Forum and Social Networking Sites Hosting

I'm planning to launch my website (social networking and forums) with ASO $5 month to month contract. They probably have the cheapest and most reliable services for starting website from what I've heard.

I've come across Site Ground's Hosting 400gb and 900gb bandwidth hosting. I know its an oversell but its only going to be $60 /yr claiming they have phpbb forum optimization and such.

Is this a reliable web hosting company? Anyone else have experience with this webhost?

What are some of your recommendations for expanding my website later on in the future?

Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Toronto, Ontario
    Just some thought here. I assume that this is just for starters, however we host a very large social networking web site, that being said, the shared hosting plan is not what they are currently on.

My advice is to go with a hosting company that has an upgrade path from shared to dedicated and then eventually colocation.
    Kaumil P.

I know that social networking will not do well in shared hosting plan. But its only a starter set, a sink and swim sort of thing. If my social networking does good then I'll upgrade. I've never heard of colocation. What is that?

In many cases the provider will allow customers to upgrade to the next higer plan or any higher plan for free. However, generally there are down-grade fees. Basically you don't want to bite off more than you can chew.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

EU - east side
    I know its an oversell but its only going to be $60 /yr claiming they have phpbb forum optimization and such.
    Did you ask what that exactly entails? After all, it is important for any shopper to make the distinction between marketing and the reality of things, and ask for clarifications when they're needed.

I've never heard of colocation. What is that?