How to get rid a website from search engine index?

Anyone knows?

Do you mean from a specific search engine and then keep it that way or from all search engines and then keep it that way? Or temporarily remove one or a couple of pages? Be more specific.

Take a look at this page, its links provide an outline that works for most search engines:

You mean one of your sites, or from another person?
    If it's from you, just disallow any bots in robots.txt

User-agent: *

With that in your robots.txt no honest crawler will check and index your website.
    For all the others, you can just put the site inside a protected area.
    Around two decades of web marketing experience & millions of visitors. explains my expertise & how I can help you.
    Contact me!

I mean I have 10 domain names that's not even hosted anymore. Somehow search engine yahoo don't get rid of it from the index.

Tasmania, Australia
    They will eventually fall off. The result don't suddenly disappear when the site is gone.

Moved to web deisgn and content.
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.

I have run into the same problem.... I had pages changed due to redesign so the old URLs were giving 404 errors.... it took more than 6 months to clear out.
    GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features. Replicate data across between servers in the same network, WAS, or even across the internet