Expirences with PSM so far.

Platinum Server Management has been amazing and this is only the second day I have them. They have great communication skills, do everything I ask, and more. They make suggestions but respect your opinion. They are polite and very intelligent and responsive. I have like five tickets open right now and they are ** ACTIVLY ** working them all without a complaint. This company should be charging 700$ a month Everyone is getting a deal. My average response time thus far has been about 3/min.

PSM for the win.

Thanks.

(P.S. - John is doing a great job )

Couldnt agree more. The service these guys provide is second to none!

Like 1000's of others, you've discovered the best bang for the buck when it comes to server management providers.

2 years now for us and never a reason to even think of looking elsewhere.
    Mike
    cPanel/WHM scripts at Premier Website Solutions (all your website needs)
    Support young figure skaters in training. juniorskaters.com

Ethan runs a pretty sound ship over at PSM. It is good to know that people are giving him the props he deserves.

Good to know u r having a nice experience with them.

I m not, they seem to too busy to spend even 10 seconds on servers. Honestly the worst administration i have ever encountered, slow and inefficient.

I wouldnt suggest anyone to go with them.

Anyways, I m just waiting for my month to end and then i am gonna try seeksadmin

Quote Originally Posted by serioussam

I m not, they seem to too busy to spend even 10 seconds on servers. Honestly the worst administration i have ever encountered, slow and inefficient.

Anyways, I m just waiting for my month to end and then i am gonna try seeksadmin
    I couldn't disagree with you more. I've been with PSM for 8 months now and have not had any issues with their service. Any time there is a problem with their service, a simple ticket to the Feedback department clears things up -- and it usually ends up being me misreading something. I've always found their responses to be amazingly fast and their techs knowledgeable.

@serioussam -- have you tried submitting a ticket to the "Feedback" department to see if you can get things resolved with them directly? Posting here does nothing for you and it would help if you contacted them about the issues to see if they can fix them.
    Big things coming soon

I found your account and you submitted 16 tickets throughout the first 6 days of using our service, each one was completely resolved well within and even much quicker than our guaranteed resolution period. The fact that we resolved 16 tickets within 6 days for you is proof in and of itself that plenty of time was spent on your account and that obviously we are not slow.

If we were slow, you would not have been able to get 16 tickets completed within 6 days. Actually, I calculated it and I found the average response and resolution time to be under 1 hour for all of your tickets. Of course some of the more complicated tickets took a few hours to resolve (which is still within our guarantee resolution period), but most of the tickets took just a few minutes to resolve. So altogether, the average response and resolution time for each your tickets were under 1 hour. I'd be more than glad to provide proof for anyone interested.

Also, I checked and I do not see any tickets from you to our feedback department regarding your concern, nor do I see any tickets rated negatively. To the contrary, an exact quote from one of your tickets, you said "Thanks good work ". Therefore, without ever telling us you were dissatisfied, plus even making a positive remark, we had absolutely no way at all of knowing you were nothing but completely satisfied. If you were dissatisfied, you should have contacted us and at least given us the chance to discuss it with you first.
    Last edited by ServerManagement; 12-22-2006 at 05:23 PM.
    PlatinumServerManagement (also known as PSM)
    The OLDEST and LARGEST and MOST TRUSTED server management provider in the USA, with 15+ employees and growing!
    Providing quality support for OVER 21 years! Currently supporting over 3,000+ servers monthly!

www.PlatinumServerManagement.com Proud member of the NJ BBB & Chamber of Commerce & Authorized cPanel Partner.

I have a couple of servers being managed by them since the past couple of months. It has been very much satisfactory indeed. The only problem is their Sales department which can take much time to respond. I had to wait once for 2 days for a server to be added. When we are reselling for our clients, it will be difficult as we have to put the client on hold too. If only they could speed up the Sales operations too...

Thumbs up

so...... everyone else is wrong, and you're right? lol, get real!

there are tons of positive posts here on this forum about psm here, even in this very thread every reply other than yours is positive

you may be disatisfied, but some people are just not happy no matter what,
    and if you never even told them, you shouldn't be complaining here first

i've been with platinumservermanagement for quite a while and they are excellent,
    I probably submit around 20 tickets per month now a days and I know that they spend a decent amount of time on me

2 thumbs up to psm

Quote Originally Posted by Nick H
    I couldn't disagree with you more. I've been with PSM for 8 months now and have not had any issues with their service. Any time there is a problem with their service, a simple ticket to the Feedback department clears things up -- and it usually ends up being me misreading something. I've always found their responses to be amazingly fast and their techs knowledgeable.

@serioussam -- have you tried submitting a ticket to the "Feedback" department to see if you can get things resolved with them directly? Posting here does nothing for you and it would help if you contacted them about the issues to see if they can fix them.
    Seems like u have never tried any other server management company

I have and based on my experiences i m not fully satisfied with PSM.I can understand its very difficult with bigger customer base to dedicate too much time for a single customer.

I agree i opened 16 tickets in first 6 days coz it was a new server and it is understandable that it needs most attention initially.

The part that i m wasnt satisfied was the performance tuning by PSM, they dont really seem to know much about mysql in and out coz i saw no major difference in my server performance. I was pretty depressed coz i paid and wasnt satisfied, after posting something similiar in managed hosting section Nick from http://www.mnxsolutions.com/ offered to help me for free for the month of december.

He was amazing and really seem to know his stuff about mysql and php settings. My server performance went atleast 20-30% better.

It requires time and dedication to solve a problem like performance tuning, sorry to say i didnt get it where i paid.

Too bad the company i was happy with dont deal with external server managemement

PSM is still good when it comes to intial hardening, DNS stuff etc and i m extremely satisifed with it.

Thanks for reading.

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by marisc
    so...... everyone else is wrong, and you're right? lol, get real!

there are tons of positive posts here on this forum about psm here, even in this very thread every reply other than yours is positive

you may be disatisfied, but some people are just not happy no matter what,
    and if you never even told them, you shouldn't be complaining here first

i've been with platinumservermanagement for quite a while and they are excellent,
    I probably submit around 20 tickets per month now a days and I know that they spend a decent amount of time on me

2 thumbs up to psm
    I never said that. I agree i didnt bother to communicate with feedback department coz i got it solved from somewhere else.

I m not challenging anybody's experience and you have no right to challenge mine as well coz u dont know anything about it.

PSM has satisfied clients and that was the only reason i went with them and i still agree to that to some extent.

I have full right to post my experiences here until i m breaking any rules. I m not gonna flame here, i said what i wanted to say

Quote Originally Posted by crystalz
    I had to wait once for 2 days for a server to be added. When we are reselling for our clients, it will be difficult as we have to put the client on hold too. If only they could speed up the Sales operations too...
    Yeah i had that problem, migrated 5 days before server expired, didnt meet the date. That's the only bad experience i had with them, other than that they are FABULOUS.

Smile

I have a couple of servers being managed by them since the past couple of months. It has been very much satisfactory indeed. The only problem is their Sales department which can take much time to respond. I had to wait once for 2 days for a server to be added. When we are reselling for our clients, it will be difficult as we have to put the client on hold too. If only they could speed up the Sales operations too...
    Quote Originally Posted by danserv
    Yeah i had that problem, migrated 5 days before server expired, didnt meet the date. That's the only bad experience i had with them, other than that they are FABULOUS.

We appreciate your feedback on our "Sales" department. We admit that response times from our "Sales" department are not as fast as we would like it to be, but we are already working on improving this. Starting in January, we already have a new employee scheduled to start that will be devoted to Sales/Billing/QA only.

But please keep in mind that our technicians do not handle sales inquiries, so sales response times are absolutely no indication of our technical support server management service. As pointed out, our "Sales" response times are not that fast currently, but our technical support server management service is excellent.

Thanks to everyone for their compliments and feedback, and Happy Holidays to all!

Regards,
    Ethan
    The OLDEST and LARGEST and MOST TRUSTED server management provider in the USA, with 15+ employees and growing!
    Providing quality support for OVER 21 years! Currently supporting over 3,000+ servers monthly!

www.PlatinumServerManagement.com Proud member of the NJ BBB & Chamber of Commerce & Authorized cPanel Partner.

I couldn't disagree more. I find that they love to spend time on my servers and make sure evertyhing is done. The admistration is very fast, and if you read their SLA it can take up to a day to get stuff done; however, that has not happened to me yet.

I suggest everyone go with them.

Quote Originally Posted by ServerManagement
    Starting in January, we already have a new employee scheduled to start that will be devoted to Sales/Billing/QA only.
    Thats great news indeed Ethan ! Would that mean the current new server provision turnaround time of 24 hours will be lowered ? That would be very helpful for those who are reselling your services. Thanks and Happy Holidays !

Thats great news indeed Ethan ! Would that mean the current new server provision turnaround time of 24 hours will be lowered ? That would be very helpful for those who are reselling your services. Thanks and Happy Holidays !
    Yes, our turnaround target time for new account activations and new server additions is the same day :-) This should be starting next month.

Thanks,
    Ethan

Just another thumbs-up from here for PSM. Ethan and his team have helped my company tremendously over the last 2 years. They offer services that we just don't get into, and "outsourcing" for that service at such an affordable price makes it a worthwhile investment.

I also appreciate how friendly and personally supportive the folks at PSM are. I don't know if they even realize how much their tone or approach means to me at the other end, but there have been some stressful evenings where they've really helped me take a deep breath because they were quick, friendly and reassuring. Sometimes it's just good to know somebody out there has got your back, you know???

I should point out that PSM's MySQL optimization service is only for a specific kind of server use, what they deem to be "typical." If I had to hazard a guess, Sam, it is that the work they do does not help in your particular kind of usage. They don't say it will help everyone, in fact they are clear that it won't help everyone. In that case you did the right thing by working with someone else who specializes in MySQL optimization for your kind of use. This is just an example of how one size does not always fit all. They do a great service for the majority of clients, but there are a few that won't be a perfect fit ... and that's okay.

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

Yes, such specialized optimizations should be done by those who specializes in such services. PSM can do general optimization anyway. With whom would you go for such custom MySQL optimization ? Rack911 maybe ?

Will be signing up with PSM soon, I keep hearing great feedback about them and I don't know what I'm doing with my server, I've got it set up and running, but the more in depth stuff I'm totally lost. Can't wait to sign up with them and see how great PSM is.

Great support and response times. I've been with them a few months now.