Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    As Jerett and I have stated more than once, the idea here is not to have kids staying for a few nights in a hotel. It's not for the kids parents to attend. It's not to fly them there. The idea is for a class or two from a local school to be brought by their teachers as part of a school trip for one morning or day.

It's an interesting idea. One I think provides food for thought. I just wish we would all talk about the same idea in this thread, rather than people talking about a completely different idea, such as kids staying in expensive hotels and taking flights.

Of course, if it was decided by the HostingCon guys that the event would be a good place to do this, it would be left to the school(s) to decide whether it is a good idea or not.

This thread is food for thought, that's all.
      0 Not allowed!

In that sense, I would find it annoying if the 'school trip' was let loose on the conference floor. You also have to consider that American 'school trips' are different to how we have them in the UK because of the distances involved in travelling. So unless it is at local schools, we're talking expensive hotels and flights.

You should note that this thread is in the HostingCon forum which implies attendance at a HostingCon event. Hosting workshops in schools should go in a differently titled thread in a different forum.

I would see the funny side of a room full of kids with Chris Faulkener speaking, though
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.easywp.com - True Managed WordPress, made easy
      0 Not allowed!

I am not so sure why people continue to think this was a suggestion to try and persuade kids into the hosting industry - it was a mere thought of a way we as a hosting industry/community could provide something to the kids in ways of showing them some of the technology we use and it works within the industry.

It was only a thought on how we could utilize our resources to reach out to the kids. Not for kid host or to have them travel to hosting con. But merely to extend an invite to a few schools that have technical classes.

Why don't we just kill the thread so I don't have to continue defending my point to people that clearly don't remember being kids themselves and how something like this would be a fascinating opportunity.

0 Not allowed!

Killed, as suggested
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design
      0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12