Gateway Questions

In my quest for a merchant for my E-commerce store, I've come across Gateways I don't recognize.
    One of the merchants I am considering offers TransFirst, and Authorize.net.

I've never heard of TransFirst, does anyone have experience with them?

Thanks

After checking out the TransFirst website I have to say they don't exactly inspire confidence. Especially when compared to Authorize.net. I would say take the safe road and go with Authnet.
    John Conde
    Merchant Account Services
    | IT'S HERE: Merchant Accounts 101 : Learn Everything About Merchant Accounts

Never heard of them either, We use Authorize.net for many of our customers and it works great even though i have heard some stories lately of Auth.net having some issues with settlements.

However I still recommend it.
    Jorge Campos | WBpro
    Web Building Professionals
    www.wbpro.com

As this thread is already opened
    Can you please tell me from your own experience what's the easyest and fast way to accept CC payments ?

- Less holding time
    - Send money to merchant using ACH,bank transfer, paypal
    - No too many papers involved
    - Small fees
    - Accept digital/non digital products

Thank you

One of the other merchants I'm considering uses USAePay. They ( USAePay ) seem to offer quite a lot.
    Any experiences with them?

Quote Originally Posted by danyboy2010
    As this thread is already opened
    Can you please tell me from your own experience what's the easyest and fast way to accept CC payments ?

- Less holding time
    - Send money to merchant using ACH,bank transfer, paypal
    - No too many papers involved
    - Small fees
    - Accept digital/non digital products

Thank you
    Depends on what country you are in. If you are in the US, you have many options as virtually every merchant account provider offers what you are looking for.
    John Conde

Quote Originally Posted by Sassatude
    One of the other merchants I'm considering uses USAePay. They ( USAePay ) seem to offer quite a lot.
    Any experiences with them?
    We have been working with USAePAY for quite a while and so far are very pleased. Indeed, we have switched most of our accounts to them from Auth.net.
    Amirocms.com

Well this is my first payment gateway for accepting CCs and i want to choose the right one. Basically i want to get payments for digital products and traffic sales.

We have been working with USAePAY for quite a while and so far are very pleased. Indeed, we have switched most of our accounts to them from Auth.net.
    I have heard negative stories about each, but fewer for USAePay. I've been comparing USAePays Fraud Stopper to Authorize.nets Fraud Detection. Since you have experience with both, any preference in the two?

Quote Originally Posted by Sassatude
    I have heard negative stories about each, but fewer for USAePay. I've been comparing USAePays Fraud Stopper to Authorize.nets Fraud Detection. Since you have experience with both, any preference in the two?
    Why anyone would need Fraud Stopper or similar services offered by gateways if you can use Verified by Visa and Mastercard SecureCode?
    Amirocms.com

Those only go so far in fraud protection. You need to do more then just rely on those services to keep fraud to a minimum.
    John Conde

It looks like TransFirst is a reseller however when researching a provider you may want to look at the bottom of the website to verify they are a registered ISO. They will have a statement at the bottom of their website that is required by the sponsoring banks... I did not see that on the bottom of TransFirst.

Just an FYI, as for Fraud Protection you should also look into chargeback insurance some vendors offer this as a safety net for merchants. As for having to use a third party fraud protection software, my understanding is that your provider would normally have this built into it unless you disable it but that would invite fraud.

Thanks for the info. I plan to use all measures possible to try and ensure over all protection. It's my biggest concern.

I currently use BankCard Central let me know if I can help. Thx