Responsive shared for 2-5$/month posible?

I want to setup a responsive SMF forum with high uptime starting at 2-5$.

A Small Orange seems to be a good solution with their 25$/year plan though they have 99.5% uptime.

Is that posible or I have t go dedicate dif I want it to be really responsive?

Thanks

I host with asmallorange and i have almost 100% uptime. If you have a small forum you can go with shared with host until you need a dedicated server. But with asmallorange you won't need to worry about uptime. Just go with the plan that best fits your forums.

A Small Orange seems to be a good solution with their 25$/year plan though they have 99.5% uptime.
    That's a 99.5% uptime guarantee, not their uptime. That means if they fall below that percentage, you would get some sort of compensation for the downtime.

A Small orange is very very good. Go with them

This depends on how large your forum is. If it's a good-sized forum, shared hosting probably wouldn't be the wisest choice for you. However, if you have, say, 200-400 users at the most, shared hosting should work fine. (As for ASO, I've never used them, so I can't comment there.)
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress • Joomla • OpenCart • Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

Thanks to all. I have visited an IPB forum and a WordPress hosted in ASO and the load balance of the server seems to be decent. Just sometimes it takes 1 second to process the SQL query. Is it the best thing I can have in the 2-5$ range?

I guess that to have something really responsive I would need too much CPU not always available in shared hosting. Maybe the day Quad becomes standard..

Is there any ASO competitor (as reliable) to take a look in that matter?

Thanks

With $2-5 per month. You shouldn't expect much

You usually get what you pay for.
    MK Hosting - Reliable Affordable UK Hosting Since 2005
    www.mkhosting.co.uk
    Shared Hosting - Reseller hosting - Dedicated Servers - VPS - Colocation - IT Services

Yes I guess that it can´t be more responsible without loosing another features I want as reliability and uptime.