Thread: FTP: Web Based

FTP: Web Based

Hi, I'm relativity new to the web and I'm looking to do a website that has an FTP function to it. I am a photo company who wants to have the following features:

I need the ability to setup what I'm thinking are called sub account where each login and password takes them to their own space allowing them to upload their images for me to process.

I need a master account that is seperate from the sub accounts that will allow me to see all of the sub accounts and their uploads and allow me to download their images so I can process them.

Does anyone know of a web software that will allow me to do this? I've been looking for a while and the only application I was able to locate was for an Apple computer. My system is linux based and supports PHP. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and assistance.

You might try checking Fileman from, just an idea - I don't remember if it has the capabilities you desire (they may have been added since I last used Fileman). - Providing information about web analytics and general internet marketing.

I looked at that software and found that what I would need would cost me $150. That's a little out of my price range. Thank you for the reply though. Any other suggestions?

Looks like you're looking for to use a free PHP script called: Invision File Manager. It might not have a 100% of what you requested above but I can honnestly say that at least 90% of the features are in.

Good luck.

Rails in DA - Ruby on Rails plugin for Directdmin | DA-Tomcat - Tomcat Manager plugin for Directdmin
    DA-PgSQL - PostgreSQL plugin for Directdmin | IP Deny Manager - IP Deny Manager plugin for Directdmin
    DeeperAdmin - Manager your DirectAdmin server "deeper"
    Order now at

Sydney, Australia
    here's another open source one