Thread: Supprt

Supprt

I would like to know what others think about live phone support. Do you think that is good? Now email is standard, should both be offered? What about IM support is that a god option? What kind of support does it take to keep your members happy?

Phone support is good if you can offer it and does offer peace of mind for some customers but it's not completely necessary.

IM support via AIM/MSN, I don't have an opinion on it - Some would view it as unprofessional, some would view it as the ultimate way.

We dont currently offer live phone support. I know many customers find phone support as a great way to gain peace of mind, but my team is small so its hard to maintain it.

We use email, live support system, ticket system, and we use AIM, MSN, YAHOO, And Xfire. Most of our clients don't seam to mind using a any of these mothods of contacting us.

However, we are looking to add phone support soon, as it is a great thing to have if you can maintain it.

The one thing all companys have to have is the Live chat system via their web site, if you have nothing else, this is a must have.

Lane

Quote Originally Posted by The Engine
    Phone support is good if you can offer it and does offer peace of mind for some customers but it's not completely necessary.

IM support via AIM/MSN, I don't have an opinion on it - Some would view it as unprofessional, some would view it as the ultimate way.
    I do agree with the first statment very strongly, but you would need to charge high amounts of money if you were to outsource it for example.

Second statment, don't agree so much. Many of my client's prefer to login to MSN/AIM/YIM and contact me straight away without visiting our website clicking the live chat waiting till someone answers etc.

www.wattproxy.info

Sure, there are good sides.

When you have high availability, MSN/AIM might seem wonderful support means. But when you are busy doing other important priority requests, the last thing you need is "plz help my email doesn't work" via your Yahoo (annoying noise ).

Personally my feeling is that the hosts who don't have much to do usually offers seemingly better and faster support - they can be faster and seemingly "more caring" because they don't have anything else to do!

There's some truth in that.

Tickets are the best way to handle support IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by The Engine
    Sure, there are good sides.

When you have high availability, MSN/AIM might seem wonderful support means. But when you are busy doing other important priority requests, the last thing you need is "plz help my email doesn't work" via your Yahoo (annoying noise ).

Personally my feeling is that the hosts who don't have much to do usually offers seemingly better and faster support - they can be faster and seemingly "more caring" because they don't have anything else to do!

There's some truth in that.

Tickets are the best way to handle support IMHO.
    Highly agree, tickets are the best. We are currently thinking of offering MSN support at certain time period's in the day. As now it's 24/7, like you can leave a message .etc

www.wattproxy.info

As a customer, there are times I would prefer to communicate through IM, but as a host I know I cannot be there in front of AIM for the whole day. I prefer email, because that slight delay is acceptable

Also if you do support via email or a ticket system, you have a record that you or your client can refer to. For example, they ask you a question about pointing a new domain to their account, instead of asking you again, they can just look back at the tickets they've submitted and find the one about setting up domains.

IM - No
    Live Chat - Not unless you have the money for good operators
    Phone - Not unless you have the money for good, friendly and helpful operators, 24/7.

IM - Irritating if it's on your personal account in personal space/time.

Live Chat - Need operators and abuse is high in my opinion. You could operate it yourself but be prepared for it to take up lots of time!

Phone - Can be abused again. We only give it to clients when specially requested when they email customer service. Requires friendly operators and good "sounding" voices. Tricky to perfect so can cost money.

Ticket System - Needed. Should be compulsory.

Matt
    The MonkeyPC - cPanel webhosting that's vibrant and high in quality. Just say hello to The Monkey!

I personally hate ticket systems.

I personally don't use IM or chat...

As for telephone, I as a client never used it, but I've seen lots of complaints because x or y webhost doesn't have it.

Ticket systems - the best for the webhoster, to track all issues, but for the user, it's boring to register over and over, in so much sites...
    Around two decades of web marketing experience & millions of visitors.
    NunoAlex.com explains my expertise & how I can help you.
    Contact me!

Quote Originally Posted by Affiliate7
    Ticket systems - the best for the webhoster, to track all issues, but for the user, it's boring to register over and over, in so much sites...
    Many companies use an integrated system so the customers login can work across multiple areas.

As for phone support, it doesn't need to be 24x7. Offering support online 24x7 then limited phone support is realistic also.

Outsourcing phone support is cheaper than you might think. The trick is to preach to your customers that the ticket system is the fastest and most efficient way to deal with support, and the phone is there for emergencies or situations where for whatever reason they cannot contact you through your website.
    Mike Johnson - thehostinglist.com
    Reviews of the world's top web hosting providers
    Check our reviews at thehostinglist.com before you buy your web hosting package!

I meant for several companies. I must have 20 or 30 support ticket logins for all the software and services I buy.

But I've seen systems where you send an email, and automatically the ticket is registered, without you having to create an user and password.
    Around two decades of web marketing experience & millions of visitors.
    NunoAlex.com explains my expertise & how I can help you.
    Contact me!