MediaWiki - How do I add those neat Wikipedia tags?

I'm new to using the MediaWiki software, and so I have a question.
    I just installed a fresh Wiki on my home server. How do I now add those tags you see in Wikipedia such as "requires cleanup" and other stuff. Simply adding the tag's code won't help, so I believe it must first be installed or something.

Any ideas?

I know you don't have to install anything extra to do this, because I did it on my own personal wiki some time ago.

I forget exactly how, but from memory, I think there are Template pages (accessed through the normal web interface, but with a slightly special URL) that define templates you can use in the main wiki pages. I think these are similar to the Special Pages that you can see, i.e. they're not normal pages users would want to access.

Hope this helps somewhat,

Cocodude
    GigaTux, Value Linux Hosting
    UK, US and Germany based Xen VPS. Reliability is key! Quick support response and 99.9% SLA.

Thanks, yes it kind of helps but then, is there something like admin panel in Wiki such as in phpbb?

No, that's kind of what I'm trying to say. The template pages are like normal wiki pages, but not linked to from the usual places. There's not an extensive admin interface to manage templates or anything, as anyone can create their own template.

I think it's probably best to look at the MediaWiki documentation for templates, I'm sure that's where I got some info from.

HTH,

Cocodude
    (and Merry Christmas shortly!)
    Last edited by gigatux; 12-24-2006 at 07:48 PM.
    GigaTux, Value Linux Hosting
    UK, US and Germany based Xen VPS. Reliability is key! Quick support response and 99.9% SLA.