 3GHz with 2BG RAM:

Average CPU%:- 1-4
    Average MeM%:- 1-3

Last site:

Average CPU%:- 1
    Average MeM%:- 7

However, I don't really understand above CPU usage as they say my sites are using 0.5 - 4 CPU per day but there are around 500+ sites on that server and the whole server load is around 2-4 so I was just wondering, if my site is using 1-4 how is the whole server usage is around 2-4.

So I was just thinking looking at the above data do you think that it will be possible for me to go with the P4 at 4S4?

Smile

I don't see any problems hosting your sites on the above servers unless your sites are spiking the server load very high (maybe 10 or above), then you will have to check what's wrong with you sites. If the server averages 1.0 - 4.0 loads, no spiking, it should be alright.

I am not sure how they measure your account's CPU and MEM usage on a shared environment and come up with that numbers.