The Absolute best Dedicated Server Provider out there?

Hello guys! I registered waaaay back when and currently I am looking for a dedicated server.

I was originally considering going with Hivelocity, but noticed they have had some recent downtime. Now I know downtime is "gunna" happen, but apparently it was too much. I was also considering SoftLayer, but others have said they have had too much downtime.

Which provider has the best uptime and support for the best price. I don't have any requirements for a server except at least 1TB of monthly bandwidth. I am open to anything!

Thank you very much!

P.S. please don't plug a company that you work for. Sorry!

based on my experience, ethr.net has great uptime. for the past 18 month, there is only 1 outage last in under 5 minutes.
    current and satisfied customer of softlayer.com and webnx.com

www.razorblue.com
    www.thorn.net
    www.gigenet.com

Some names that come to mind.

The best? Handy Networks.

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by G-RaZoR
    P.S. please don't plug a company that you work for. Sorry!
    That would be against the rules here @ WHT.

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

SoftLayer's DNS servers got hit by a DDoS attack, which affected a lot of people. I missed out because I run my own DNS. Apart from that, they've been very good.

swijaya0101: ethr.net seems very good, but a tad pricey in my opinion. I like their options though

layer0: razorblue is in Europe? That would be no good I guess. Gigenet has EXACTLY what I want, but they are sold out.

bithost(NET): Handy Networks looks perfect, but can anyone second them?

layer0: razorblue is in Europe? That would be no good I guess. Gigenet has EXACTLY what I want, but they are sold out.
    They have POPs in the US as well. Specifically NYC.

swijaya0101: ethr.net seems very good, but a tad pricey in my opinion. I like their options though

Sometimes the "absolute best" tends to cost a little extra. That seems to be a general rule of thumb - but of course there are exceptions.

layer0:Gigenet has EXACTLY what I want, but they are sold out.

I assume your referring to the AMD ? We will have a bunch in stock by monday maybe even friday, i think we have one in stock till the new batches arrive tomorrow/friday.
    GigeNET
    Dedicated Servers + Cloud Servers + Colocation + DDOS Protection + IP Transit with FCP optimized routing
    Locations in Chicago Los Angeles and Ashburn

ThePlanet, As I remember threre was no outage since I'm with them, almost 2 years already.

Quote Originally Posted by ckissi
    ThePlanet, As I remember threre was no outage since I'm with them, almost 2 years already.
    Then you must have been in the lucky half of the datacenter when they had that big UPS failure.

Everyone has outages. The real test is how quickly things get fixed after they break.

Do a Search. They've been mentioned here before.

Since they don't blow a ton of money on advertising, they have pretty well been flying under the radar -- they aren't in the forefront of the spotlight. They're quietly humming behind-the-scenes, gettin' the job done, growing through referrals and recommendations. So when you don't see a lot of mentions here at WHT, that's why.

Bailey
    Last edited by bithost(NET); 12-21-2006 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by layer0
    They have POPs in the US as well. Specifically NYC.
    We currently have London, NYC and Chicago to come early next year.

Good luck with your search.

Dan

softlayer has been great for us and despite a few moments of downtime like anyone can suffer they have proven themselves time and time again.

As far as handy networks goes, I spoke to Jay awhile ago on AIM, and a couple of the other guys that work with him. They are one of the companies I wish I had a chance to do business with, seemed to know their stuff, super friendly and their network infrastructure is exquisite. I would most definitely bet on them flying under the radar and getting things done behind the scenes

SoftLayer
    Steadfast
    ThePlanet

With servers at these locations I've been extremely happy!

LunarPages offers 3 different bandwith options: 1 Tb - 1,5 Tb - 2 Tb
    They are good, but they aren't cheap.

There are cheaper but we can't just check specs, but the overall picture: reviews here at WHT, performance and support.
    Around two decades of web marketing experience & millions of visitors.
    NunoAlex.com explains my expertise & how I can help you.
    Contact me!

Theres a lot of good servers that have been mentioned here.

Im going to go along and vote for Steadfast.net as well, nothing but great for me
    Linux junkie | steward.io