Missing bill payments and unused service

I am the customer in this situation, I have a very cheap dedicated server (under $30 a month) with a company that I have been with for 2 years. To make a short story even shorter, I have not payed my bill in a good 10 months and there is no working OS on my server (as far as I know. although every so often a uptime script I use gets a ping on the ip) yet they keep sending me automated overdue billing notices and account disconnection notices, but never any human typed ones.

I stoped paying the bills after I requested a 3rd OS reinstall (because they couldn't get the first two OS's to work) and they never got around to getting the server back to me. The only reason why I am even concerned is the fact that I receive a ping every so often from the server and the emails are fairly frequent.

What are your thoughts? Although nothing has happened yet do they have any right to go after me?

If you have not signed a contract then nothing to worry about block the notifications, DO NOT USE the SERVER at any cost and move on with your life.

Ontario, Canada
    If they dont have your CC # and they are aware of the situation you're in the clear.

What I dont understand is why you would leave this unattended to for 10 months. Have you called and spoke with someone in person? The sooner you do this the better. What if they decide to persue your due balance after eg. 24 months? - Gameing discussion, arcade, all around good fun

Just because you are not "using" the service does not mean you don't have to pay for it.

If you have a contract with them.. then they are legally entitled to payment even if you never login or use your server.

Why have you not formally cancelled your service with them? Abondoning your account is NOT cancellation.

I highly recommend you contact them right away and ask them why they keep sending you overdue notices... then work from there to figure out what is the status of your account.
    Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

Castle Pines, CO
    Why haven't you called them or keep emailing them? Did you reply to the emails they sent? Did you ever send a notice telling them that you want to cancel service? If not - then I would say you owe them.

Just because you are not using it and you have not cancelled it - you cannot assume the company knows you are not using it and you have cancelled it.