Looking for high speed reseller package

Lately my host (vertivo) has been on the slow side (not to mention being hacked) so I am gonna start looking for a new host to switch to a few days after new years.

Basically I want something along the lines of:
    10gb space
    100gb transfer
    cpanel

and then all of the other stuff that would normally be included.

Right now I pay about 10 a month for something similar to that, but I could definitely go higher for a high quality host with credibility. My main issues are uptime (who's isn't though) and quick speeds, as my site is a pricing engine and runs many queries to grab and sort prices for products.

Any recomendations?

Thanks,
    Vinnie

$10 is quite low... if you can push your budget to about $35 -> $45, then I'm sure you can find many hosts that can provide you a good quality of service...

While a higher budget would definately help, the one thing you need to consider is the amount of queries performed. If its excessive, then you may wish to go for a dedicated, as you'll have a lot more system resources devoted to you.

10gb space
    100gb transfer
    for $10? that's the reason of why you're site is going slow and the uptime is not good.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Hi,

If your aiming at $10.00 USD you are looking at a "budget reseller"

What is slow about it? Is it the support? The load average?

You might take into the consideration that they are restoring their backups of defaced site this will slow down the system due to HIGH disk write. So give it a shot for a couple days and see how it turns out as the slowness you described can be due to the restoration process.

However if it is ALWAYS slow it can be your physical location to the server, or an over crowded server.

If it is support process being slow it can be due to the work process that is going on in terms of hacking.

Hacking will occur for all hosts this is guaranteed. It varies on the monitoring and how fast such hosts can tackle the issue.
    Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud | YardVPS - Storage VPS
    True Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation | BGP Optimized by Noction Intelligent Routing | Asia-Pacific Low Latency Routes
    Los Angeles, CA | Dallas, TX | Ashburn, VA | London, UK | Amsterdam, NL | Johannesburg, ZA

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito
    for $10? that's the reason of why you're site is going slow and the uptime is not good.
    I would say this has a great deal to do with the performance most certainly.

Budget reseller plans are just that....budgeted. They are not aimed to offer the best support and best service. If you want true reliable service with scalablity, than I suggest you up your budget a bit. Otherwise you will still be in the budget reseller hosting plan level. That is the problem with most budget reseller plans and the consumer, they are expecting way too much for practically nothing. In this industry it just does not happen that way. You get what you pay for.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

We are working with Hostdime for months and glad their services. Also you can find a lot of reliable companies by reading the reviews on WHT. But you must increase your budget to min. $20-30/month for a reliable reseller hosting. Good luck.
    domainCart - PHP / AJAX Domain and Hosting Order Script | WHMCS Alternative
    Supports 700+ domain extensions, 27+ payment gateways, multi-currency with auto exchange..
    www.domaincart.net | Demo (all in one - without template)

Like I said I am willing to go higher, I am currently paying 10 because of a promotion (it's normally 20 or so).

The slowness is in the load time of the site, and search queries. I have had people all over the US and the world trying it at different times, with disapointing results compared to when it was on the server it was developed on.

I could probably go down to around 6gb space and still the 100gb transfer, and like I said earlier my budget isn't 10, it's what I am currently paying.

I never had intentions of staying with my current host though, it was cheap and the site was still in development, I really just needed something to play around with. Now the site is almost ready to come out of beta and with the new semester beginning (lots of textbook searches) I need something quicker.

I see, well atleast you understand that quality for the most part costs more than $10.00. Sure if your getting a promotion so be it. I would ask your next host for speed tests before ordering anything.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

I will put my budget at 25/month for 100gb transfer and 6gb space, so if anyone has any recomendations from personal experience (or otherwise) please let me know.

Thanks,
    Vinnie

Quote Originally Posted by VGmedia
    I will put my budget at 25/month for 100gb transfer and 6gb space, so if anyone has any recomendations from personal experience (or otherwise) please let me know.

Thanks,
    Vinnie
    I think you will get what are you looking for. Just look through offer section

Yes, a minimum of 25$ should offer a reliable service.