* What CMS do you use hoster?

Hello everyone,

I just wonder what kind of CMS that you are using for your webhosting website. Since there are a lot of options of open source CMS, paid CMS or your own CMS.
    So I think this thread will be interesting, because I will know roughly how does it like if I use xyz CMS for my site by looking at your site

As for myself, my site is using Etomite CMS.
    - It has been a good CMS for me, very easy template integration and as for backend administration is quite easy and user friendly.
    - It is quite easy to put a script into the CMS (They called it snipplet)

I took few hours to learn how to integrate a template with Etomite. That is why I chose etomite.

How about you? I am interested to know what cms do you use and want to see your site as well

not for web hosting but i use phpNews not a full CMS but it works very well.
    Remote Hands and Your Local Tech for the Los Angeles area.

(310) 573-8050 - LinkedIn

Do you mind let me know your site, so I can have a look at your site

Well I was wondering what CMS does hoster use, because I want to compare and if they have something better I might change.

i PMd you it.

Take alook at http://www.opensourcecms.com/

I know some that use e107 and Joomla

Thanks Jeremy
    Okay I will take a peek at it.

I took a look at your site to see how you run the CMS, does it work with mod_rewrite for the html files?
    A bit different from phpNews i must say.

yes It does work with mod_rewrite.
    So it's a SEO friendly CMS.

Joomla......has everything we need and it is supported in cPanel's Fantastico. You can also use the ecommerce store that is quite flexible.
    InfTek Hosting
    Shared and Dedicated Kerio MailServer Solutions
    http://www.inftekhosting.com

i use drupal but currently testing joomla as i have heard several good reviews.

Erm...I use PHProducer...but the release is not out yet...as its still being worked on my a few of my friends, I am officially one of the first sites to use it. Email Lerch at the PHProducer site (google it as I cannot post links) and he may give it to you earlier.

InfTek: Yes Joomla is good, there is no doubt about it but I just wonder for other cms do the hosters use.

Daveredfern: I heard that Drupal is good, but I haven't tried it really.

Jayke: Thanks for the info

At the moment I am looking at TYPO3 and Modxcms. TYPO3 has a lot good feedback and people says it's good, but I haven't tried it yet.
    ModxCms is almost the same like etomite, it just different style/layout.

Tell me how those go =]

Okay... I tried ModxCMS
    From my point of view, I could say this cms is quite user friendly. It's like etomite but enchanced. They use ajax, therefore you when you are logged as an admin you can edit your site content directly on that page, no need to enter admin control panel.
    They have good back end as well. I will try to integrate with my design later, it is interesting to try this cms.

As for typo3, it will takes more than a week to learn about it. It's very good cms but it is different with other opensource cms. It's more complicated and powerful if you know how to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    slightly off topic but they have changed their site! and it looks way worse to before!

the good thing with joomla is you can integrate a billing system and ticket system into the website because they have the modules.
    Last edited by daveredfern; 12-30-2006 at 10:19 AM.

Hello dave,

So you mean that joomla can integrate with MB and Kayako? I know they can but I wasn't sure so I just want to confirm it

Cheers..

Quote Originally Posted by -Dan
    Hello dave,

So you mean that joomla can integrate with MB and Kayako? I know they can but I wasn't sure so I just want to confirm it

Cheers..
    no, i don't think either but it has its own hosting billing modules (one called netshine) which are very good and perfect for my needs but for large hosters you may want to keep a seperate billing. similar with it having its own advanced ticket system.

it may be able to slightly intergrate with mb or client exec but not sure.

Okay, I just wonder since I read a lot say that one person finally can integrate modernbill with joomla but there is not enough information.

I will check netshine first then thanks for the information.

Joomla allows you to create an iFrame to pretty seamlessly integrate other pages in