* After being with SoftLayer.com for 4 to 5 month I write my review

Hello.

I've been with Softlayer for 4 to 5 month now, I have an $185 a month price plan for the dedicated server. I host my website (www.clicktroll.com) and a few of my friends websites, so nothing "huge".

SoftLayer's support is the best, when I make a ticket they reply within 5 minutes, they are loyal, very friendly and exellent at their job!. My server hardly ever crashes, it always remains online all the time.

If your looking for a dedicated server, I would choose these guys.

well your site is crashed already

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Unable to save result set in /includes/class_core.php on line 363
    Database Error Database error
    The database has encountered a problem.

That's only happened just now atualy, they did say that would be changing IPMI in the server later on tonight.

Does your main site bring in cash to pay for your softlayer server? What's your server config? I have aserver with SL right now but it's so expensive (but quality is SWEET) and I have had to move to a much more cost-effective server.

-Caleb

That is a DB issue, not a SL issue on the crash.

now your sites is not working at all
    Arsalan
    Nexus - http://nexus.pk/
    ** Smart Solutions for Smart People! **

after 10 months with SL they were very good in the beging friendly and nice but now they only care of admin ticket and they provide very bad support and alot or problem lately

i give them one more month to back as good company or i will leave them
    never ever try ThePlanet they r the worst with the most bad tech support

when i asked for new server they reload the os in my old server !!!! and they sorry its not our job to loss ur data its your fault why you dont backup it !!!

SL has been great in all points... but one: they don't offer DDOS protection.
    They don't seem to understand this can happen to anyone and they are willing to lose their customers that are being attacked because instaed of adding DDOS protection firewalls they add useless firewalls that can be replaced by software

my 2 cents

(D)DoS protection at SL is reported to be pretty weak, even for trivially small attacks < 100mbps. That's false advertising on their part.

I'd hope that after their own DNS servers got DDoSed that they'd learned their lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by Loktari
    (D)DoS protection at SL is reported to be pretty weak, even for trivially small attacks < 100mbps. That's false advertising on their part.
    yeah and then they dont want to use it, they would rather nulroute. Half the staff there dont know what they are talking about and dont read tickets fully before replying, and they always try to close them out fast. I got another post here on what I think about them. I like the general setup and all but the ddos protection is a joke and when you request protection they try to advise you to terminate clients and such. Needless to say Im looking for new network as we speak

Yes they don't provide good DDOS protection and I guess they even don't have equipment for the same. I have moved 3 box from their network to EV1. Now i have just 1 box left with them, which is act as backup for DNS and 5-6 small website.

EV1 seems to be quite good you automatically get email when attacks starts and stops.
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

I used to be with SL dont get me wrong there support is excellent (Response wise) but the solutions they come up with are dumb for example my named went down and because i didnt have the time to do it i asked them i got an email saying that the named service is now running so i look and its still down so i email them this is the explination they said lol " We have upgraded you php version and your phpmyadmin" lol i thought to myself are these people real or what couse they dont know what there doing lol.

yeah Ive gave up on those server admin tickets after asking them to do something, them telling me its fine and then charging me. For example one night I kept getting dos deflate emails showing 1000+ connections from localhost, I put in a ticket for server admin, the guy comes in the server while this is happening, responds to the ticket saying everything looks fine that maybe my netstat is messed up. I said after that, thats it! Even got charegd for that.
    Turns out I didnt have localhost whitelisted and it was cpanel backup using rsync to backup to my backup drive.

But only some of them are like that, some of their staff are ok. And overall their network is good, better than most. I am just having problems with them suiting my needs at this time

SecureSeverTech

Just wondering how you are providing DDoS protected site and IRC.

Quote Originally Posted by goku123
    EV1 seems to be quite good you automatically get email when attacks starts and stops.
    How is the DDoS mitigation at EV1? Is it capable of anything for smaller attacks?

Yes it is quite good so far small attacks and able to migrate attacks automatically . They send you email notification when attack starts. More @ http://www.ev1servers.net/Datacenters/fireslayer.aspx